• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon's Most Epic Failure

VictorP1

Dialga Tamer
Years
  • What do you think Pokemon's most epic fail is? Please state it this way:

Fail: versions: What is the fail: Specifics(optional): why

Fail: D/P/PL: Pokemon: Bidoof: bad graphic, totaly weak, nobody likes.

Fail: G/S/C: Avatars: Bad graphics and there isn't a specific one for each Pokemon.

Fail: HG/SS: Comes out: IT NEEDS TO COME OUT NOW!!!

(please bold what game you found the fail on, even if the fail is on others.)

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    FAIL - RBY - The Psychic type. Get a Pin Missile Jolteon, or you're f***ed

FAIL - RBY - The backsprites. MY EYES! OH GOD, MY EYES!

FAIL - GSC - The levels. Level 30s in a gym post-Elite Four, really Janine? And as for you, Falkner....

FAIL - GSC - Kanto. I don't think I even need to explain this.

FAIL - RSE - The Water routes. We really, really didn't need that much water.

FAIL - RSE - The ripoffs. Wurmple, Beautifly, Seviper, Shroomish, Slaking, Skitty, Plusle/Minun, Corphish, Feebas and Clamperl, you would have been great pokemon if we hadn't already got Caterpie, Weedle, Butterfree, Arbok, Parasect, Snorlax, Meowth, Pikachu, Krabby, Magikarp and Shellder.

FAIL - DPPt - The lack of originality. All the fire-types for example, consisted of three in a starter's evolutionary line, one evolution of an old pokemon, and one legendary. No regular, original fire-types whatsoever.

FAIL - DPPt - The legendaries. We really, really do not need that many.

VictorP1

Dialga Tamer
    Years
  • FAIL - RBY - The Psychic type. Get a Pin Missile Jolteon, or you're f***ed

FAIL - RBY - The backsprites. MY EYES! OH GOD, MY EYES!

FAIL - GSC - The levels. Level 30s in a gym post-Elite Four, really Janine? And as for you, Falkner....

FAIL - GSC - Kanto. I don't think I even need to explain this.

FAIL - RSE - The Water routes. We really, really didn't need that much water.

FAIL - RSE - The ripoffs. Wurmple, Beautifly, Seviper, Shroomish, Slaking, Skitty, Plusle/Minun, Corphish, Feebas and Clamperl, you would have been great pokemon if we hadn't already got Caterpie, Weedle, Butterfree, Arbok, Parasect, Snorlax, Meowth, Pikachu, Krabby, Magikarp and Shellder.

FAIL - DPPt - The lack of originality. All the fire-types for example, consisted of three in a starter's evolutionary line, one evolution of an old pokemon, and one legendary. No regular, original fire-types whatsoever.

FAIL - DPPt - The legendaries. We really, really do not need that many.
    Dude, on GSC, Kanto is qwesome, and it's being remade on SS/HG

And on DPPt, We only need Dialga, Palkia, and Girantina!

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Dude, on GSC, Kanto is qwesome, and it's being remade on SS/HG

Kanto would have been awesome, if it wasn't underlevelled and had its soul sucked out. Viridian forest, Seafom and Cinnabar Islands, the Safari Zone, Mt. Moon... I could go on.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
  • Kanto would have been awesome, if it wasn't underlevelled and had its soul sucked out. Viridian forest, Seafom and Cinnabar Islands, the Safari Zone, Mt. Moon... I could go on.

Well, GBC games had limited space. And what was left was still great anyway.

Sackferth

Fonetics Phanatic
    Years
  • Kanto would have been awesome, if it wasn't underlevelled and had its soul sucked out. Viridian forest, Seafom and Cinnabar Islands, the Safari Zone, Mt. Moon... I could go on.

It's not like they wanted to take everything out of Kanto, believe it or not, there are space restraints on those tiny little cartridges...
    The fact that they even thought about bringing back Kanto should have been good enough...

Edit: Roxasabridged beat me, but still. :P

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • All the anime
    DPPT- Arcus, or how ever you spell that. Seriously, a God can be captured in a Pokeball and carried around with you, like some sort of pet?

D/P- Team Galactic, It was a push over, but they got a total revamp in Platinum, no so much of a pushover, and Cyrus almost beat me in the final battle.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • RSE; The many waters of doom; I. Hate. Surf.

DP; Surfing speed; Are you really that slow, Floatzel?

RB; Golbat; No.

GSC; The "level problem"; Nuff said.

GSC; Getting around Ruins of Alph; One of my favorite places with my favorite Pokemon, but it takes an eternity to get to the area that it's in. I want my Smeargle, and I want it now!

VictorP1

Dialga Tamer
    Years
  • <<<<Medal

<
    ^
    When I read how many new legendries there were for D/P/Pt I almost cried with laughter. Level 47 Dragonite in G/S/C Elite Four has fail written all over it.

Give this man a ****ing medal. He wins the thread. I can't believe I didnt think of that.
    Thanks, cuz there's a medal right next to the post on the top left look!

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • FR/LG - How Running Shoes take forever to get

R/S/E - Nothing. This is PWN

D/P - No Battle Frontier

P - No Good Battle Frontier

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Fail: G/S/C: Avatars: Bad graphics and there isn't a specific one for each Pokemon.

- Really? bad graphics?...... wooooowwwwwwww..... ok well call this bias because silver= first game i have ever played, but........ wow..... ok, for the time, G/S/C had GREAT graphics, and for a handheld to! it was one of the greatest games to be released for the Nintendo Gameboy color
    for me

G/S/C............ moving on
    R/S/E- nothing really- i actually enjoyed these games very much- only problem was the Difficulty Levels
    FR/LG-..... uhh.... kinda boring games, but still ok
    D/P/Pltnm- the pokemon- they are boring, unoriginal, and messed up (stunky)- not all of them- actually, 2 sinnoh pokemon made it into my top 25- just- well, they are boring, and the game itself is sorta boring
    oh, and since we are talking about Pokemon's most EPIC FAIL- Pokemon XD
    i hate that game- i fell asleep playing it!

Last edited:

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
  • DP: Not being able to use the bike in the little buildings separating routes and stuff. I'm glad this was changed in Platinum.
    DP: Slow Surfing speed. Thankfully fixed in Platinum.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Agreed
    GSC- The level of the pokemon, and the TM's, epic fail.
    3rd-4th Gen- The hardness of finding Feebas. The pokemon is nearly not worth that much effort if it wasn't for Milotic.
    DPPT- The Crap Pokemon, when I saw a few of them I shat myself laughing.

Years
  • R/S/E: Too much water. I spent almost half the game time running from Tentacools
    D/P/P: New Pokemon look ugly as hell, eg. Chimchar (when I first saw him I was like "WTF this is the new fire type starter?)
    D/P/P: Rock Climb!? Defog!? -_-"
    D/P/P: Magmortar, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Probopass and all those useless evolutions
    HG/SS: Taking too long to come out

Back