• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[poll] Inter-Board Tournament Idea

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2004
    Break it up you two ;x

As far as Serebii's misconception goes, I can't ever recall having a bug in NB that caused 2-5 turn moves to last 13, but seeing as almost everything's been busted at one point or another, I would be surprised. It's also possible you saw this bug in RS/GSBot and assumed NetBattle was just as glitchy. Well there's one big difference between the bots and NB. And that's that I work on NB constantly. I do not allow major bugs such as that one to live. NetBattle grows with each version, and just because you happen to see a bug on it a few years ago does not mean the same bug exists today.

So, I ask that you please make sure your facts are current before reporting a bug.

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
  • As far as I know, the bots were up and running with (almost) no bugs (minus the stat boost berries one) before Netbattle was, since it needed less coding in terms of graphics and whatnot, and the first public release for RSbot was already as glitchfree as they can get (again, minus the boost berry bug).

As well, back on topic plz...

- anyone know of any forum that might be interested and is of PC/PE2K's calibur?
    - should I bother putting a signup thread on Serebii forums when this starts?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • put it up anyway... but make sure that the title within SPPF is something along the line of "Calling all good players here" ;p *hint hint* Since they don't have a dedicated strategy forum, put one up on FRLG, RS, E and GSC within their respective "RMT" subforum (where the chances of good players are higher).

Mana Lugia

Years
  • That was gonna be my original plan, but I fear getting banned for posting in an RMT forum with a thread that doesn't involve RMTing...

hmm, maybe I'll just put a team after it to be rated :X

edit:

An idea from the Pe2K boards:

OU clause - given a list of OU pokemon, you may only use like say, 1 or 2 from that list on your team?

your ideas?

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • yeah that works. to save yourself some brain power (and to attract SPPFian from joining), make a team out of 6 PotD XD Let's see how they rate their own creation?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • well as for the OU clause, it doesn't matter to me... part of Pokemon is to overcome the OUs (even though it's most likely one keeps failing), ne?

lol I got used to it already... I personally don't mind.

Mana Lugia

Years
  • Perhaps, but wouldn't the spirit of competition be lost if not everyone wants to play by the same level? I mean, if you take your UU team against an obvious OU team, then you'd be much disadvantaged =/

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • lol... what bragging right can the other boards get out of using a Gengar to beat up a Yanma? ;p There is nothing to lose (for me). Dunno about others in PC... then again, no one else seems to be saying anything about this in PC (well there is Kairi but then she doesn't want to join ._.)

EDIT: also is it possible to know if this contest will be confirmed? Work out the rules later... kinda have to know rather we're even having this or not, and hopefully before September comes because almost everyone will be back in school then.

Mana Lugia

Years
  • This contest looks to be a go, yes. Expect signups to be up this coming week, and round 1 the week after?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    If it is taking place, how would the contestants know what time it would be taking place? We all don't live in the same time zones you know. And some of us can't figure out the difference in time from one zone to another...

Mana Lugia

Years
  • It's up to the battlers to contact each other through AIM, MSN or Email or whatnot and arrange time for a battle.

That's why all signups will need contact info.

Mana Lugia

Years
  • don't get what you mean by Standard uber ban and the Standard uber ban
    can some please explain thxs RS 202 etc thxs
    so we can have 1 latios and 1 latios?
    Standard uber ban: Basically, banning of ubers from use.

RS 202: The RS version
    RS 386: RS version with FR LG moves and mons.

Legends Clause: No, you may either have Latios OR Latias, but not both.

Years
  • So is Serebii.net still in this? If they are, don't underestimate them. There may be noobs who put Hyper Beam and Blast Burn on Charizard, but there is still some good Trainers who can actually put up a good fight. I know this, since I just logged in their Forum right now...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • yes I know. There are netbattlers in there, and some of them are certainly ver good. However, it's just that none of them replied... I browsed through the 3 boards, and I personally think PC is the weakest ._.; Not that I'm underestimating myself, but we are. Even though there are roughly the same amount of netbattlers on all 3 forums, PC netbattlers just started recently, while the other boards' netbattling history dates back to the GSC days. That means: they have a LOT more experience than us in battling.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Yeah, I just browsed through a little bit. Some of their movesets are good. I couldn't find where their responses to the Inter-Board Tourney was though. So I really haven't learned anything from the half-hour I spent searching just to find the Movesets forum alone...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • lol... their movesets forum is within the game forum. Like you have to go into R/S and into a sub-forum called RMTs to see the movesets. From what I briefly scanned, it's also just 3 or 4 people instructing a whole big crowd of lackwits, but those 3 or 4 people are quite enough to destroy PC (not sure about PE2K as they also got 3 or 4 people who fixes everyone elses' movesets).

Lol just have to wonder... why didn't Serebii hire those people for PotD instead? They are netbattlers and know what they're doing. They're by far much better than whoever the current PotDer is.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Netbattlers dont necessarily know what they are doing. These sets arent for Netbattle, there for actual real life battles

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • How is that different? They're both battling, and both of them are meant to be competitive (casual battling = high levels + tackle). Whatever works on one side will work for the other with the exception of hidden power. However, since PotD also suggests the usage of hidden power, then the only difference between live battling and online battling is kinda... gone.

What's your point? =p

Back