• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon You Belived Were Legendary

Burgers Rule

Garchomp want PIE NOW!
    Years
    Many Pokemon, when they first came out, were mistaken as a legendary Pokemon. Topping the list are Lucario, because of the decepting 7th movie, and Absol, because of it's powerful stature and ability to predict disasters. Is this all a load of bologna, or am I not the only one who used to think Lucario was a rare legendary and Rotom too?

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I thought Lucario was legendary, too.

I think, a long, long time ago, I thought Snorlax was at one point. XD

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
    Arcanine...because it seemed like a Legendary and it's species name thing is "Legendary".

:p

Oh, and Lucario. Until I saw it's stats.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    The first time I saw Absol in Ruby, I though it was a legendary, simply because it looked like one :P I think it's one of the coolest pokemon from that generation.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2008
    May as well be the starters too, as you can only get them once.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Well, I did think Absol was some sort of special Pokemon, but I didn't think it was legendary.
    Lucario on the other hand, I thought it was going to be legendary due to all the hype about it before it was really known.

It's still an awesome Pokemon, Legendary or not, though.

Lucario is really the only Pokemon I can think of where I thought it was Legendary.

code zerro the deluge

I'm a boss.
    Years
    arcainine for he is labled "legendary". absol was cool looking. lucario for the movie. rotom cause its hard to catch. lapras cause in the game it was only one. until i saw it on TV

Burgers Rule

Garchomp want PIE NOW!
    Years
    Lucario Deception

The 7th movie really ticks me off. Lucario is not legendary in any way, and yet in the movie, they treat him as a god. The 7th movie is nothing more then a deception to all Pokemon collectors, but it is a decent movie.
    :)

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    My brother and I thought Golduck was a legendary. We used our Master Ball on it.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    When I was young I thought arcanine was a legendary for sure! Until later it was only legendary in it's appearince or beauty...

Years
    Blaziken.
    Back when there weren't many 3rd gen Pokemon revealed, it just looked so legendary like to me. I also think one Pokemon site was speculating that it might in fact be a legendary.

Back