• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokethon to replace contests?

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • Think about it.
    Your character is not wearing the normal hat.
    There are many stat categories.
    There are 4 contestants.
    A judge.
    Many rounds.
    Pokemon can earn medals.

These give me a feeling that whatever this is its here to stay and will likely be the new contests. Your views?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I have never been a contest fan so I can't say much about them but if some racing minigame(in this case pokethon) replaces them(contests) I will be okay. But it could mean bad news for the contest enthusiasts...

derozio

Years
  • Its not just racing though. Its a bunch of different events a sports thing if you will.
    Thanks for explaining but I really don't care much about whatever it is. Its still better than contests for me.

derozio

Years
  • I wonder what that would mean for the anime. =P
    Ash and co. will get to learn to drive a vehicle at least and learn all sort of other things.:P

Seriously, I think that they should replace contests with these but am not really sure(like you) what effect they would have at the anime.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • G/S/C didn't have contests. (That's good because I hate contests!) So, I think Pokethon can replace that, these are something what I want test, I have been only 3 times in Contests because they are sooooo stupid. I just hope that they don't get boring as quickly as contests (it was boring when I was in contest hall first time..).

derozio

Years
  • G/S/C didn't have contests. (That's good because I hate contests!) So, I think Pokethon can replace that, these are something what I want test, I have been only 3 times in Contests because they are sooooo stupid. I just hope that they don't get boring as quickly as contests (it was boring when I was in contest hall first time..).
    I too hate contests but please don't insult contests so much! Contest lovers may flame you for it!! :P

Anyways I think that they should definitely replace contests. Contests were not in the originals and they should not be in the remakes either!(Sorry contest lovers! :()

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
    Years
  • I don't really enjoy contests either, I never really participated in any of them, so I never managed to get into the Ribbon Society (although it didn't look that brilliant anyway.) I wouldn't mind if they bring contests back, but it would be better if the Pokéthon replaced them, as some of the mini games look brilliant especially the hurdles race.

Years
  • I'd support that. Contests aren't really for me and making and eating those poffin things that you use for contests? Don't like that. Raw minigames based on my gaming leetness would be much better :P

derozio

Years
  • I'd support that. Contests aren't really for me and making and eating those poffin things that you use for contests? Don't like that. Raw minigames based on my gaming leetness would be much better :P
    Yeah! That's what I was talking about! lol XD

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
  • The only time I enjoyed contests was in R/S/E, where the combos were quite fun to work out and develop strategies with. Then they added dancing and dressing up, and removed any hint of complexity. I stopped liking them. I really hope that they are replaced, however, the Pokethon doesn't seem to be complex with strategies, however it looks quite good.
    Another thing is that with the 9 varied events, there will be something. However, I get the feeling that they might have one Pokethon with all nine events. Which would be bad. In my view, anyway.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    I'm far from a contest enthusiast, so I would not mind at all if the Pokethon replaced them. I think it is great that they introduced another "side game" in the series for us people who didn't really care for the contests.

That said, I'd rather them both be in, so that the people who enjoy contests are happy, too :)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm not sure if anyone pointed this out but in the anime in the final episode in Hoenn when Ash and Brock depart to go back to kanto then on to Sinnoh May leaves for Johto so she can participate in pokemon contets so according to the anime there are contests in Johto. But for me pokemon contests really need to be improved. But i can see the pokethon replacing the contets as in the original G/S/C there was no contests so that is an excuse for gamefreak not to put them in HG/SS. Thats what i think anyway. I dunno where they could fit it all xD

Back