• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokerus Occurances

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
Years
  • Pokerus

Unlike other status ailments, Pokérus cannot be healed at a Pokémon Center or with any status ailment healing item, and can only be obtained by the Pokémon in question once. When a Pokémon has the Pokérus, it gains double the effort values from battling (i.e., fighting a Magikarp will give two Speed EVs, rather than one). Effort points gained from vitamins and wings are not doubled. The infected Pokémon can infect other Pokémon with the virus for a period of about two days. However, the Pokérus timer can be delayed by several methods including placing the infected Pokémon in a PC Box.
    Pokérus has a 3 in 65,536 chance of being generated on a Pokémon, either wild or bred. Through battling or capturing this wild Pokémon, players could get this helpful virus onto their own Pokémon, and subsequently spread it around. Due to the overwhelmingly low chance of encountering the virus (about 1/3 of the chance to encounter a Shiny Pokémon), and the fact that most would not even recognize a Pokémon with the virus and may flee from it, many players would never have a Pokémon with the virus.
    In later generations, the Pokérus became more accessible, with worldwide trading facilitated by the Nintendo DS's Wi-Fi capabilities beginning Generation IV. In fact, it is common courtesy to infect Pokémon to be traded on the Global Trade Station with Pokérus within some parts of the fandom. Also, a Pokémon's chances of being infected with the virus very slightly increase when a Pokémon has been traded from another game.

Infection

When infected, a Pokémon's status screen will indicate it much as it does any other status condition (with icon being different for Generation III and IV, while Generation V has the same as Generation IV and Gen II having no icon at all). When another normal status condition, such as Sleep, affects the Pokémon, the Pokérus icon will be replaced. As long as the Pokémon is infected with Pokérus, it can spread the virus to the other Pokémon in the player's party. The infection may spread if the infected Pokémon is in the main party after a battle. An uninfected Pokémon must be next to a Pokémon infected with Pokérus in the main party for the virus to spread. If Pokémon that have already been infected and cured from Pokérus are in the main party and are on either side of a Pokémon currently with the disease, Pokérus will not spread after any amount of battles. Pokémon that are put into the PC will keep the status indefinitely. From Generation III onward, Eggs may catch Pokérus like any other Pokémon.

My own Pokemon have already been exposed to Pokerus before I even reached the first Pokecenter in Y.

Have other people been exposed to Pokerus yet?

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Just like shinies I've never gotten it before short of trading.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I got it through a Wonder Trade. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people found Pokerus. I found it in Sapphire right before the E4 and in Pearl shortly after arriving in Sandgem. I'd rather take a shiny. :p

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    I got Wonder Traded a Bibarel with Pokerus and immediately spread it to my entire team and kept a few in the PC for future use. I then infect all the Pokemon I wanna Wonder Trade and send them to spread some joy :)

Years
  • Wonder traded a chespin with pokerus. Currently trying to spread the infection to pokemons I don't use so that I can wonder trade them away to hopefully make someone's day.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I got it from fighting a pokemon outside the breeding center now passing the PKRUS to other pokemon then putting them on wonder trade to help other people get this helpful thing.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Almost 65% of all my Pokémons got this virus, I never noticed it till now. I know this is a "helpful virus" and all, but I hope it doesn't turn out to be a bad thing. Even the recent shiny I caught have it.

Years
  • I caught a pokemon with Pokerus and that thing spread like wildfire.
    So much that I CANNOT tell which was the first one...

Back