• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Poketropolis

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Your game is sooo cool! I didn't expect a conspiracy!!
    So I finally got to City 10, and saw the Ranger Base there. It was weird, coz when I got there they said there are no rangers in city 2!! I didn't expect there to be fake rangers!!

Anyway, for some reason, talking to the leader re-opened the Stop! Thief(s)! Quest for me, even though it had previously been marked complete when the bike shop owner gave me a bike prematurely. I don't know yet what will happen after i go back to city 10, but I thought you should know.

This also makes me wonder what would happen if a player chose not to do the Looters in the forest quest before confronting the fakes. Because you can't get the reward if you chase away the fakes before completing the other quest. Or, you can't get the machete if you skip talking to fakes altogether. it makes me wanna start a new game to see what would happen. XD

You haven´t even seen half of it XD
    But I´m glad to see you like it ;D
    I made sure that you can go in any order you want(With the exception of the Stop! Thief(s)! Quest being done before it started... But apart from being back open again for you, it really shouldn´t affect anything)

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    I think i kinda played this before my last phone broke. Just got a new one though now and im gonna try this game out. Any plans on adding more mons? Would like to have aegislash :p

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    I think i kinda played this before my last phone broke. Just got a new one though now and im gonna try this game out. Any plans on adding more mons? Would like to have aegislash :p

Glad to hear you´re gonna try it ;D Let me know how you like it, but sadly I can´t add more Pokemon without breaking everything(Trust me I TRIED, but even when adding them manually everything burns down...)
    Other than that I tried to pack in every feature I could think of and include without it breaking down, so there´s bound to be something in there you´ll like :P

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Glad to hear you´re gonna try it ;D Let me know how you like it, but sadly I can´t add more Pokemon without breaking everything(Trust me I TRIED, but even when adding them manually everything burns down...)

i mean if u added a mega for nearly every mon like the initial post claims then adding gen 6 mons at the least should be trivial

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    i mean if u added a mega for nearly every mon like the initial post claims then adding gen 6 mons at the least should be trivial

The thing wit Mega evos is that they are not really new pokemon, they are handled as formchanges(kinda like different forms of Unown), not different Pokemon. Adding new Pokemon would cause issues with a bunch of other plugins in the game(which causes the game to crash/not start properly), and at a certain point you just gotta cut ideas in order to get things done.

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The thing wit Mega evos is that they are not really new pokemon, they are handled as formchanges(kinda like different forms of Unown), not different Pokemon. Adding new Pokemon would cause issues with a bunch of other plugins in the game(which causes the game to crash/not start properly), and at a certain point you just gotta cut ideas in order to get things done.

and yet like that other guy stated, there's fan games like pokemon wack that have a roster of over 4000 mons, and even without factoring that in there's a multitude of fan games that have long since added in gen 6, 7 and even in some cases gen 8 mons and still function perfectly fine, heck there's even been talks of select fan games adding legends arceus mons as well

thus my statement of adding gen 6 even still stands even without factoring in the megas/formchanges................... and if you dont believe me, 2 very perfect examples of fan games that do that quite well are rejuvenation and reborn

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    and yet like that other guy stated, there's fan games like pokemon wack that have a roster of over 4000 mons, and even without factoring that in there's a multitude of fan games that have long since added in gen 6, 7 and even in some cases gen 8 mons and still function perfectly fine, heck there's even been talks of select fan games adding legends arceus mons as well

thus my statement of adding gen 6 even still stands even without factoring in the megas/formchanges................... and if you dont believe me, 2 very perfect examples of fan games that do that quite well are rejuvenation and reborn

It´s not like I say it´s impossible, I´m just saying that, given that I do not want to rewrite several plugins(that I didn´t even write to begin with, so I have little to no idea how to even edit those without breaking their functionality) to build in more Pokemon, which also would need to be distributed in the routes, given megaforms, etc., etc. As is often the case with coding changing one thing causes three new problems to appear, and fixing those causes even more problems.

I am happy with what I got in without this whole thing crashing down, and If you find a bug or anything like that I´ll gladly try and fix it, but I´m not planning to add any more content to this game(given that I am currently working on another game, I just don´t have the time).

The files of the game aren´t encrypted though, so If you REALLY want to, you could add in gen 6 Pokemon yourself, given that you have RPG Maker XP to edit the files, but as I said that would take quite a lot of time and effort.

Basically, the TL;DR is this: As with most things in Game Design, It´s far from impossible, given enough time and work, but I am just a single dude that made this game for fun in my spare time, and I don´t want to rework everything just to put in even more Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Im having a similar error on startup that says "SpriteWindow_sprites" line 30 Runtime Error Occurred. File name is nil. Its a new file and when I launch it automatically launches in full screen, not sure if thats causing any issues. Can anyone help me with this?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I have a probably stupid question I think I accidently sped up my game to the fastest setting however I have no clue how I did it or how to undo it. Typically I like having fast games but it's getting hard to do things like organize my box lmao. Btw so far I'm having a lot of fun with it! Nice job :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Glad you like it, and you might simply pressed "S" on the keyboard. (That´s the Speedup key, so the internal clock runs faster. It has normal Speed, 3x and 5x)
    Simply press "S" once more and it should slow back down to normal ;D

Days
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Trying to open the game leads to these :
    Spoiler:

Impossible to even start playing :c

Days
    • Seen Jul 14, 2023
    First of all, I would like to thank you for this amazing game! It's such a unique experience and I feel like I never had this much fun playing a pokemon fan game. I never actually bothered to create an account here, until now, since no other game here captivated me this much.

That said, I'm having some issues with the quest "Doc's Letter". Nothing happens when I talk to Chairman.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    First of all, I would like to thank you for this amazing game! It's such a unique experience and I feel like I never had this much fun playing a pokemon fan game. I never actually bothered to create an account here, until now, since no other game here captivated me this much.

That said, I'm having some issues with the quest "Doc's Letter". Nothing happens when I talk to Chairman.

Thank you for the kind words; I really appreciate it :D
    As for the Quest, I will fix it with Version 1.3, that should be up within the next few Hours :P

Back