• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X and Y Commercial USA

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • Found it. Low quality, but it's something.
    Nope, that's pretty much what I was expecting. It's CGI mixed with live action on a limited TV commercial budget. I hope no one was expecting something more than that.

For what it's worth, I like it! It didn't have that same human-Pokémon interaction feel that the older commercials like this had, but it was fun to watch. It's honestly better than just a boring rehash of gameplay footage that they've done so many times already in recent years. So I'm glad they tried to at least put more effort into these. They even gave subtle hints to the new sky battles and riding feature before they even showed the game play at the end. It's kind of crafty.

What's priceless, however, is the facial expression of Flint ( from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs) at the start of the next commercial. Pretty much everyone's facial expression to Pokémon X and Y. Hahaha.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • I really liked how this commercial focused on slightly older kids. They were still kids, but not as young as we're lead to believe the target audience is.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Oh, I actually kind of enjoyed that. It certainly wasn't bad. In fact . . . it was better than many commercials around today. It wasn't too stupid, corny or childish; it showed off older kids immersing themselves in the pokemon world, and it actually looked kind of neat. (Well, the girl sitting on the Gogoat looked slightly odd, but that's to be expected when a live-action person is in contact with a CGI character.)

Better than other commercials, certainly. The best? No, but still cool.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Assuming this is footage from the final game the frame rate didn't improve AT ALL.

How disappointing. :/

ImBlue

dabbadeedabadai
    Years
  • Even though the CGI wasn't very good, I still loved the commercial. From the combination of Pokemon/live action to the dramatic voice actor, the whole thing was very nostalgic. I wonder if there will be any more?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Assuming this is footage from the final game the frame rate didn't improve AT ALL.

How disappointing. :/
    I'm not even sure if that's the final game footage...usually commercials use the same kind as we get from the trailers in the official site which may or may not be the final game...sure hope it's not...

The CGI felt so strange...I would've preferred it if they had made cartoon versions of the humans...sort of like them leaping into the game and showing off the customization feature while their at it...

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • oh I saw that commercial. I dunno it wasnt that good but it wasnt that bad.
    but hell anything is better than them dumb mcdonald commercials lol. I wonder if we are getting more x and y commercials

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I saw it on the official Nintendo channel a few hours ago.

Do you guys remember this Ruby Sapphire commercial? I hadn't thought about this commercial in years, yet the moment I saw this commercial combining real life with pokemon, I was reminded of this. However, the X/Y commercial didn't meet the expectations I had of it being like the Ruby Sapphire commercial.

In the Ruby/Sapphire commercial, the 2D pokemon animations showed a lot of personality when interacting alongside their look-alike trainers. By showing how there was a pokemon that fit every trainer, it did a good job of not only advertising how large of a selection the new 100 pokemon were offering, but that pokemon games were accessible to everyone: young old, boy girl, whatever your style.

In comparison, I felt the pokemon in the X/Y commercial felt very stiff and lifeless, that they didn't mesh as well with the people and scenery as well as the other commercial did. The Yveltal scenes at the end really bugged me. Not only did they show off the same pokemon twice, but at the end, we see Yveltal randomly shooting a death-beam, not at Xerneas, but randomly into the floor while Xerneas randomly reared itself. It looked like they were just randomly posing, not interacting.

(I never watched a commercial for 4th of 5th generations that combined real-life footage with pokemon. If anyone knows any, please point them my way.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I guess it works good enough as a commercial, but I do think the CGI in the trailer would've been better if it was just a cartoon, as it looks kind of average.

I do hope they aren't using final game footage (which they probably aren't) and the gameplay shown sometimes has a dipping frame rate. Considering this game doesn't have amazing graphics even for a 3ds title, this is a cause for real concern for me.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I guess it works good enough as a commercial, but I do think the CGI in the trailer would've been better if it was just a cartoon, as it looks kind of average.

I do hope they aren't using final game footage (which they probably aren't) and the gameplay shown sometimes has a dipping frame rate. Considering this game doesn't have amazing graphics even for a 3ds title, this is a cause for real concern for me.
    I agree a cartoon would've been better...like that RS commercial Shrew linked to (which I never saw until now...).

Same here...it seems as if it's lower than the other generations 30 fps (Well Gen III had the superior 60 fps) at times...which I hope won't be the case...

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    Commercial Part 2

Who Saw the 2nd Commercial for X and Y? It has the same girl on the Goagot but new people takes place in-front of the tajmahal.

I liked this one better it didn't have much CGI more of In-game gameplay and also it had your trainer in different cloths to show off the outfits. (Seen on MTV2 on wild n out)

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    for those that didnt catch it this was in the 2nd trailer above
    Spoiler:

Dedenne

The Antenna Pokémon
    Years
  • I think the cheesiness of this commercial cheesed its way into my brain now im a cheese face omg help.
    In all seriousness its a really bad commercial LOL xD

Back