• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Concept: Pokemon Wars - The Hoenn Tale

Does this seem like a plausible game so far?

• Sounds great!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Needs work, but plausible.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Not quite there, try a bit more.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You should stop what you're doing.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Mars THT

Remapping the Pokemon Universe and developing THT
Years
  • Hello, any and all.

I'm just in the process of writing a concept for a fan game. It's based on the timeline in which the 'ultimate weapon' used by AZ fires the weapon (based on the theory that this weapon was used in Kalos on Paldea) and partially destroys both regions. With a region map showing Hoenn in the vicinity, it would be a playthrough of the Hoenn region. The protagonist will be sent by their government on missions to both Kalos and Paldea (only a partition of the regions) to help, while the Hoenn E4 are actually using the missions as an undercover way to seize and utilize the weapons for themselves. The short version of the story;
    1.1 Rough Plot
    Start in Hoenn. Go through a partial gym challenge (1-3?). Get contacted by Elite Four (Hoenn) and instructed to travel to Paldea and Kalos to help build up cities (missions/quests to complete during remainder of gym challenge). Power struggle of all gangs (listed above) are present throughout the game (non-native gang members appear less frequently).
    Finish gym challenge, get pulled into a second war (the leaders of the Hoenn region want to take over both regions) (leaders of Hoenn stole the weapon from Kalos and resources from Paldea while you were "helping").
    Take down Elite Four (Hoenn leaders) to finish primary story. This ends Hoenn leaders from trying to take over Kalos and Paldea.
    Secondary story; fight Team Flare, Aqua, Magma, Star, and Rocket to end power struggle. New gang (Team Breeze) appear in power vacuum (around gym 6/7).
    1.2 Initial post-story
    Fight Elite Four from Paldea and Kalos to stop their governments from invading Hoenn during tie up of war.
    1.3 Secondary post-story
    Fight legendary Pokémon in all regions to stop the imbalance of power between the regions. Additionally, take down Team Breath with some lingering members of Teams Flare, Aqua, Magma, Star, and Rocket.
    1.4 Tertiary post-story
    Battle Champions from Kanto, Johto, Kalos, Hoenn, and Paldea. These trainers will create a new organization to prevent wars from occurring between the regions (like a United Nations, name in consideration: United Regions "UR").
    1.5 Streamer-Friendly Modifications and World Flavor
    Pokédex to include Gen 1-3 (?), 6, and 9. HMs not required, trainer is able to use these abilities once they obtain the appropriate training/item. Rare candies available for purchase from family at the start of game. Master ball available for purchase beginning secondary post-story.
    I have, linked below, the current document in which I'm writing for the storyboard (including different gangs and fateful encounters) and a Living Dex for the Pokemon expected to be found in each region.
    I would appreciate any input and feedback anyone has.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Mars THT

Years
  • Hi there,

It sounds like you have an interesting concept for a fan game! It's always exciting to see people's creativity and passion for their interests. I hope your writing process is going well and that you're enjoying exploring this world and its characters. Keep up the great work!

Thank you! I've finished writing for now and am beginning the egregious journey of learning how to make maps and code games.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello I have a question and one thing to say about the world map
    1.first to the world map that makes no sense I mean why is Sinnoh so far away from Johto ever heard of Sinjoh ruins the regions are on top of each other also Kanto should be closer to Hoenn because of the Sevii islets because for example the Birth Island in FRLG and Emerald is accessible the things I noticed maybe these can be fixed
    2.the question is: Is it planned to bring the game sometime in other languages? I could help. Have a nice day.

Mars THT

Years
  • Hello I have a question and one thing to say about the world map
    1.first to the world map that makes no sense I mean why is Sinnoh so far away from Johto ever heard of Sinjoh ruins the regions are on top of each other also Kanto should be closer to Hoenn because of the Sevii islets because for example the Birth Island in FRLG and Emerald is accessible the things I noticed maybe these can be fixed
    2.the question is: Is it planned to bring the game sometime in other languages? I could help. Have a nice day.

The map that I had drawn from (the one included in the word file) was found online. Johto/Kanto, though iconic, will not be featured in the game. The three regions will be Hoenn as the primary, with visits to Paldea and Kalos. Sinnoh will also not be included in this game.
    Today I finished detailing the 'town maps'.

