• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: WARPED

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
  • Has anyone else looked at the screenshot in the 3rd Warp Place with the old man lying on the floor? Tell me his reflection in the water does not look like the eyes are gone! (upper right corner)
    Spoiler:

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years
  • Has anyone else looked at the screenshot in the 3rd Warp Place with the old man lying on the floor? Tell me his reflection in the water does not look like the eyes are gone! (upper right corner)
    Spoiler:

OMG, this is indeed a great find. Congratualtions!

Anyways, hello one and all. Unfortunately this will not be the post that you are all wanting. Things have become quite hectic over the past month, and look to continue to be so for the foreseeable future - Education has begun once again, which severely limits our time to spend on entertaining projects, such as WARPED. Fear not though, expect to see minor updates soon, with a more major one around Christmas time.
    Until then, peace out!

Years
  • So we'll have to wait for Beta 3.1 I guess? I guess I will be able to post pictures of glitches that weren't shown yet when I have the time too, and also have to play it again too.

WHY HAVE I PLAYED BETA 3 ONCE??? :( I will want to play it again then.

Magneto20

CoOmnipotent1of Pokemon:WARPED
    Years
  • Hello beautiful people! (I presume...)

It's been a bit quiet on the WARPED front lately. That's because of all the other exciting stuff me and AndyP159 have been up to, like, like... yeah.

Anywho, expect the next major update on Beta 4 (!) to come round about the Christmas time.

The hints I can give for now is that it is going to be the last compulsory Warp Room (the 5th warp room is bonus material which should be fun), will feature the fourth lord (Master of Fire!), will have some pretty nefarious puzzles, and may feature the long awaited return of a certain egotistical trainer of the Dragon-type variety...

Until next time, peace out!

Years
  • And now it is time for another SonicBlazePlatinum comment and/or/but/because late response to an awesome ROM Hack made in mighty England where two dudes make a ROM Hack.

So I am guessing you are working on Beta 4 already? I guess we might or might not get a fixed Beta 3 but I don't mind. You probably have a busy schedule saving the world from Chavs/Lunatics/Mobsters/Giant enemies/Lance ripoffs or busy with school/college so I could see why or why not. But anyways I will wait for the next updates along with the caped dragon master.

OI! -as said by Samuel Oak

Magneto20

Years
  • Hello ladies, gentlemen and variations thereupon!

Update time!

Straight to the point, Beta 4 will be released in Summer '11!
    Here are the things you can expect:

- Lance to return!
    - A fight against the fourth and final lord, Azanya, Master of Fire! Defeating him will unlock all remaining barriers in the stages, essentially saving the Amafuso region and restoring peace!
    - However, that's not the end. After all 4 Lord have been defeated, a final battle with their leader, creatively titled The Leader will occur. That's what is behind the 5th door in the warp mainframe. Dun dun DUN!!!
    - 5 pretty awesome, hopefully pretty big levels. There's been a lot of levels that have just been pretty lazy, tiny 'breather' levels (e.g. aerbs mountains, mirosav beach), so I want to go all out with these ones.
    - Bonus stages, behind the 6th door. A return to some parts of the Septo Region is in order!
    - Return of May, who was last seen ninja disappearing in Septo Conquest.
    - Return of Koga.
    - Return of the player from Septo Conquest! He's now the King of Septo and still a loveable jerk.
    - The mysterious cave in Luneth Town will finally be revealed!

Exciting stuff!

On a related and potentially sadder note, this will be the final beta of WARPED that I work on, and the final ROM hack that I'll do. That's not to say that AndyP159 won't carry on doing WARPED or another ROM hack (I don't know what his plans are), but it'll be without me. I've had a fun few years occasionally doing ROM hacks but I now think it's a good time to finish up and move onto new projects. Despite general awfulness as panned by the critics, I think Septo Conquest was pretty damn good, and hilarious! Much funnier than 99% of all the hacks that I see. Get a sense of humour everyone! Haha. I'm also pretty proud of how WARPED is turning out, and I think it's a good one to end on.

So thank you so very much for all the interest you guys have shown in mine and AndyP159's work, and this isn't the end of my ROM hack days quite yet, there's still the 4th beta to come!

Huzzah!

Years
  • How big will these levels be anyways? As big as the Diglett's Cave map and as tall as Route 17? Also Lance makes an appearance! Makes me wonder if he met Bruce Campell....... Do we get to battle him? Well that's all I...um...done writing...yeah...??...See ya!

Magneto20

Years
  • How big will these levels be anyways? As big as the Diglett's Cave map and as tall as Route 17? Also Lance makes an appearance! Makes me wonder if he met Bruce Campell....... Do we get to battle him? Well that's all I...um...done writing...yeah...??...See ya!

No, you don't get to battle Bruce Campbell. :P But you might get to battle Lance!
    And the levels will be... well, whatever size they turn out to be, but I don't want to do levels that take 2 minutes to complete.

Years
  • Actually I asked if we could battle Lance in Beta 4, but I didn't word it correctly. :S I believe those levels will have mazes more difficult than Septo Conquests? Oh, and I like Septo Conquest the way it is so I don't think I'll work on SC Deluxe! anymore, and I don't have time either. Also blue text!

Magneto20

Years
  • Actually I asked if we could battle Lance in Beta 4, but I didn't word it correctly. :S I believe those levels will have mazes more difficult than Septo Conquests? Oh, and I like Septo Conquest the way it is so I don't think I'll work on SC Deluxe! anymore, and I don't have time either. Also blue text!

