• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Yuval (Beta-2 Released)

Ishrak's PokeTips

Ishrak's PokeTips
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Pokemon Yuval Version [GBA]
    Author: Ishrak's PokeTips

ROMBASE: FireRed 1.0 Squirrel
    LATEST VERSION: Beta 2

20200717_153603.jpg

About Story (SPOILER FREE)

Pokemon Yuval is highly inspired by the events and stories in Pokemon X and Y and the anime. But this is like a whole different universe than the Kalos one. I took great inspiration from GameFreak and how they works on their games. You will play the role as a New Trainer who is about to start his brand new adventure in the Macva Region. This region is different than other regions you know and love. No gym, no Elite Four. You will do something similar to the trials you probably know in the Sun and Moon games. You will have to do some puzzles or something interesting that makes you play the game using your brain. And the trials will be based on Mega Evolution. There will be some Pokemon that can mega evolve. If you finish your trial, they will challenge you to a battle. They will be hard to beat but if you manage to beat them, they will offer you their Mega Stones. It depends on how the story goes. It kinda replaces the gym thing. This game won't be hard. But it won't be easy either. You will need to grind your levels in-order to pass some of the events and you might have to come back to the pokemon center after most of the battles even though they are not that hard.

- Macva Region will have 5 Mega Evolution Gurus who will watch you with care and help you to be stronger. If you manage to do all their trials, they will challenge you which kinda works like Grand Trials on Alola. They will use strong Pokemon and also Mega Evolve their Pokemon in battle. They might use some special kind of Mega Evolved Pokemon too! As Macva has 5 areas, there will be 5 Mega Gurus too! They all are going to teach you something that you need to know later on. They will hold some mysteries that you will need to figure out by yourself.

- You will meet your friendly rival
    Serena. She's got intelligence and she loves to read various kind of books. She might teach and help you about learning about the lores and legends about the Macva Region and even other Regions! A very energetic personality and good in Pokemon Battles. You will also meet Yancy and Curtis who'll also play a role of a rival in the story.

- There won't be any specific Evil Team, but some secret agents will be a part of a Mission called "
    Operation Y" and they will be more threatening than the usual evil teams we know.

Pokemon Yuval Trailer:

Click here to watch

Pokemon_Yuval-0.png

Releases:
    Alpha/Demo Version
    Beta 1
    Beta 1.0.1
    Beta 2 (Latest)

Features:
    • Mega Evolution
    • A Brand new Region
    • Hidden Grottos
    • 251 Pokemon catchable in the Pokedex
    • Gen V soundtracks
    • Shiny Riolu starter
    • Gen-8 EXP-all
    • GenV repel system
    • Poison Survival
    • Sideway Stairs
    • Pokemon from Gen1-8
    • Gen4 and Gen5 mixtured Sprites
    • New Mega evolved Pokemon
    • Regional Forms (Alola, Galar, Paldea)
    • Trials
    • Sidequests
    • BW battle textbox
    • 3 Rivals
    • Mystery gifts
    • ......more to add......
    Changelog for Beta 2:
    • Reworked every script
    • Remapped every map
    • Improved storyline
    • Fixed Pokedex data
    • Added more areas

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Beta - 2 will include:
    - Ability to surf
    - Fly
    - 3 New towns and cities
    - 5 More Mega Evolvable Pokemon
    - Two new trials and a Guru battle
    - Supermarkets
    - All evolutionary items
    - Fishing Rods
    - Cynthia Battle (Yeah she won't hold back now)
    - Much more!!

Special Credits:
    Spoiler:

My Progress and Live Streams
    Spoiler:

Download Beta 2:
    Download Beta-2 (File contains all Informations about the encounters)
    Having problems downloading? Ask me in my discord server

Old versions:
    Download Demo
    Download Beta-1 (File contains all Informations about the encounters)
    Download Beta-1.0.1 (With major Bug fixes)

Patch the UPS file with FireRed Squirrels version. Watch any videos on YouTube if you are having troubles.

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Fletchling seems to have Hoppip's moveset. I caught one on the first route and it has splash and synthesis.

Ishrak's PokeTips

Ishrak's PokeTips
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Congrats on the first beta release. I might wait till you complete the game before playing.

Feel free to play now. There is a Shiny Hisuian Zorua gift that you can get if you play this version of Beta. And it won't be shiny in the final version.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2023
    that problem appears to many pokemons I found so far : espurr with spinarak moveset, yamper with sentret moveset and cry ,pikipek with spearow(?) moveset, rufflet with marill`s moveset and cry. The evo level also follow the original pokemon too like yamper evolve at 16, purroin with hoothoot learnset, electrike with natu moveset ... .Many of the pokemon that is not from gen 1 or 2 might suffer the same problem, not to mention for those with correct moveset and cry they either remain the dex description of the original poke or like riolu and zorua with "no" description at all.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2023
    unless you see it through summary female meowstic is using male`s sprite, bagon with dratini sprite, numel with hitmonlee sprite, and aron with koffing sprite. tsareena for some reason is lv 30 evo which is not similar to vileplume or bellossom. tsareena can be male when according to pokedex only female exist, tsareena with obvious as one of its possible ability when it should change to queenly majesty when evolved. Evolution for rockruff does not trigger at 25 even if you turn real time clock on

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2023
    Yes I have noticed it. I will release another update maybe a week or two later. It should fix the movesets and other few problems.