Though close to R/S/E/OR/AS, the map is altered due to where I would picture some tectonic changes (keep in mind, I'm trying to emulate the Era of the ultimate weapon that birthed the canon multiverse. I also have drawn into the Kalos and Paldea maps evidence of it coming from the end of war times.

Regarding alternative languages, I think that would be an excellent idea. I would like to include this as a feature, though there is much to do prior to learning how to implement this (such as writing the game story more clear, character creation, map creation).

I will do my best to try to remember this offer when I get closer to this point so that I can reach out to you.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The map that I had drawn from (the one included in the word file) was found online. Johto/Kanto, though iconic, will not be featured in the game. The three regions will be Hoenn as the primary, with visits to Paldea and Kalos. Sinnoh will also not be included in this game.
    Today I finished detailing the 'town maps'.

Though close to R/S/E/OR/AS, the map is altered due to where I would picture some tectonic changes (keep in mind, I'm trying to emulate the Era of the ultimate weapon that birthed the canon multiverse. I also have drawn into the Kalos and Paldea maps evidence of it coming from the end of war times.

Regarding alternative languages, I think that would be an excellent idea. I would like to include this as a feature, though there is much to do prior to learning how to implement this (such as writing the game story more clear, character creation, map creation).

I will do my best to try to remember this offer when I get closer to this point so that I can reach out to you.

I will soon create a Discord account if so what is for these things and because the game is set in the past of hoenn there eigetnlich regional forms like in PLA?

Mars THT

Years
  • I will soon create a Discord account if so what is for these things and because the game is set in the past of hoenn there eigetnlich regional forms like in PLA?

At this time, I have not planned any regional varients. I enjoyed that Game Freak did that in PLA, though I'd be remiss to believe that with my lower knowledge of game writing and spriting that I'd be way out of my league to try to create those as well (at least at this time).
    I haven't made a discord channel for this yet, because I am still in the planning stages. This game is still in its infancy. I do, however, have plans for sound tracks, the story (in the word file, and a want to make this thing a reality.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I meant with the discord account for me to contact because if you want I can help for German to translate but only when the time is ripe have you actually already thought about whether you want to make trailers / website hergend when i mean may be a bit early but who knows? I say goodbye then times for now. Have a nice day
    PS:i know german is not that popular as a language but i can't help much more than that

Last edited:

Mars THT

Years
  • Is there any Progress since the last time?
    At this time, there isn't. I was falling into my work pretty heavily and I took a break from this. I actually just picked up my notes and decided to start trying this again.

Mars THT

Years
  • 1000011377.jpgBefore I work on the game again, I decided to start piecing out the regions together based on their real life inspirations in Japan (for those it applies) so that I can make the world and the story more immersive and make sense.

The picture is 9 regions (including spin-off games) that have real world inspirations and seemingly fit together quite well. Once I finish this primary draft, I'll start converting it to a digital version that will be seen in the game itself.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    View attachment 154811Before I work on the game again, I decided to start piecing out the regions together based on their real life inspirations in Japan (for those it applies) so that I can make the world and the story more immersive and make sense.

The picture is 9 regions (including spin-off games) that have real world inspirations and seemingly fit together quite well. Once I finish this primary draft, I'll start converting it to a digital version that will be seen in the game itself.
    I mean the Theory of the Ultimate Weapon with Kalos and Paldea is for ass as whe know

Mars THT

Years
  • I mean the Theory of the Ultimate Weapon with Kalos and Paldea is for ass as whe know
    Canonically, the weapon is used in Kalos. Kitikami is a region that looks like a creator, but the same can also be said for Paldea.
    I'm thinking of focusing on the attack happening in Kitikami for a couple of reasons/self-rationalization.
    1. R/S/E/OR/AS are my favorite games (nostalgia) and the region I have spent the most time in.
    2. With all of the regions surrounding it, I think it's plausible that an attack would happen to this large cluster of countries when a Pokemon "world war" is in consideration.
    3. Lieutenant Surge (R/G/B/Y) mentions he was a part of a war. Kanto is attached, or at least close to, to Kitikami (real world geography). Paldea is it's own island and is based on a European country irl.

Back