Yeah I knew you were asking if the player would battle Lance, but I thought I'd evade the question in a quirky and mysterious way, much like a director wouldn't spoil his/her film by saying "Oh yeah and this, this and this happens."

And yes, these mazes will be sadistic. These mazes will be cruel. These mazes will be designed with as much hatred as possible, so that the player will have daydreams of killing me and AndyP159 in the most gruesome manner possible.

Years
  • They will be upset about the mazes so much that if they use walkthrough walls it won't work. People will go berserk and demand for umm.... more uhh.... something and uhh.... Also even if we don't or do battle Lance it will still be awesome seeing him one more time. By the way if Brock reappears will he be using Pokemon he used in Gold and Silver like Rhyhorn, Omastar, and Kabutops or is he crazy about using the team Red battled him with?

Magneto20

Years
  • They will be upset about the mazes so much that if they use walkthrough walls it won't work. People will go berserk and demand for umm.... more uhh.... something and uhh.... Also even if we don't or do battle Lance it will still be awesome seeing him one more time. By the way if Brock reappears will he be using Pokemon he used in Gold and Silver like Rhyhorn, Omastar, and Kabutops or is he crazy about using the team Red battled him with?

Brock will indeed reappear... WITH A STEELIX! Yes, he's decided to become a badass.

Also, mini-update... the final lord, Azanya, will be fought inside a volcano.
    And there will be an Elite 4 of sorts!

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years

They will demand more Lance!
    Hello again one and all, sorry about my absence - too much time spent playing CoD :)
    Anyways, we are slowly working our way towards the final beta of this game, and just to say there will be one hell of a plot twist to finish. Stay tuned...

Years
  • I'm guessing Beta 4 and Beta 5 will be combined into the final beta? So Brock took a level in awesome, huh? I believe the volcano will probably be huge, maybe bigger than Mt. Ember and Mt. Chimney combined! So the first lord is serious, the second one is gentle, and the third is a jerk, I believe the forth one will be something I just don't know yet! :D

Yes, my text is blue, but in a good way!

Magneto20

Years
  • I'm guessing Beta 4 and Beta 5 will be combined into the final beta? So Brock took a level in awesome, huh? I believe the volcano will probably be huge, maybe bigger than Mt. Ember and Mt. Chimney combined! So the first lord is serious, the second one is gentle, and the third is a jerk, I believe the forth one will be something I just don't know yet! :D

Yes, my text is blue, but in a good way!

Yes, the final beta is a mixture of what was intended for betas 4 and 5, with all the best parts taken from both. Yes, Brock took a level in awesome, along with a few other characters too...
    The fourth lord has a massive ego and very snarky and stuff... I'm looking forward to writing his dialogue!

And yes, there is a pretty cool plot twist towards the end.... turns out Darth Vader is the player's father! Dun dun DUN!!!!!!

RubADubBlub

The Blub Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2012
    The Warp House idea is kind of wierd for a Pokemon Game
    except if its rarely used kind of like the Mans House in Pokemon Ruby where he Hides
    it would be good if it was a side thing

Ether Way Nice Hack

Magneto20

Years
  • The Warp House idea is kind of wierd for a Pokemon Game
    except if its rarely used kind of like the Mans House in Pokemon Ruby where he Hides
    it would be good if it was a side thing

Ether Way Nice Hack

Thank you my friend for the suggestion to change the entire premise of the hack at such a late stage, I'll be sure to take that idea on board.

In other news, I can reveal to you all what the first stage of the fourth warp room (i.e stage 16) might be... I'm currently thinking along the lines of a Lake of Rage style level, with winding forest paths and a fishing ranch!

Hooray-ness!

Peace out, dudes and dudettes.

Years
  • I believe Azanya's volcano will use Mt. Ember's maps? Except for the outside crater and probably be where Moltres was. This volcano has strength boulders and rock smash rocks most likely.

Oh and good news everyone! I played Pokemon: WARPED Beta 3 again and found some glitches that were reported and maybe fixed a while ago bu we weren't aware about it.

Anyways here they are:

And by here they are I mean by private message. I will be sending the private message to both and you can respond to tell me if it's fixed as they will be #'d. A.K.A. Numbered'd for those who are #ing there buttons.

And the SonicBlazePlatinum Cab rolls on.......

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years
  • I believe Azanya's volcano will use Mt. Ember's maps? Except for the outside crater and probably be where Moltres was. This volcano has strength boulders and rock smash rocks most likely.

Oh and good news everyone! I played Pokemon: WARPED Beta 3 again and found some glitches that were reported and maybe fixed a while ago bu we weren't aware about it.

Anyways here they are:

And by here they are I mean by private message. I will be sending the private message to both and you can respond to tell me if it's fixed as they will be #'d. A.K.A. Numbered'd for those who are #ing there buttons.

And the SonicBlazePlatinum Cab rolls on.......

Cab? Surely thats way expensive. Train would be much more cash efficient. However, myself, I prefer a unicycle.

Also, i didn't appear to get a PM about the glitches. Why would you lie to me like that?

Anyways, hopefully, some updates will be appearing over the easter period. I am aware that these are well overdue now, and thus these updates (in the form of screenshots of awesomeness) will be extra AWESOME!
    Keep an eye on the thread for more details soon...

To the Skies!

Years
  • It's a reference to Cash Cab, a show on Discovery Channel. Oh and the PM I sent said the exact same thing, except replace Magneto with Andy. I believe you are done working on Levels 16 and 17? I'm not sure where you're at but we'll see it when Lance's pictures of Warp House 4 are done developing. :D

PS: I saw Toy Story 3 a few weeks ago and the cymbal banging monkey was kind of scary...

Back