• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[poll] Do you watch the anime? How old are you?

Do you watch the anime? How old are you?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 28, 2008
    I'm 20 and have begun watching it again. Basically, I stopped around the Johto era in 2001 or whatever. I started this last April because I wanted to catch up with everything that I've misssed. I will usually try to watch an episode a day, but summer session has given me a huge workload and that doesn't end until early June. I started with the first one, and just watched EP088 In The Pink, during the Orange Islands season. I don't think age matters because it's not your normal cartoon. Actually, I think it's a shame there are many people out there that have never watched it, the show really tries to shows the importance of such things as friendship, and never giving up. And imagine how much that could influence a kid, instead of some Spongebob crap or whatever they have on these days.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • I'm 15 and still watching anime. I watch anime everyday. Watching anime is not childish or a nerd. South Park is not an anime, but it's my favorite.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I watch the anime and I'm 14. I will be 15 real soon acutally.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2009
    I'm turning 15 and I'm still watching it. I've been watching from when I was about 5 years old and have seen just about every episode. I usually watch the japanese episodes and sometimes the dub. I don't think though I've seen all the Pikachu Short, specials and some of the Johto series episodes. Also I've seen all the movies except for, surprisingly the very 1st one! lol

Years
  • I'm an older fan. I began watching in 2002 out of boredom, the hospital I was in didn't have cable at that time, but have watched ever since and have seen many of them on Cartoon Network as well.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • I've been watching it from the beginning. I'm turning 16 soon, and I watch it because they is never anything else good on. So, that's mainly why. And the anime is very intresting with a huge amount of characters to be fans of

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
    Years
  • I'm 13, and I watch it. It's not really kiddish... 4kids MADE it kiddish ;;

Momoiro

..:: Glaring One Way ::..
    Years
  • I stopped watching the English anime during the first American broadcast of Late Johto. I then moved on to other anime, (My yaoi phase basically) And, this year, at age 16, I began to watch Kanto in Japanese. I am planning on watching the whole Japanese version this year.

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
    Years
  • I'm 17 and I stilll watch to this day~ X3 I've watched it since the very beginning of the English version. In 2005, I watched Movie 8 in Japanese and been uploadin' Japanese episodes/movies ever since. :3

Andelc

Cool Trainer Alex
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    Im 15 and have been watching it since I was 6 and I plan on watching it forever :)
    I think it's a really great show!

Max_Damage39

I am not pathetic!... Am I?
    Years
  • I have the first 6 season of Pokemon on DVD and I'm 18. I stopped watching when they replaced the voice actors. I loved the old voice actors and the new ones just annoy me...

Edit: However, if i find season 7 onward on DVD I will buy it. Even if the voices annoy me.

DavyJones4our

Man of the Sea
    Years
  • I'm 20 and I started watching it when it first hit US shores in September 1998, then towards later late Johto I got out of it, skipped Ruby and Sapphire (both games and anime), and got back into it JUST before Diamond & Pearl.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I just recently started watching it again. I'm fifteen. :D And my main purpose is shipping...-shot-

Strangely, when I stopped watching it...(which was after Johto-D/P) I still knew what was going on...and even occasionally watched some contests...with Drew...and became a fan of ContestShipping...heh.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • im 12 and I watch the anime, I even have pokemon movies 1-10, my bro watches it too and he is 14 and we both have been watching it since I was 3 and my bro was 5 and we collected pokemon cards ever since and watching anime ever since.

Last edited:
    Back