• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon World!!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Okay... The following stuff is my opinion on your site.

Woah... Alright, let's start with the main page ^^. It's not attractive! The colours are really boring. Instead of using a simple blue, you could use a Metallic Blue or even Indigo. Those colours will attract the audience. Also, there's some really bright blue around the other blue. That's makes the colour random. And that's not good! And, there's some black pixel in some places... ~~'

For the title, it's not something great. " Pokemon World " is way to simple. You should change the name. I don't know what is the Earth doing there... Seriously, I really don't know. If it's because of having the word " world " in your site, there's a huge problem, since the world of Pokemon have been built in Japan. And again, there's some random black pixels around the yellow title.

And the " Berry Dex " & " Pokemon Natures " sections are really, really, really weird. No offense. First of all, those sections aren't the main sections that a Pokemon site needs. Now, about those two pages, they are way too simple, sadly. No colours, no images... Plain old font and plain old colour. That doesn't attract the viewer's eyes.

Just... Keep working. I mean, a site needs to catch the viewer's eyes... And once again, this was my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    Hey thx!!! just wondering is there somehow I can update all my pages at once without having to edit each one of them? cause thats the reason I didn't do to much on the Pokemon Natures and Berry Dex.

Years
  • https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=29311
    check that thread out for better free hosts, but you can use SSI, server side includes.
    say this is your layout:
    Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>LOL TITLE</title>
    </head>
    <body style="padding:0;margin:0;">
    <table width="700" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="center">
    <tr>
    <td colspan="3" width="700" height="145">
    <center>LOL BANNAR</center>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top" width="150">
    <center>LOL SIDEBAR</center>
    </td>
    <td valign="top" border="0" width="400">
    <center>LOL CONTENT</center>
    </td>
    <td valign="top" border="0" width="150">
    <center>LOL SIDBAR 2</center>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="3" height="20" width="700" border="0">
    <center>LOL COPYRIGHT</center>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </body>
    </html>

you can make two files: top.txt(or anything you want, like lol.rpfd, it doesnt matter) and bottom.txt, top.txt will have:
    Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>LOL TITLE</title>
    </head>
    <body style="padding:0;margin:0;">
    <table width="700" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="center">
    <tr>
    <td colspan="3" width="700" height="145">
    <center>LOL BANNAR</center>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top" width="150">
    <center>LOL SIDEBAR</center>
    </td>
    <td valign="top" border="0" width="400">

and bottom.txt will have:
    Code:
    </td>
    <td valign="top" border="0" width="150">
    <center>LOL SIDBAR 2</center>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="3" height="20" width="700" border="0">
    <center>LOL COPYRIGHT</center>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </body>
    </html>

all you need to do now is this:
    Code:
    <!--#include virtual="top.txt" -->
    <center>LOL CONTENT</center>
    <!--#include virtual="bottom.txt" -->
    for each page. so everything above the content goes in top.txt, and everything below goes in bottom.txt. But you need to rename yout files to .shtml instead of .html or .htm.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    for each page. so everything above the content goes in top.txt, and everything below goes in bottom.txt. But you need to rename yout files to .shtml instead of .html or .htm.

I renamed them but its not working it says its invalid and I tried it on geocities and Freewebs.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
  • The main page is unattractive..The colors totally clash, to be honest, and it's pretty plain. The little spinning world logo should've been made transparent because the white background is turning it into an eyesore. The news on the left is in a very small font and difficult to read. I can't read the navbar links unless I look really hard. And you should change the font, it's too plain. And I'd get a nicer server, if you want your website to be well known. The chatbox's background is too flashy and you can't see the text...

Years
  • The main page is unattractive..The colors totally clash, to be honest, and it's pretty plain. The little spinning world logo should've been made transparent because the white background is turning it into an eyesore. The news on the left is in a very small font and difficult to read. I can't read the navbar links unless I look really hard. And you should change the font, it's too plain. And I'd get a nicer server, if you want your website to be well known. The chatbox's background is too flashy and you can't see the text...

Personally I think the world should spin INTO a Pokeball, that would be so awesome! But yeah, you hit the nail right on the head.

Monkey In Rehab

Spritee
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2007
    The layout is ok. It would be better to have more advancedly made nav bars + such. You may also be better with a dark background and white text. Imo that would look good

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    Hmm, maybe I got something wrong. If I did I'm sorry,

Yea your right I tried it on GeoCities and got it to work but now I'M MAD >.< cause I had over 70 pages uploaded an I did the one thing where I can change all the pages with one txt file and it deleted all my files :disappoin

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    Ha, thats why you edit all your files without a program. Just shows your lazy. No offense tho.

What do you mean edit all your files without a program?

P.S. I don't like being called lazy cause I'm really not lazy I'm just new to this stuff.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    You need to manually do it, not have a program do it. a Program would really screw it up.

O I get what you mean I manually did it and it was fine for a while then I wen't back on my computer and all the files where gone.

I think its just the host.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    Your host has nothing to do with it.

I think its the host cause I when to the support forum and a lot of people where saying that there files kept getting deleted.

Lord Kokkei said:
    5 words: always back up to iDisk

How do you do that on geocities? or is it something that I have to save on my computer?

Cause I have copies of the files on my computer but do I have to upload them again on Geocities?

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
  • Back in the days when I was stuck on a site builder host like Geocities, sometimes certain codes wouldn't work for me if it was also tied in with the on-site design program. I probably missed it somewhere in the plethora of replies, but are you using completely code with your layout?

And for the design: the globe AND the ticker don't work for me. I can also see how it could easily make a slow computer go much slower. And also, instead of just a Times font, try lightening it up a little with a sans-serif or something. The bland blue-blue-yellow-white... I dunno, try something different.

Back