• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you never understood the appeal of?

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Arceus, and Shaymin. That's all you ever see people want to trade for in the GTS. I also really don't get Treecko, it's to humanish. Grovyle's cool though, not sceptile.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • Pikachu. And this coming from a fan of Raichu. I just don't understand the appeal of Pikachu. I tried not evolving my Pikachu once. Yeah. It didn't work.

The Johto starters. All of them.

Piplup and his line of evolution. I tried playing Platinum with him. Don't like it. He's now Empoleon. Still don't like it.

Pretty much all the legendaries but especially Mew, the dogs, and the birds.

Gengar.

Lucario.

And... I think that's it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Entei is overrated IMO. Never owned or seen a wild Lucario but Ive seen what it looks like and it just doesnt appeal to me at all. It looks too human like, sort of like Fox McCloud. I hate any cat pokemon. Meowth, Persion, Glameow, all of them... I cant stand them or what makes them so great. I see Persion in a lot of peoples elite 4 teams and I dunno why. Ive always been koed a bunch with that pokemon. If Eevee is a cat than thats the only cat group i dont hate.

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
    Years
  • Most overrated pokemon that I never understood the appeal of:

Lucario: FIRST AND FOREMOST. I never liked it, but lots of people did and do (and will) but I don't get why. I remember when I asked someone and he said "dude, Lucario is the Sonic of Pokemon" and I was like "WHAT NO". I think that its design fails miserably. ;D

Latios/Latias: Worst legendaries ever if you ask me. People think they're cute, and I agree on that, but nothing more.

Eevee-eevolutions: What is this I don't even dare to ask. I always thought the whole fact to be weird, despite the fact that eevee's evolution line is the most interesting in the history of pokemon.

Other than that, rodents.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • If Eevee is a cat than thats the only cat group i dont hate.

I've always thought Eevee looked more like a fox or something along those lines. The fennec fox, to be exact.

xX-Nix-Xx

The 2nd Chance trainer!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2011

I honestly have to say Lucario. That thing's become so overrated, it's painful. I can't go on ANY Pokemon forum without seeing someone with Lucario in their name, avatar, or signature. Hell, that thing's more overrated than Pikachu, imo. >.>

Noooo! I love Lucario! Anwayse I do think it would be Pikatchu (not that he is not adorable) but I don't see why everyone goes overboard.

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    I think a lot of the pokemon from gen 4 are just overloved for a reason I fail to see
    Pachirisu -- I don't recall everyone freaking out that much about Plusle and Minun? I can understand each region having it's own "pikachu", but what's so special about that one? =\

And this:

Oh and Arceus is another one. Since, I've never seen one of those either, and hackers just like to rub it in your face that they have an Arceus (or sometimes a box full of shiny Arceus ._.)

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
  • I think a lot of the pokemon from gen 4 are just overloved for a reason I fail to see
    Pachirisu -- I don't recall everyone freaking out that much about Plusle and Minun? I can understand each region having it's own "pikachu", but what's so special about that one? =\

And this:

yea thats true they filled that gen with a ton of cruddy filler Pokemon.
    all those

Years
  • Pokemon I think are overrated
    Spoiler:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Tyranitar. I really cannot see the appeal of it besides its okay batteling skills. I dislike its appearance in every game, and its anime appearance. Plus I hate the fact that its part gound but still has its "rock-type traits" to carry along with it.

I just never been fond of it, but Larvitar is just adorable :3

Back