• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Pokemon Yellow "Starters"

Years
  • I used Nidoran and beat him with Double Kick, like others have said. Pikachu sure was useless for Brock.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I've beaten Yellow like ~30 times, and every time I do something different.

But I must say, there's a reason Nidoking is one of my favorite two Pokemon in that game...

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    i missed e yellow version

iam looking for e yellow version cartridge

any1 kw where i can get it ? or any1 selling 1 ?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2011
    Train pickachu that high that it would be able to defeat him.. OR take the easier route and catch a nidoran or mankey.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I was very young when I got Yellow (and it was my first Pokémon game), so I couldn't really decide on what to do when I couldn't beat Brock, it didn't really occur to me that a Nidoran could be strong as well, or a Caterpie, so I just level'd my Pikachu as high as I could in that area (probably wasn't any higher than lvl 15 lol) and until he learned Slam, and used that to defeat him eventually. But it was always after a lot of tries, since I partly depended on luck, like getting critical hits or having them miss attacks.

YesMyGengar

loli'mnew.
    Years
  • I was 6.
    I didn't even understand english back then.
    My Trainer's name was AAAAAAAA.
    I caught a Pidgey and turned him into a Pidgeotto, and next thing I know, I find the game 10 years later and I have a level 43 Pidgeot, Level 15 Pikachu and zubats, and caterpies... BEFORE beating the 4th Gym.

TheFred

Ace Trainer.
    Years
  • okay, so we all know that you can't beat Brock with Pikachu, you have to catch others and raise them up to beat him. I'm just curious as to which one(s) you guys used to beat brock. I caught a Nidoran, raised him up, evolved him, and now i use my Nidoking more than Pikachu. anybody do anything similar to that? 8)

Actually yes, you can beat Brock with a single Pikachu. It takes 2-3 hours to train your Pikachu lvl 20 and here his moveset to beat it :
    -Slam
    -Double Team
    -T-wave
    -T-Shock/Quick Attack or even Tail Whip if you want to drop his defense.

Keep D-Team on Brock's Geodude 'til you maxed it and use Slam on Geodude and Onix. It won't take that long and you'll easily beat them.

Years
  • I've gone many routes, but I normally caught a Nidoran. I went the Mankey route once. I hate Pikachu... He was so useless in that game. I think I only used him against Misty.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2011
    I always caught a caterpie, then raised it to level 10 to get a butterfree, then my butterfree automatically learns "confusion", and thats what I used to defeat brock

I will say though, i read a couple of comments and i cant help but to think why people didnt use pikachu, he sucks at first but once I properly train up til the pokemon leauge, i have found him to be one of my best pokemon.

Back