• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Z -Speculations

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
  • It may be too early to even think about Pokemon Z but since we got us a legendary snake pokemon that will probably represent the follow up of X and Y I wanted to know some of your thoughts about the upcomming game (If there will be one.)

So, is there anything you want Gamfreak to add into the next possible game? Is there anything you want to be changed in the game? Is there anything you want them to remove? Etc. Come up with your own discussions and questions too.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I hope in the possible third game or sequel they make the world fully 3D, also they should make it less cartoony...oh and fix the slowness of the battles...as there's sometimes a drop...

Years
  • ... but it has the least logic of any team i have seen.

This. They were certainly destructive, but their lack of relevance took away from how menacing they could have been. His worldview, as you mentioned, isn't the most coherent. He talks a lot about his ideals, but it just seems so irrelevant looking at the Pokemon world and how everybody's so happy all the time and giving you free items and such.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • Idk now...Zygarde doesn't seem like he'd have a good enough story to have his own game. The pokemon of Balance and Order...not what I was expecting.
    Caught him though~

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Idk now...Zygarde doesn't seem like he'd have a good enough story to have his own game. The pokemon of Balance and Order...not what I was expecting.
    Caught him though~

In BW, Kyurem didn't seem to have much of a backstory.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2016
    The one thing I ask for is a battle frontier. Emerald and Platinum had one, so can Z please?

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Its pretty obvious Zygarde will be the mascot of Z and have some sort of forme changes. His current design isn't exactly attractive cover art/box material.

no more exp share so early in the game, make it only given much later or post e4

easy/normal/challenge mode

much more expansive postgame (other than just finding megastones and a safari)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Zygrade will definitely be the mascot of the third installment. Well, unless, of course, they decide to give us some sort of a twist and go along with some other Pokémon as the game's headliner. xD Just like manutdrule, I'm expecting Zygrade to have a different form. Maybe it could be a megaevolution? Either that, or instead megaevolution, perhaps they could give this Pokémon a real evolutionary form. This would make Zygrade the first legendary Pokémon to ever have an evolution, which, in my opinion, would be quite huge. I know that legendary Pokémon are one-of-a-kind, and they shouldn't breed, evolve, or any of that stuff, but I think they should make Zygrade the only exception to this rule.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • Zygrade will definitely be the mascot of the third installment. Well, unless, of course, they decide to give us some sort of a twist and go along with some other Pokémon as the game's headliner. xD Just like manutdrule, I'm expecting Zygrade to have a different form. Maybe it could be a megaevolution? Either that, or instead megaevolution, perhaps they could give this Pokémon a real evolutionary form. This would make Zygrade the first legendary Pokémon to ever have an evolution, which, in my opinion, would be quite huge. I know that legendary Pokémon are one-of-a-kind, and they shouldn't breed, evolve, or any of that stuff, but I think they should make Zygrade the only exception to this rule.

Technically Phione and Manaphy are legendary, and they're an evolutionary line....
    Although their legendary status is still debated, due to breeding capabilities.

Anyone wonder if Lysandre will come back in Z? Either as some sort of freak of science, like a cyborg...
    Or by the ultimate weapon itself somehow.

X-Calem

Savior of a Broken World
    Years
    • SG
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    Idk now...Zygarde doesn't seem like he'd have a good enough story to have his own game. The pokemon of Balance and Order...not what I was expecting.
    Caught him though~

I remember somebody said that the theme of Life, Death and Order was linked to some real world mythology(was it Norse..? I think so...) just like how Reshiram and Zekrom was linked to Ying and Yang. Like Flush'd said, Kyurem didn't really have a backstory besides the huge meteor crashing onto Unova and that freak emerged(according to one of the NPCs, this was disconfirmed by BW2 in which it was revealed that it was the leftovers of Reshiram and Zekrom's original fused form).
    I'm expecting the sequel to contain more details about Zygarde and its link to the Ultimate Weapon. I hope it would be like the idea of BW2, a numbered sequel to the previous game, so at least our previous hero/heroine's accomplishments were actually canon :D

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
  • Idk now...Zygarde doesn't seem like he'd have a good enough story to have his own game. The pokemon of Balance and Order...not what I was expecting.
    Caught him though~

While it may not seem powerful or good enough for Zygarde to deserve its own game.. balance and order is what makes the Pokemon universe function, isn't it? Being the Pokemon to keep balance and order seems like a perfectly legitimate reason alone for it to be good enough to create a third game in the series.

Also, more post-game content- if not, more main story content.. :v

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
  • Its pretty obvious Zygarde will be the mascot of Z and have some sort of forme changes. His current design isn't exactly attractive cover art/box material.

no more exp share so early in the game, make it only given much later or post e4

easy/normal/challenge mode

much more expansive postgame (other than just finding megastones and a safari)

All of this! Granted that I've spent 40 something hours playing around and have yet to get to the E4, some more things to do after would be awesome.

I'm interested in what will make Zygarde resemble a Z, because as of now I don't really see it.

Munchlax11

Munch?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 15, 2014
    I want them to add to the story. It all happened way too quickly. I think X and Y were great starts to this gen, but they can make it so much better, and I'm already looking forward to Z because it has so much potential. I'm hoping it will be add on to the events that happened in X and Y like B2/W2 added on to the events in B/W. The pace of the game became a lot faster after the 3rd gym, but I liked how slow it was near the beginning. I was still satisfied that I got 35 hours of gameplay in the story, but 20 of those hours came before the 3rd gym. I hope they make the trainers levels higher too, if they opt to kepp the exp sharer. The game was far too easy. I expect them to work out the little kinks, and to advance the story, and improve an already great generation.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
  • I just thought of this, but I think Z will be taking the route of Emerald and Platinum. In B/W where we had sequels, both legendary Pokemon are present within the story, whereas in X and Y we're back to having one Legend having all the spotlight in their respective game. This is giving me the vibe that in Z, both legends will be involved and Zygarde will somehow stop them.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I really want a Z game to be released.

I'd like to see more post-game and perhaps a slightly larger region. :P

P.S. I don't want an XY2 because I'd feel inclined to buy both and I don't have that much money to spend!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    To be honest, I don't think that they will make a third game that is any way like Emerald or Platinum anymore. My reason for this is that after the much better sequel approach they might not want to go back to a game that is the same as the others, but slightly better. It's just the same as what game companies such as EA are doing right now.
    What I hope that happens is that there are sequels, bu they are completely different from B2/W2. Lysandre could have survived that blast somehow(It's a stretch, I know, but anything is possible) This time they could do something with Zygarde to make him relevant, they could also bring the protaganist from X/Y back with either Xerneas or Yveltal. Anything is possible. I just wouldn't expect the traditional third game installment like we have previously had.

Back