• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
    I got Flareon from the Eevee. It's an overall good game, I finally transferred the Electabuzz over to SS a few days ago. I think I need to restart though because I cannot seem to find my memory card :/ Sad too because I had both games data on there (XD and Coliseum, and I had awesome poke's on both! :( )

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    XD is awesome. I go with Jolteon every time I play through. I have a save file with all the Shadow Pokemon purified, but I haven't beaten Orre Colosseum or Mt. Battle yet...

I've got the urge to play through it again just to hear Miror B.'s awesome battle theme :)

yummoon

Looking For A Legit RedJirachi
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    i loved XD i liked everthing about it but after 2 years i still havent purrified my lugia lol

FireFox

Dialga Fangirl
    Years
    • Age 37
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 24, 2018
    If I have a Wii, how does this game compare with Battle Revolution?

Pokemon XD has a story mode. Battle Rev only has battles similar to the original Stadium games on the Nintendo 64. No story at all.

Personaly I'd choose XD over Battle Rev (that wasn't ment to sound biased)!

Slasher790

Mudkip Lover :3
    Years
    I LITTERALY LUVED XD because the fact you start with eevee is awesome and plus i evolved mine into Flareon LV 65 I totaly PWNED XD with Urisang and Stuff

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
    Years
    I played this game and was surprised at how much better it was than colosseum. But thats jut my personal opinion. I managed to purify every pokemon in it but never got the chance to beat Mt. Battle or the mega trainers at orre colosseum, which I'm kind of disappointed with. Luckily, I got my full dose of fun out of the game and recommend it to anyone who still has the ability to trade the pokemon from XD to ruby, sapphire or emerald, that ways, you can get them into the pal park for further training in platinum or HG/SS

Years
    i got a ursaring to although it is now on my pokemon heartgold i was waiting to use him again for like a year and now he keeps pummeling red(i never have to switch when i battle red thats how strong my ursaring is)

i love ursaring

its the best game ever

PokeWe

Yo.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    XD was pure win. Too bad I gave up Mt. Battle at like the 70's. I wanted the starter at the end. D:

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    Anyone here own/played Pokemon XD? How did you think of the game? Who did you end up evolving your Eevee? Did you beat the game? Did you beat Mt. Battle? If so what starter did you pick?

1. I own it
    2. It was amazing, the purification idea was gold.
    3. Espeon
    4. All Pokemon pure
    5.I don't really remember.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    Thinking about getting this, but I have a few questions first.

1. Since this came out in Gen III, can you catch all 386 pokemon? If not, at least all but the legendaries? I don't want to buy this game with a sweet team in mind and find out there are only like 100 pokemon available.

...I guess that's my only question.

My cousin bought Battle Revolution and only played through the Waterfall Colosseum because it was incredibly boring, and then returned it. Today he bought Pokemon Colosseum and he says it's also boring.
    I've played Colosseum a long time ago but I didn't find it too bad.
    Battle Revolution was though.
    Why did they not keep the battle mode the same as Stadium, where you could choose from all the pokemon who you wanted on your team? Those passes ruined the whole game.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    1. Since this came out in Gen III, can you catch all 386 pokemon? If not, at least all but the legendaries? I don't want to buy this game with a sweet team in mind and find out there are only like 100 pokemon available.

You can catch the legendary birds and Lugia, but those are the only legendaries available. You can trade the others from RSE after you've completed the game though.

My cousin bought Battle Revolution and only played through the Waterfall Colosseum because it was incredibly boring, and then returned it. Today he bought Pokemon Colosseum and he says it's also boring.
    I've played Colosseum a long time ago but I didn't find it too bad.
    Battle Revolution was though.
    Why did they not keep the battle mode the same as Stadium, where you could choose from all the pokemon who you wanted on your team? Those passes ruined the whole game.

I personally don't compare Colosseum with the Stadium games. They had no storyline whereas Colosseum and XD do. And yes, PBR is horrible. Colosseum is my favorite spin off though, so there might be a little bias here, haha. But, back to XD, it's still a really good game. Not as dark of a storyline as Colosseum, especially with the lack of The Under and I hate that you play as a 10 year old again, but eh. What're ya gonna do, ya know?

Anyone here own/played Pokemon XD? How did you think of the game? Who did you end up evolving your Eevee? Did you beat the game? Did you beat Mt. Battle? If so what starter did you pick?

1. I own it
    2. It was amazing, the purification idea was gold.
    3. Espeon
    4. All Pokemon pure
    5.I don't really remember.

1. I proudly own it. :)
    2. I thought it was a good sequel, however I like Colosseum more.
    3. First time through, Flareon. I usually go with Umbreon though.
    4. Plenty of times. :D
    5. Yes.
    6. I didn't get one because you have to make a straight run and I saved and turned off the game a lot. :( Booo. I might try again this week now that I think about it though. :)!

XDLugia

Secrets R found in plain sight
    Years

1. Yes, I own it. :P
    2. I thought it was alright.
    3. Espeon and I used Umbreon once
    4. Yes, several times
    5. Yup, and I picked totodile and chikorita since I beat it twice. Couldn't stand it after the second time.

institutions

Years
    You can catch the legendary birds and Lugia, but those are the only legendaries available. You can trade the others from RSE after you've completed the game though.

Well, Articuno is my favorite legendary so that's good.

Maybe I should have worded my question differently...
    How many pokemon (total) are you able to catch?

Like, do they have all the pokemon from the first 3 generations, or just a handful from each?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    There are a handful from each, however there are more Kanto than Hoenn or Johto. Since most of the Snaggable Pokemon in Colosseum were Johto (mainly because the GBC can't trade with the GBA so no one was able to get a lot of Johto favorites) there are fewer of those than the other two regions. But in total, there are 83 to Snag in XD.

institutions

Years
    There are a handful from each, however there are more Kanto than Hoenn or Johto. Since most of the Snaggable Pokemon in Colosseum were Johto (mainly because the GBC can't trade with the GBA so no one was able to get a lot of Johto favorites) there are fewer of those than the other two regions. But in total, there are 83 to Snag in XD.

83 total out of 386?
    That number doesn't sound like great odds for the pokemon I want.

Is there some sort of list of the 83 available ones somewhere?

Back