• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon's 15th Anniversary!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
  • Wait, does that mean Technically Ash would be 25 years old? Yet he still has the appearance of a 10 year old. o_O Aside from that nonsense, I'd like to with Pokémon a very happy 15th anniversary, and hope that the series goes on strong forever, or at least a very long time. :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    omg lol syd.

Happy birthday Pokemon! ...so this is why Black and White are releasing early on in March. CLEARLY.

But yeah anyways, it's good that Pokemon has brought us all together in a way, kept us distracted for long periods of time and has made all of us happy. Yay for Pokemon. :D

-Cygnus-

It's an odyssey
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2015
    Wow, what a day haha. That's been a good... at least 13 years of the franchise for me :) I think I fancy myself an old look at my tcg collection... Maybe a playthrough of Blue version, or an old anime episode :p

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • Wow, now I feel old - Feels like yesterday when I just started my adventure on Yellow!

Happy Birthday Pokemon! Here's hoping you're still around for your 20th :3

Years
  • I feel old, etc.

Somehow I must have known it was Pokemon's anniversary because I randomly decided to pull out my old gameboy and play a little of the original game.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Wow, fifteen years? So that makes me one year older than Pokémon. Now, that's a pretty stunning fact which I never knew.

Anyway, happy anniversary to good ol' Pocket Monsters! It's a fantastic franchise in general and, although I mainly watch the animé and play the video games, I hope Pokémon as a whole continues to grow and more and more people continue to love Pokémon as we all do in this community.

Last edited:

Gilgαmesh

Ever since at a very young age, you've always kept me hooked onto you. I still can't remember to this day why that's so, but you must be freaking amazing in order to survive to this present day and still be one of the biggest moneymakers of all time, and still be pretty flippin' awesome. I gotta admit, you've come a pretty long way. At first, you had pretty awful graphics, but the gameplay was amazing and it created some major nostalgia and childhood memories. As the games advanced, we got more and more into it, and currently, it's the 5th generation. We have 3D, Wifi, stuff we'd never think could've possibly existed back then.

And guess what? I'm still not letting go of you. It's hard to say when I will, cause I'm slightly getting tired of gaming myself, but you're going to be one that's definitely going to be one of the hardest series to just "get over". You have created a lot of memories, and letting that go is definitely easier said than done. Hopefully you'll survive to the next generation, and that those after us would understand why pokemon has become so popular. Because when I become old and my children want to know why the heck Pokemon became so fun, I'll just laugh, give them a copy of R/B/Y, and just say "it all started here".

P.S: I've never been a fan of the anime, but hey, the games really made up for that, so yeah.

Happy Birthday. n__n;

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Wow, it's hard to believe that pokemon has been around for so long. It's been out for almost my entire life O.o But I'm glad that pokemon was a big part of my childhood and my life now.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • Heh, I'm as old as Pokemon now =-p
    Anyway, glad to see Pokemon is still up and running. I hope to see it still around for my 20th birthday.

Happy 15th, Pokemon!!!:D

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I can't believe it's already been that long. I was 7 back then XD Ah well, yay for pokemon's 15th! I hope it sticks around for a while longer and continues to grow and expand.

Years
  • I'm writing a fanfiction to commemorate Pokemon's 15th Birthday. The series is based on BW and features Hilda as the main character.

picture.php

Hilda is cool!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I know it's approximately 1-1.5 months late, but Happy Belated 15th anniversary, Pokemon (can't believe I missed the actual day of this >.<)! :D Continue to flourish, foster friendship and teamwork, and show all those lame non-Nintendo series who's boss! And may we have many more anniversaries to come as well, with no end of the franchise in sight! Even if we do go beyond 1000 Pokemon, its legacy shall not wither away so easily..

Back