This rom hack does seem pretty promising off the trailers but that is quite the flaw because a Pokemon is nearly useless cause it has the wrong Moveset.. Since you say you are using Fire Red as your base rom, you should use the Complete Fire Red Upgrade. Join unbound discord and it should be there. You might need to soft reset the development but it should instantly add all gen 4 to 8 Pokemon, moves, mega / dynamax, and all that Quality of Life stuff that CFRU gives.. Granted I haven't played the game yet so you may already be using it, but if you aren't, it's heavily recommended. Also why does it say 251 Pokemon are available but you have all gen 1-8 mons? or does it just mean currently it terms of beta

edit: starting to play it and yeah there's quite the issues, some Pokemon have unedited movesets from the original Pokemon edited, some like Shinx' sprite are completely weird and doesn't even have an ability. But the graphics are quite amazing, definitely rivaling Unbound, the backsprite of the main player may need a rework tho . also it's creepy entering NPC house, it's completely silent with a long note playing.

Last edited:

Ishrak's PokeTips

Ishrak's PokeTips
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This rom hack does seem pretty promising off the trailers but that is quite the flaw because a Pokemon is nearly useless cause it has the wrong Moveset.. Since you say you are using Fire Red as your base rom, you should use the Complete Fire Red Upgrade. Join unbound discord and it should be there. You might need to soft reset the development but it should instantly add all gen 4 to 8 Pokemon, moves, mega / dynamax, and all that Quality of Life stuff that CFRU gives.. Granted I haven't played the game yet so you may already be using it, but if you aren't, it's heavily recommended. Also why does it say 251 Pokemon are available but you have all gen 1-8 mons? or does it just mean currently it terms of beta

edit: starting to play it and yeah there's quite the issues, some Pokemon have unedited movesets from the original Pokemon edited, some like Shinx' sprite are completely weird and doesn't even have an ability. But the graphics are quite amazing, definitely rivaling Unbound, the backsprite of the main player may need a rework tho . also it's creepy entering NPC house, it's completely silent with a long note playing.

I know about CFRU and as a basic ROM Hacker, I don't want it to be too confusing for me. The reason for my ROM Hacking is to relax and enjoy making something interesting and fine. And the movesets got left out while redoing every work before the release. They are fixed now and the fixed version will be available in someday.
    And why is NPC houses are creepy? The musics are all fine

Ishrak's PokeTips

Ishrak's PokeTips
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Pokemon Yuval Beta-2 is out!

Changelog for Beta 2:
    • Reworked every script
    • Remapped every map
    • Improved storyline
    • Fixed Pokedex data
    • Added more areas
    Check the link in the post to download

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Um, the Emmet at the Library is really, REALLY overpowered and overleveled. Rufflet's Fury Attack just never misses and Wing Attack just deals too much damage. Hisuian Zorua's Normal and Ghost typing makes it immune to both Counter and Quick Attack thus only vulnerable to Metal Claw while also packing Curse to completely waste turns against his last Pokemon, Joltik. Oh, speaking of Joltik, the only normally effective move you have against him is Quick Attack, and there is absolutely no way to boost power whatsoever. Its CompoundEyes Electroweb just deals too much chip damage on top of Curse. This is easily hands down the most difficult battle in this beta BY FAR

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey, I can't seem to progress past for the second floor of the library, Serina tells me to sit down and when I sit at the opposite side of the table, nothing happens. Is this a glitch or am I missing something?

Ishrak's PokeTips

Ishrak's PokeTips
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Um, the Emmet at the Library is really, REALLY overpowered and overleveled. Rufflet's Fury Attack just never misses and Wing Attack just deals too much damage. Hisuian Zorua's Normal and Ghost typing makes it immune to both Counter and Quick Attack thus only vulnerable to Metal Claw while also packing Curse to completely waste turns against his last Pokemon, Joltik. Oh, speaking of Joltik, the only normally effective move you have against him is Quick Attack, and there is absolutely no way to boost power whatsoever. Its CompoundEyes Electroweb just deals too much chip damage on top of Curse. This is easily hands down the most difficult battle in this beta BY FAR
    Emmet is a subway boss in Unova, but as the library part is early game, I think making him a bit overlevelled is to show that he actually is strong. but yeah he is clearly beatable. But yes there are some trainers who will give a lot of pain if you aren't prepared.

Back