• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X and Y gts is full of scams :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2016
    It all started when i traded my xerneas for a 5iv scizor. when i got the scizor i checked and it did have 5iv, so that made me trust the gts a bit more. Then i went to get a gengar on the gts. the person said it have 5 iv and timid nature i traded my yveltal for it and it turns out it had no 5iv and naughty nature. That was the first time i was scammed and I was thinking that it wont happen again. so i traded my Zygarde for another gengar which this time is moddest and 5 ivs. It turns out that it was naughty again and then i just felt like destroying the 3ds... i lost yveltal and zygarde. I can't believe that people would do this to others :(. I know i was stupid to trust the gts, but when i got 5iv adamant scizor i was so convinced.

Friend code is 0387-9194-1267
    Safari Flying- tropius, farfetch'd,hoothoot

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2016
    Orrrrr you could just get pokemon and do the breeding yourself -.-
    I know, i was a bit lazy but, please read the first and second sentence of my story and see why i would trade a rare pokemon for a gengar. don't make me feel any worse then i already am.

Years
    I wasn't trying to sorry.
    You do know that it is (apparently) really easy to breed 5 perfect IV pokemon right?
    and I don't think it would be worth it unless they were shiny pokemon that you recived.

Redingard

The Rider Breeds Pokemon
    Years
    Orrrrr you could just get pokemon and do the breeding yourself -.-

Breeding is hardly easy, despite the new additions to X and Y. Even so, your rather rude point hardly detracts from OP's intention-GTS sucks. It was a fairly reasonable trade and he had reason to believe it. What's the point in saying something that is simply destructive? Maybe offer some kind of tip or help instead of blaming him. :I

Honestly, don't use the GTS if you're trying to get a good Pokemon. I only use it to get a Female Pokemon that I don't already have. The messages people put in are almost always lies. If you really want to get a 5IV Pokemon, you're better looking up a guide on breeding and doing just that. Or, maybe, you could try and find someone willing to do it for you in exchange for a Pokemon they don't have or something. Offers will come up, but again, breeding is the surest way. Sorry for you losing your Legendaries. When Pokebank comes up, just think of all the Yveltals you can get simply for trading a Feebas, though!

Your bet bet for "easy" IV breeding is to do it with Pokemon from the Friend Safari. Just grab a pokemon from it that's in that egg group and it's relatively simple, as pokemon from the Safari have at least 2 perfect IVs. The rest can be found in a guide. Catch a lot of them and switch the parents around a bit, and you'll have your perfect pokemon eventually.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2016
    I wasn't trying to sorry.
    You do know that it is (apparently) really easy to breed 5 perfect IV pokemon right?
    and I don't think it would be worth it unless they were shiny pokemon that you recived.
    If you could pm me on an easy way to do that i would be very grateful. I mean im new to this IV thing and i can't do it.

Breeding is hardly easy, despite the new additions to X and Y. Even so, your rather rude point hardly detracts from OP's intention-GTS sucks. It was a fairly reasonable trade and he had reason to believe it. What's the point in saying something that is simply destructive? Maybe offer some kind of tip or help instead of blaming him. :I

Honestly, don't use the GTS if you're trying to get a good Pokemon. I only use it to get a Female Pokemon that I don't already have. The messages people put in are almost always lies. If you really want to get a 5IV Pokemon, you're better looking up a guide on breeding and doing just that. Or, maybe, you could try and find someone willing to do it for you in exchange for a Pokemon they don't have or something. Offers will come up, but again, breeding is the surest way. Sorry for you losing your Legendaries. When Pokebank comes up, just think of all the Yveltals you can get simply for trading a Feebas, though!
    Thank you so much for understanding. I was all happy i got a shiny gyrados today and the gts put me down a bit, but your comment made me a bit happy.

