• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X&Y Limited Edition - Red or Blue?

DexJr Karnage

Shiver TheKid
    Years
    Pokemon Y 3DS XL!

Not sure if any of you all got it but I did (: picked it up right when the store opened at GameStop! It's very stunning!!! I love it <3. Did any of you all get yours today?

Typhon

'sup
    Years
    I saw the X one on a video recently. I must say that it's glossy finish is a good touch. My previous DSi XL had the same gloss effect, and I loved it. But you get fingerprint marks on it. :(

I might just get one. Even though I already have a red 3DS, why not get this one? It looks awesome and it always will be! Good work Nintendo!

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Not sure if any of you all got it but I did (: picked it up right when the store opened at GameStop! It's very stunning!!! I love it <3. Did any of you all get yours today?

Red is looking awesome :D makes me kinda have 2nd thoughts! I got my blue one yesterday from BestBuy, you can see my photos a couple post above yours :) both are simply gorgeous. Much better looking than the standard DS units with it's high gloss and better smoother feel.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    They have them at Gamestop for $200 i thought they were going to be at least 400, maybe ill pick one up this weekend.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Seeing these pictures make me one to get one...but I already have a 3DS...even though it's joystick is acting up and the paint is peeling off it still work...if only I had the money I proably would buy an X 3DS XL...

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    Seeing these pictures make me one to get one...but I already have a 3DS...even though it's joystick is acting up and the paint is peeling off it still work...if only I had the money I proably would buy an X 3DS XL...

The paint is peeling off? Yikes, koff~

May I ask what you're doing to it? Any special cleaning habits or storage issues? Do you leave it near water (on the counter when you take a shower) or some other form of degradation? Or is it just old? What type is it? Standard 3DS or 3DSXL? I don't mean to be rude, I'm just wondering, koffi~

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Which one do you imagine to be rarer? The X & Y 3DS XLs or the Limited Edition Pikachu ones?

Rarer ones = the Japanese Pokemon Center exclusive (non-worldwide release) 3DS LL units, either the Charizard or Eevee, or even the Gold version X&Y. Each of the Japanese exclusives had either strict limited #s given away by raffle only, or only limited posted official quantity made available.

As for value, New In box will always remain valuable, but so far it looks like the Charizard limited edition is the rarest and most desired, current and past sold ebay listings are the most for that version, $400-600, other limited editions such as the pikachu, eevee, etc all are about $400-500 for sealed in box, while 200-400 open out of box depending on condition and luck.

So all I can say about the limited edition pokemon XLs is, as long as 3ds xl is the current platform by Nintendo (isnt replaced by a newer/better handheld console), opened units will always retain some value over their regular counterparts, anywhere up to $50-100, but new sealed in box is when you can hit 100-300+ in extra value. However much like the Older DS and DSi units, etc, when the 3DSXL units came out and were the successor, those limited edition units took a $100+ drop as their "mass" desirability took a nose dive, only desired by "collectors".

Better than a Bank Savings account, if you want to save money, have money to keep in assets, want to up to double your investment, buy out these limited edition units, keep them stored away safely to retain mint sealed condition, and in as soon as 4-6 months time, you can cash out and sell for up to double. Too bad I don't have hundreds laying around to sit on in invested assets or else I would do this :)

Also to be honest, I'm not quite sure how rare these X&Y limited edition units are, not sure if Nintendo stated anywhere how many will be made, but this time around, it seems like every major retailer has it, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Gamestop, Toys R Us, and not to mention countless smaller shops in N. Americ, so I'd imagine there had to be upwards to thousand+ units made for the pre-release alone, and even now that it's released.. Stores which were "Out of Stock" during pre-order, such as Gamestop, Best Buy, Fry's Electronics, are now Back in Stock and available for normal purchase.

Even Gamestop has dropped the word "Limited" from their product page's title and description. So would appear that maybe they know these aren't "Limited Edition" with no official word to say when Nintendo may stop making the units or limited to certain number.. Even their product page for the Pikachu 3DS XL still says Limited Edition (albeit soldout). https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-pokemon+3ds+xl,28zu0

So they may just be Limited Edition solely based on the fact they are a special 3DS XL unit, but in no way are they rare, as there's no official limit to how many were made and with being available around the world including Europe, rather than a Japan and/or N. American exclusive, probably pushes their numbers up to the hundred thousand range.

Last edited:
    Years
    I imagine the XY 3ds's will be somewhat like the Dialga/Palkia and Black and White (Zekrom and Reshiram) consoles. They won't be as rare I think.

I kind of want the Giratina DS Lite and especially the Charizard 3ds XL but I digress.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Just picked up my blue Pokemon X&Y Limited Edition 3DS XL system. I have to say, it looks really sharp! And it's the first limited edition system I've ever purchased. Of course I purchased some screen protectors with it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I could go cheap way and get a decal on it because I bought the 3ds xl before they were announced to be released in NA. A decal can be like 10$.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I normally don't care about XL models at all, to the point where I don't even bother with them in my collection, and I never buy special editions of consoles, but these are so beautiful that I'm actually going to dig into my savings and purchase one tomorrow. I hope to get the red one, but I'll gladly take blue. As long as I get one of them, I'll be happy. They just look SO nice. Must have!

Years
    3DS XL X and Y edition case

I am wondering how many of you that have it , will be getting or have a case for it. I know covering the design is useless since that's the point, but I also dont want it to scratch I want to keep it mint.

Anyone using a case besides the clear plastic one? (The clear plastic case scratched my blue regular XL)

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
    I actually bought the blue 3DS XL pokemon version two days ago since I work for gamestop :) I got it since I traded in my old 3ds (regular) a couple of months ago. And picked up my version of "y" and the pokemon x and y case and chespin stuffed animal. Will have pics tomorrow after work :)

Last edited:
    Years
    Yeah I work at GameStop myself,and I will be buying it today there's 2 left and its not my store haha. I m going to use my brothers Mario case as he bought the x and y case. But I want to know if there's any skin kind of like the Nerf but smaller and maybe clear . I bought a clear plastic one from eBay but it scratched my last xl :(.

Jett311

Gaming since 1994
    Years
    As an employee, do you guys get discounts on any purchases? Also, I just bought my red 3DS XL a few months ago, so I didn't bother with the special edition ones.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I take good care of my things so they're hardly scratched. I bought the Blue one :)

Back