• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poll About Suicide

Read topic below

• Yes

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 44 84.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    No, I wouldn't... I would feel extremely guilty, but not to where I would kill my self...no...

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    You get only one life, why waste it because someone else decided to do that? So no, I wouldn't go suicidal. I probably wouldn't even care, tbh. =|

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I don't think I'd let someone elses abysmal and poor decision haunt me like that, so no. I have no respect for people that commit/try to commit suicide.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    If this was worded differently I'd say yes but I put no for two reasons.
    In my family the person most likely to kill themself is my uncle and he's an alcohol and has become red in the face yelling at me for lying in bed, TALKING. (about pokemon ironically) Later when he begrudgingly apologized to me (my mom made him) he said he was sorry for getting mad but he was just so mad I was disrespecting him because- since I was talking to my boyfriend in bed... we were clearly just making small talk before engaging in intercourse -_-
    Thus proving my uncle is crazy, and any effect I'd have on him emotionally is not my fault. Secondly that I FREAKING HATE my uncle.

But if it wasn't my uncle, say someone I actually do like and is mentally stable I would feel super guilty and likely sick to my stomach but aside from euthanasia I believe killing oneself is a mistake.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Why the waffles would anyone kill themselves because they caused someone to kill themselves just to go to hell and have them kill each other like there's no tomorrow? Well, technically, there is no tomorrow there.

Seriously? Logic?

AsugetRanzo

гейKuir
    Years
    I wouldn't contemplate killing myself over that.
    I would feel guilty though.
    I'd try my best to amend for everything I had done to them and then try living a good life in their memory.

i'm a bubble. pop me.

What words would satisfy you?
    Years
    No, I probablly wouldn't get suicidal and how I'd feel about it depends a lot on if i thought that i could be a good enough reason for them to commit suicide. Of course, I don't think that anybody can be a good enough reason for someone to kill themselfs but some of these situations are just more understandable than others in my opinion.

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
    Years
    Well, I doubt it. I know I would feel kind of guilty, but not to the point of killing myself. I'm not one to go out and think about things like that.

What's up with these dark threads recently? It's kind of depressing. x_x

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    If there pits the option void vote I would vote that, an episode of the kind would be really sad believe me, therefore vote no.

Years
    I guess it really depends who it was that killed themselves. If it was somebody close to be, like a friend or a member of the family, than I'd feel extremely guilty. If it were someone I wasn't particularly fond of, then I doubt I'd feel the same amount of guilt.

Either way, I don't think I'd consider suicide.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I only care about my brother, and I'm sure he'd never kill himself for me.
    We are very close to each other to put up a situation like that.
    Besides, he'd never be stupid enough to kill himself, and neither would I.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    That's a waste of life. Plain and simple.
    Really, this may sound horrible, but I don't have any respect for someone who takes their own life, no matter the circumstances. It's a foolish thing to do.

This.

If someone pinned the blame on me though, I would feel actually resentful, because it means that that person didn't actually care for me. What kind of person would make someone they cared for carry that kind of burden for the rest of their lives? I would probably be pretty disappointed in them, in the fact that they not only wasted what was left of their life, but that their dying message was pretty crappy and ruined the rest of my life as well. And I know it's selfish, but suicide is as well, so fair's fair.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    I have really bad guilt, I doubt I'd acually kill myslef, I'd chicken out, but, I would consider it.

I get guilty for telling someone to go away.... so....

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    No, and I wouldn't have the guts to. But because of that note I'd likely blame myself daily and consistently.

Back