Last edited:
    Years
    There I sent you a P.m on the matter.
    You can also breed shiny pokemon to, you just need a Ditto from another country and a pokemon from your country and make lots of eggs lol.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
    Chain fish shines and get the legends back. The only people go crazier for than legendary pokemon is shiny pokemon. I had the same situation with Dittos but I can easily get the legendary pokemon back with that method lol. I wish Gamefreak would allow summary checking on GTS, perhaps then we could make predeictions on IVs and at least get the correct nature.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2016
    Chain fish shines and get the legends back. The only people go crazier for than legendary pokemon is shiny pokemon. I had the same situation with Dittos but I can easily get the legendary pokemon back with that method lol. I wish Gamefreak would allow summary checking on GTS, perhaps then we could make predeictions on IVs and at least get the correct nature.
    I'm sorry that happened to u too. And yeah I chained a shiny magikarp today but I didn't want to trade because it has perfect iv in attack and some other stats i don't remember. And yeah something that could make you check stats and stuff and come to think of it Gamefreak should've done that a long time ago

Years
    It's unfortunate that some people do this, and I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but if you lose your legendary because you believed what the people said on the comments without any sort of evidence, then you deserve to lose it. I'm sorry.

That being said, sometimes people offload their masuda method leftovers to get legendaries this way, but most of the time it's BS.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2016
    It's unfortunate that some people do this, and I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but if you lose your legendary because you believed what the people said on the comments without any sort of evidence, then you deserve to lose it. I'm sorry.

That being said, sometimes people offload their masuda method leftovers to get legendaries this way, but most of the time it's BS.
    You should at least know that I had a reason to believe if you re read sentence 1 and 2. (Not trying to be rude either :)

Years
    You should at least know that I had a reason to believe if you re read sentence 1 and 2. (Not trying to be rude either :)

You should be always cautious when trading in GTS for supposedly "perfect" Pokemon; just because the first person was honest doesn't mean that the next person will be. I suppose you learned your lesson the hard way.

Last edited:

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Sorry to hear about this, man. I know it's tough, and I hate it that the default stance we have to have is "don't trust anyone unless you have a reason to". Honesty is so hard to find :(

Luckily the legendaries are not lost to you forever. Like mentioned above, people are willing to trade the legendaries for shinies, so with some patience and a tiny bit of luck, you can work towards getting back what you lost. Breeding 5 IV Pokemon also still isn't easy but they made it a whole lot simpler to try for, it just takes patience and time.

Wish you all the best buddy, if you want I can give you a 4 IV Honedge I got while shiny hunting. I couldn't make 5 because the foreign Pokemon I was using only had 2 perfect IVs, was really hard to find a good Pokemon to breed with it. I'm sure you can finish the effort to get that last IV (maybe even another!) if you wanted :)

Let me know and it's yours.

Years
    Sorry to hear that :( People can be really mean. I don't like the GTS too. I wish Gamefreak could do something so we could see a Summary of the Pokemon somehow.

I don't think you won't be able to get the legendaries back. If you find some shiny Pokemon, people might trade their legendary ones for them :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2016
    Sorry to hear about this, man. I know it's tough, and I hate it that the default stance we have to have is "don't trust anyone unless you have a reason to". Honesty is so hard to find :(

Luckily the legendaries are not lost to you forever. Like mentioned above, people are willing to trade the legendaries for shinies, so with some patience and a tiny bit of luck, you can work towards getting back what you lost. Breeding 5 IV Pokemon also still isn't easy but they made it a whole lot simpler to try for, it just takes patience and time.

Wish you all the best buddy, if you want I can give you a 4 IV Honedge I got while shiny hunting. I couldn't make 5 because the foreign Pokemon I was using only had 2 perfect IVs, was really hard to find a good Pokemon to breed with it. I'm sure you can finish the effort to get that last IV (maybe even another!) if you wanted :)

Let me know and it's yours.
    your comment really means a lot to me. I felt better after reading this. Please pm your fc and ill add you. In return ill trade you something high leveled

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I left you a visitor message buddy. Don't worry man, everything will work out in the end :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    *sigh* this happens to countless people. you need to either breed the pokemon or find the trades on the forum. and the "don't know how to iv breed" nonsense is easily thwarted by using Google. if you want to look at IVs, you cannot be lazy. you really don't even need perfect Ivs in all stats, just in the two or three stats that your pokemon is prioritizing in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back