• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokePark Wii : Pikachu's Adventure [Main Discussion Thread]

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
  • PokePark Wii : Pikachu's Adventure [Main Discussion Thread]

I just picked up this beauty (and it cost me almost 45 euros, yes it did !) and since I am at my dad's, I can't play it. But from the reviews I have just read, I can see it got quite negative feedback.

Why ? From what I've seen so far, it looks pretty nice and I can't play it... heck, I got to wait till Monday... -_-'

So yeah, you Americans will be getting it on the 1st November (*victory dance* finally Europe > USA at release dates). But some Europeans and Australians from the Forum have it, soooo...

Discuss. :-)

And, some fragments from GameFAQs (game cover also from there) :

The first Pokemon adventure game on the Wii console puts Pikachu at the center of a fun, expansive playground filled with adventure, Attractions and Pokemon. The Rare Pokemon Mew summons Pikachu to the PokePark to find the missing Sky Prism Pieces, leaving it up to Pikachu to save the day!

Basically, it's an Adventure/Action Pokemon Game, with no RPG elements. I find refreshing from the original tbh, so this is why I might also review it in the future.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i really want this game. i think it looks really cool but ya it has been getting alot of bad review because of the controls i think.
    i cant wait until november when i can buy this game it just looks way to awesome. plus you get to be pikachu ^_^

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • i really want this game. i think it looks really cool but ya it has been getting alot of bad review because of the controls i think.
    i cant wait until november when i can buy this game it just looks way to awesome. plus you get to be pikachu ^_^

It got bad scores because of the weird camera. You press B then use the WiiMote to move around. Since that Wii Sensor is placed in a wrong position for me, it's gonna be a pain...

And Pikachu, ... of course, the Chu ripoff. I live with it. And I don't mind it.

rosebunny

Beta/Grammar Tester - Dr.Rose
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    I actually played the game in Japanese which I couldn't understand and still beat it.
    Honestly I thought it would have been fun controlling more Pokemon, except when in races/challenges. Even though I can't understand Japanese the story looked (and felt) meh

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Yeah, the story revolves around Mew who is dying because of the PokePark friendship fading. And you need to get Prism Pieces, blah blah...
    Or something like that, anyway !
    Well, I had just arrived to Iceberg Zone to talk to Empoleon. I am mostly impressed by the graphics of this game, but the camera control = UGH. I can hardly even look around for Hide and Seek.
    Oh, and I managed to beat Torterra and Feraligatr. Damn 4 HP bars...

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Okay, I am stuck in the last zone. I need "Three Words of Wisdom" or so says Flygon.
    Thing is, I refuse to use any guides. Evil game, you're going down. >:-)

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
  • I can't wait to get this game. It looks amazing. The first 3-D game where you get to control a Pokemon in a Pokemon-only world. I don't understand why it got such negative reviews.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    This game actually looks pretty cool, I looked up gameplay videos for it, and it looked pretty inpressive, but repeative. I'm not going to get it for that reason.

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
  • Off topic:
    Okay, I am stuck in the last zone. I need "Three Words of Wisdom" or so says Flygon.
    Thing is, I refuse to use any guides. Evil game, you're going down. >:-)
    Word locations in spoiler:
    Spoiler:

OnTopic:
    I absolutely <3 Pokepark!
    I'm a Pokepark Expert, I've befriended all 193, beaten Mew, taken awesome photos, etc. If anyone needs any help, they can PM me, or post in this thread.
    I <3 the voices, finally they get something other than a groan or a squeak to say.

Kwest

I need a costume
    Years
  • I was really exited about this too, I mean it looks beautiful and I was hoping with the big range of Pokemon and their themed areas along side that there'd be some really interesting 'quests' (for lack of a better word) but after watching quite a few videos I just kept seeing the same mechanism over and over, consisting of simply attacking other Pokemon with your very limited moveset in waiting for the fanfare prompting your success. What you've achieved I haven't a clue. :/

Is this all there is to it? If so I'm a little disappointed. Of course if I'm wrong someone please tell me!

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • It was actually pretty boring, but it was so beautiful and cool, I might give it an 8 at least.
    And I found those words, but I'm too lazy to continue on with Salamence's Attraction. Like, too lazy to boot up my Wii and move my hands.
    Tomorrow I'll post my final thoughts on the game and make a review in the special section.

And no, there's only 193 Pokemon, there's kinda boring and repetitive games and stuff. It just isn't worth it to 100% it. :/ Well, get it simply to see what great graphics can the Wii achieve through hard work. Nothing special about this game.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Okay, I finally finished it.
    WARNING ! This spoiler might wreck the last level of the game, The Sky Pavilion. (even though the storyline is so shallow it might not actually do anything).

Spoiler:

I'm bored of this game. His resting place : my room.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • The game is not actually half bad, it's kinda annoying that you can't get around quicker other than dashing, and Pikachu's running speed is just -.-' I love the battling though:D

And randomly smashing into random Pokemon XD; then zapping them :')

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i skp a lot of spinoffs bcuz i jus don liek dem. imma skip dis one to cuz it jus doesnt look liek my cup of tee. plus u can onyl play as pikachu an hes my least favorit pokemon so i don think u wud b able 2 stand playin as him da WHOLE gaem.

~sydian~

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Sydian, you don't like Spin off's yet your the moderator of Spin offs ._.

Anyway, Spending 1000, 1500 berries u.u to increase my running speed is always nice. /obvious sarcasm.

I forgot to mention how ridiculously short this game is. Started playing this morning now at the Granite zone -__- /No life.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • The parts where you battle other Pokemon with Pikachu seems interesting. It's like an actual battle you would see in the anime. I've always thought that it would be awesome if Nintendo could pull off a game that was like that, except being able to use every Pokemon, not just Pikachu, of course.

I don't know if I will get this game. It just came out today in the United States. It looks like it will probably just be a huge disappointment, like Pokemon Battle Revolution was. However, my obsession with Pokemon might just win over my logic.

I wish Nintendo would take more pride with their spin-offs. Mystery Dungeon, imo, has been the best spin-off series to date, so that shows it is within Nintendo's capacity to make a good Pokemon spin-off game.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I just got this game from the US. I enjoy the battle part of the game. I'm not a huge fan of the chasing though. My favorite attraction so far is the Bastiodon's Panel Crush. The game is so cute though. I'm so glad that I bought it.

Back