• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen PokeWalker & Moves from level up

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
Years
  • I don't have my game yet (HURRY UP MARCH 25TH), but I've been reading heaps of discussions about it and on another forum someone was talking about a negative experience they had with the PokeWalker.

After buying the game he had to work, so he just got his starter (Cyndaquil) and put it in his PokeWalker. When he checked it next, it was level 10, and hadn't learned ember. He transferred it back onto his game cart and still no ember. And finally he grinded it to 11 and once again, no ember, which means he'll only be able to learn it through the move relearner (as far as I can tell?).

Do you think this was intentional, due to 'easier' leveling methods using the PokeWalker? Or do you think it was just an oversight on Nintendo's part? Any future possible fixes? Are we stuck using heart scales for any moves we miss when Pokemon level on the PokeWalker?

Someone else noted that while Pokemon won't evolve in the PokeWalker, they'll evolve once they're leveled normally in-game, which seems like something the moves should have done too.

Thoughts?

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
  • Makes sense, in a way. I mean, if you choose to not evolve in diamond you get the evolve screen later, but if you choose to not learn a move they won't let you learn it next level. So it's kinda like, "well, duh."

As far as the logic behind it I bet it's simply poor programming, no one thought of it, etc. Nintendo of America would probably be like "Yeah, don't like it, don't pokewalk, it's your choice." And since none of us seem to know Japanese and know the phone number for the Pokemon Team in Japan.... doesn't look like an answer is likely.

I still vote laziness, though. I doubt they had an actual reason for doing that, any crap they give you is just an excuse.

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
  • I always hated when a Pokemon I had in the Daycare leveled up and lost a move I was going to breed into it's offspring.
    That annoyed me just a few hours ago when I put a lv1 Charmander I'd been planning to EV train into daycare to breed an egg, and I got it back a couple of minutes later at lv10.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    well i heard japenese ss/hg when you take the pokemon out of the pokewalker its only leveled up 1

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • I've only ever had a Pokémon go up one level whenever I have it in the PokéWalker. Though...I did have some random Sentret follow me today when I didn't have any Pokémon with me. Has anyone else had this happen? I actually received it, too. It was...interesting...yet odd. lol I didn't complain, though. :laugh:

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
  • Though...I did have some random Sentret follow me today when I didn't have any Pokémon with me. Has anyone else had this happen? I actually received it, too. It was...interesting...yet odd. lol I didn't complain, though. :laugh:

An Oddish followed me yesterday night. O_________________o it's weird

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah.It's to keep you on your DS/DSLite/DSi/DSiXL just as long, while Nintendo can claim, once again, to be the "health-encouraging video games people", but you still wear out your DS, and buy another, giving them more profits.

I actually like it though.It will mean I can level up my pokemon to the level needed before training them, without losing moves (i.e. my Elekid with 4 egg moves to lv.50, transfer to Platinum, train outside Sunnyshore).

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Yeah, I had that problem, but I posted on this forum. It's likely it's just an oversight, but I hope the PokeWalker can accept patches.

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
  • clearly it's patchable as it can accept information, the question is "Will they patch it?" and the answer is most likely no, especially in North America. I'm still waiting for the Pokemon Ranch Platinum Patch.

Blackoutv3

TO CATCH THEM IS NO REAL TEST!
    Years
  • Seems pretty reasonable to me. Well i like money so.. if i was a business man i would say that this is no mistake. they do this on purpose so that the have a so called "NEW AND IMPROVED" product for the next game.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    clearly it's patchable as it can accept information, the question is "Will they patch it?" and the answer is most likely no, especially in North America. I'm still waiting for the Pokemon Ranch Platinum Patch.

Sorry for the bad news, but Nintendo said that they will not place the Platinum update in North America, or anywhere out of Japan.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • Yeah, I missed moves too. My gastly missed night shade and hypnosis. So I just traded him over to platinum and took him to the move relearner, then traded him back. Also, I wrote down the level-up moves for my whole team so I know when not to put them on the pokewalker.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I just got the EXP Share and now I don't really use my Walker.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    In the PokeWalker your Pokemon do not learn moves or evolve when they level up...it kind of sucks...i could easily get level 100 pokes before i beat falkner with the walker...thats why they did that

Back