• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X&Y Limited Edition - Red or Blue?

Years
    I don't mind them, but they aren't very impressive at all - I personally won't be trading in my 3DS XL for the them. I have the Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS XL and I think it looks infinitely better than the X & Y ones. So I'll be sticking with my Pikachu one. :)

Pokemon X&Y Limited Edition - Red or Blue?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm a big fan of the Pokémon X 3DS, because it looks very beautiful to me. Especially with the Xerneas and Yveltal outline. I don't think I'd be buying it, though, because unfortunately, I already have a 3DS. D: I bought it last year in June, and it still seems to work perfectly fine.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    I think they're both ugly, and Nintendo why are the bundle packs only for the XL? I don't have a 3DS but I'll be getting the original-sized one as I think the XL is too big. But it never seems to get the bundles. (-_-) I mean does everyone prefer the XL and so Nintendo only releases the bundles for it? Ugh, it's so frustrating. *End rant*

I prefer the normal colors anyways

XL is better in everything but size.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It's soooo tempting to get one of them, especially with the release date being just a couple of weeks before the games release date. I've looked it up and albeit they're £179.99, even trading in my current 3DS which is in a good condition would only fetch me approximately £60. If you knock that off the price of the 3DS XL it would still cost more than £100, so I wouldn't bother considering my 3DS is perfectly fine as it is.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
    I preordered Y but I don't see the point of trading in my red 3DS XL which is working perfectly. I'm not really a fan of limited edition collectibles.

That being said, I might be willing to decorate my 3DS XL with stickers and other stuff.

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    Probably an unpopular opinion that I'm going to spit out, but I don't like the look of both of those consoles. They both look a bit cheap, though pictures may not do it justice. Inside of both consoles will probably still be black.

I'd rather have had the Charizard 3ds XL come over or even the gold one.

I completely agree. I LOVED the gold special edition one and would have considered ordering it even though I have a perfectly good 3DS already. But I won't be getting either of these consoles.

I like limited edition consoles when they're done right, though. I snagged a refurbished Zelda 3DS for cheap recently and I love it. Simple, elegant design.

Pokemon X&Y Limited Edition - Red or Blue?

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
    I haven't pre-ordered them yet, I'll just buy both versions later. I'm planning to buy the blue 3DS XL though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I've ordered the blue XL system. I already own a red 3DS, but will need a trade console anyways (since I'll be buying both games, and will trade with myself - I'm unsocial that way! ;)).
    My main game will be X, because I like the legendary much better!

Light Yagami

Compulsive Battler#1
    Years
    I haven't pre-ordered them yet, I'll just buy both versions later. I'm planning to buy the blue 3DS XL though.

Speaking from a widely known game distribution co. I'd definitely would pre order the one you want. it's only a 50$ deposit to make sure you get the one you want. You should have seen how fast the Pikachu 3ds XL's flew. They were sold out in 2 days at my store.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    I preordered mine, the blue one from BestBuy on Sept 17. and today got a email saying the Order is ready for in-store pickup Tomorrow on the 26th! 1 day earlier than official release date! I'm excited!

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Yes, just called my local Best Buy store pickup location, verified that they received the consoles today, however are not allowed to release them until Tomorrow Sept. 26th. 1 day before everywhere else you can pre-order from apparently.

If you still haven't ordered your Pokemon 3DS XL X&Y Limited Edition, I highly recommend Best Buy, because they have the cheapest price around since they offer Free Shipping or Local Pick-Up.

Gamestop, Toys R Us, WalMart, Target, Fry's etc. all were either slightly more or wanted to charge for shipping and/or offered no In-Store Pick-Up.

This was my order for the Limited Edition Blue (SPRSBMAB)
    Product Total: $199.99
    Shipping: $0.00
    CA Sales Tax: $18.00
    Order Total:
    $217.99

I am sure if you place your pre-order today and set for Local Pickup you too will get to pick it up tomorrow, 1 day before release. But Act Quick! look's like BestBuy is sold out of the Red version for online ordering, however a few stores shows it's still in stock for local purchase, while the Blue version is still available for online order and sold out in a few local stores.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    Yeah, I don't think so, koff~

I wasn't going to get a 3DS until they announced a game that I'd actually want tot get. And with New Super Smash Bros coming out I just had to pick one up. I'll be getting a Blue 2DS. Mainly because the 'clamshell' that everyone is so hooked on was getting a tad stale for me. I almost broke my DSi the other day because of the design (long story short, it didn't break) and I don't think either the 3DS or the 3DS appeal enough for me to spend that whopping $199.99 plus tax! The 2DS is within my budget, seems less 'clunky' somehow and doesn't have the clicky buttons. I read a review on the system [2DS] about how the other ds systems have notoriously clicky buttons. I thought it was a lie and now I can't un-hear the clicks! I don't think I'd be able to enjoy the 3D factor anyways. And before you go off on portability and function, I have owned the PSP and the PS Vita, both of which do not fold and fit comfortably in my pockets with their cases on. Besides, if I was to drop my system in the muck, I'd be just devastated, koffi~

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Nintendo 3DS XL Limited Edition X/Y Blue Unboxing (Photos)

Just picked up my Pokemon Nintendo 3DS XL Blue Limited Edition X/Y console from Best Buy a day before release.

This is my very first Nintendo DS, I've never been into portable gaming before in the past, nor really played much of the Pokemon games, however this year I watched some playthroughs by Munching Orange and others over on Youtube of Pokemon Ash Gray, Sacred Gold, Creepy Black and such and those videos made me decide to download the roms and mods for those games and since then I been hooked! So when I saw there was a 3D pokemon game coming out and a console to go with it, I knew I had to get them both! so a couple weeks ago, I finally placed my pre-order for both the X Console and X game. I originally wanted to go with the Red Console, however I opted for blue because Xerneas is a better looking Pokemon than Yveltal in my own opinion, So I decided to go the X/Blue route all the way!

I can't wait until the X&Y games release! For now I'll be visiting my nearby GameStop and see if I can pick up some games to hold me over until then!

Anyways, as the title of this post suggests, I took the liberty to take some photos of the console :)!

All I can say is wow, it's a gorgeous unit, photos do not do it justice!

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Oh wow, Sorrow, your photos almost make me want to change my mind and get the Blue Edition asap. It really is a gorgeous system. If anyone else would like to share their pictures of their Special Edition X and Y 3DS XL, please feel free to share them here!

Back