• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X and Y released Early!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
Years
  • https://www.gamnesia.com/news/canada-and-italy-selling-pokemon-x-and-y-early

Apparently stores in Canada and Italy have been selling the game early, there have been numerous stores who have been selling it. A small list of stores can be fount in the comment section of the post.

What is your opinion on this tragic misuse of such a big release date?

Are you angry? Happy? upset?

Leave your thoughts here.

Personally I say gratz to people who live near one of these stores, there will probably be a lot of spoilers dropped onto PC in the next few days so I wonder how moderators will deal with it? Will they allow it or will they delete it?

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
    Years
  • Happiness has overwhelmed me.

Why?

Since I do not have a 3DS, I am not planning on buying X & Y. All I can now do is watch and laugh as the haters riot in Canada and Italy, and I chew a mint.

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    It bothers me...I mean, release dates are there for a reason. This is the first time that we've had a worldwide release date, as well, and Nintendo have done a really good job at keeping things under wraps. I mean, we've had a handful of new Pokemon revealed and a few gameplay tidbits, and they announced the games right at the start of the year. In this day and age, that's some impressive secret-keeping, and I think it's part of the reason I'm so excited for the games. Having some people get them early and plaster spoilers across the internet with the release date still over a week away...well, it's annoying.

I know, if I don't want to see spoilers, then all I need to do is avoid the obvious places where I'd find them - Tumblr, threads here with spoilers marked, etc - but the point is I shouldn't have to dance around just because some retailers can't keep a street date. I'm more annoyed with them than I am the people posting spoilers, because I think half the time leaked information from those lucky enough to get the game is done out of a desire to give people some long-awaited answers, rather than wreck it for them...after all, if you don't want to see it, you don't look. The point is, they shouldn't even have the games yet.

I will admit a little of my frustration is born from jealousy, though...that's probably obvious. I mean, over a week before release? Must be awesome. I'm going to keep an eye on a local small store to see if they break the street date, and if they do I'll jump on a copy. But really, this kind of thing shouldn't be happening.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • there will probably be a lot of spoilers dropped onto PC in the next few days so I wonder how moderators will deal with it? Will they allow it or will they delete it?
    We've been discussing the outbreak of leaks since the late afternoon yesterday in this thread here (Beware of many spoilers!)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back