• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon. Why?

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I think I became a Pokefan when the first movie came out. Sure, I played Blue Version, but I was little and didn't know there was a show about it. Ever since, Pokemon was the #1 game I've played.

Clouddyl

Playing battle tower doubles!
    Years
    Back when I was like, 5 or 6 some friends in the playground were playing pokemon, and made me play. I had no idea what was going on, but looked it up after and pretty much became obsessed, kinda stopped in the G/S/C to R/S gap, and didn't get back into it fully intill my birthday a few years ago, where I bought a DS for Diamond on impulse, and now I'm as obsessed as ever :D

Lightey

The Night Owl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    Well, I used to always do what my cousin would, and he liked Pokemon when he was 8 and I was 3. At 4, I started playing a game, and it was fun, so I watched the show and got the cards.

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    When I first read the books I liked the series, I watched the show and got my first game (yellow) at 8. Now im 13 and obsessed

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2009
    When I was 6 I got Pokemon Red and my Brother got Pokemon Blue (or vice versa) for Christmas from our parents friends (my god father). So I was playing it for years, I remember the first night i got it was so mad cause i couldnt figure out how to get out of the house ! Who knew the doormat was the exit...psht...

Anyways it took me like 2-3 years to complete the entire pokedex :D then Gold and silver came out and i got both of those...then Crystal. Then I remember I was in 5th grade and I was like "Yeah guys did you hear they're making a new pokemon, i'm going to get it just so I can see how dumb it is" and everyone agreed lol. Then we all got it, and i got every guy in my class addicted to pokemon. And since I had so many good times with it, i kind of got an emotional attachment, and thought my attachment to it isn't as strong anymore, I continue to buy every movie that comes out, just to collect them, and I buy every game (In the RPG series) I dont buy MD or stuff like that. Though Im thinking bout getting dash now even though it's so old lol. Wasnt it like the first pkmn game for DS ? Yeah well i'll probably get Dash, and I have the first ranger so i'll probably get the second :)

But yeah I just have an emotional attachment to it...

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    My reason might sound very odd....But pokemon was my escape...I haven't had a tough life or anything, to be honest it has been very average....I found pokemon to be an outlet for me or something...I felt that I had something others diddn't lol...I can't explain it really, but I grew up with pokemon and I still escape to it when I really need to..

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
    My older sister sort of nudged me to the Pokemon world. She would always make me watch the show with her on Saturday mornings. She also used to collect the TCG cards, which she sold much to my dismay. I knew there were video games, but my parents wouldn't buy them for us. Years later my mom brought one of those really ancient Gameboys and a copy of Pokemon Silver. My brother used to play it until handing it to me. I would play it for hours, using up battery after battery. I finally got an SP for my birthday, and I was able to play it with colors. I found out about Special/Adventures on accident while going through a second-hand store and finding volume 3. I wish I could say I still had it, but some kid stole it from me and I never saw him again. As the years went by I bought Sapphire, LeafGreen, and Pearl (with a DS, obviously), continuously playing them to this day.

Years
    My older sister sort of nudged me to the Pokemon world. She would always make me watch the show with her on Saturday mornings. She also used to collect the TCG cards, which she sold much to my dismay. I knew there were video games, but my parents wouldn't buy them for us. Years later my mom brought one of those really ancient Gameboys and a copy of Pokemon Silver. My brother used to play it until handing it to me. I would play it for hours, using up battery after battery. I finally got an SP for my birthday, and I was able to play it with colors. I found out about Special/Adventures on accident while going through a second-hand store and finding volume 3. I wish I could say I still had it, but some kid stole it from me and I never saw him again. As the years went by I bought Sapphire, LeafGreen, and Pearl (with a DS, obviously), continuously playing them to this day.
    pokemon world is a interesting magazine to read, it shows plenty of things in it.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 7, 2023
    I was six (1996) and on Italia 1 (the main channel for animes, still today) started an huge advertising for a new cartoon that would have started some days later. Guess which anime it was? XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2009
    My brother was playing it and I stole the game just to annoy him o3o;
    My first game file failed though.
    I had a uber Venusaur and everything else was crap.
    But i beat the elite four XDD

.FoX.

Blaine's Succesor
    Years
    One day, I was watching early morning cartoons with my cousin who had slept over. We came across the WB 11 and they were showing pokemon. I even remember the episode they were showing (my first episode). It was "Island of Giant Pokemon" I have been a hard core fan ever since. Its been about 10 years now.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I have prepared a life story just for this :D!!!....

I have no idea when I started to get into Pokemon. I was just a watcher from times I remember :\...

What a story.

. R e ð e m p † i o n

•You got a piece of meh!•
    Years
    I'll have to thank the TCG and the 'interesting' anime series. I've collected about 200 different cards and made it to the Orange Islands season of Pokemon until I discovered Crater and played Ruby. I got so addicted, I've been a fan ever since.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I have been a fan since R/B/Y, Jungle set TGC, and the Kanto anime. Not sure why, it was just the most interesting thing to me at the time. Im still addicted to it.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    I got started when a friend of mine at school asked if I had seen the show. She told me I should watch it, and so that day when I got home I turned it on. (Fox 11 I think? ;-; So long ago.) It was the episode where Ash caught Caterpie, and it's been love ever since.

I asked for a Pokemon game for Christmas that year, and ended up with Blue and a GBC. After that came Red, Yellow... then the TCG (though the cards got banned at our school. >.>') Later I ended up saving all of my lunch money everyday until I had enough to buy an N64 and Pokemon Stadium... the tale goes on and on.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    I was at my friend's and she was like "Come on, let's go watch TV, Pokémon starts in 5 minutes!". I had no idea what Pokémon was, but I went to the living room with her anyways. When I saw a little blue turtle *coughSquirtlecough* shooting water out of it's mouth, I just tought that it was so cute and all "D'awwww...". Then I got some Pokémon sticker album thing when I was 7 or something and then I found out that there are Pokémon games too. And now I'm here.

I still remember what was that first Pokémon episode I watched. It was the one where Ash and Co. met Bruno, in the first season. They tried to help out an Onix, I think a Sandslash got stuch between it's rocks or something. xD

Vie

Years
    I like it, because you can live a life completely different to yours, and you can always stop if you get bored. Also, the places and the pokemon are exiting. I love playing the game, because you can raise and train them as you think it is best.
    I started playing it when blue appeared on the marked, and then later I started watching it on TV. Today the episodes on TV are soo boring (in my opinion), but the game isn't. =D
    It just rocks.
    No matter how old you are.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I was watching the show, and as I kid I started to love it. I started a big game of pretending to be a trainer with all my neighborhood friends. It was pretty cool, then when I got gameboy and pokemon blue for my birthday that just started a ridiculous addiction. When I was about 8 I sold my double cards to my friends and made some good money only to buy more packs.

Back