• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[poll] Inter-Board Tournament Idea

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
Years
  • Toothache: I'm not very sure on item clause, because in the few tournaments that I've seen that included it, most of the competitors were complaining about the clause =/

Serebii: This coming from the guy's site which doesn't have a single good Moveset of the Day ._.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2004
    "Oh heavens no. Don't you know that NetBattle is unbelievably glitchy? I mean, stat berries don't activate until TWENTYFIVE percent on that thing! And psh, Will-o-Wisp didn't activate my Flareon's Flash Fire! How glitchy is that?! Not only that, Intimidate won't go through Substitutes, and Smeargle can learn Explosion!! Geez the guy that programmed that thing must have the IQ of a marshmellow. I mean, has the guy even PLAYED this game?"

....I am not amused.

Actually I understand that Serebii is probably just basing his statement off a previous NetBattle version. NB was pretty glitchy back in the day. But geez man, get your facts updated before you insult someone's life's work.

Oh, for those of you who thing the listed items really are bugs, please view this thread.

Also, Serebii's ignorance aside, I can tell you that Xatu/Slaking is *incredibly* overrated. It is easily beatable in 2v2 if you know what you're doing.

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
  • well, if i did go it'd be on Netbattle cause i never could get RS Bot workin, so i just helped Beta Test NB.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • MasamuneXGP said:
    Also, Serebii's ignorance aside, I can tell you that Xatu/Slaking is *incredibly* overrated. It is easily beatable in 2v2 if you know what you're doing.
    lol... can't believe you joined PC just to hit this one post as well ^^

For Xatu/Slaking, yes it is easy to beat because Xatu isn't exactly the best thing in the world in terms of defense... there are tons of Pokemon who are capable of defeating Xatu before it can even skill swap early bird to Slaking...

BUT for PC's skill levels, most of the PC members don't even know such a combo existed x_x; Probably only a very few of them know of it. This is by no way gamefaq or netbattle forum, and everyone has to start somewhere... so might as well tell them of the easiest to use 2vs2 combo first before going any further.

*cough cough*

As for Serebii's Pokemon of the Day... lol. They're improving. At least it's much better than the time when they don't even mention T-tar has a x4 weakness to fighting XD.

Gotta love that jolly sudowoodo!

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Yeah the sets have been getting better, and I don't do them btw so dont whine at me

We got rid of the guy who was causing all that ruckus with his bad ones

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Yes I realize as magically one day the moveset improved. However, the items usually don't make much sense as of now, and it's the current guy who got that foolish jolly Sudowoodo. I'm sure that the others are mocking at the *current* guy for PotD as that guy is still a bit insufficient for competitive battling needs. As an "expert" for one of the biggest Pokemon site around, shouldn't he be providing one of the *best* movesets around, not just some semi-acceptable ones like he's making now?

*cough jolly sudowoodo = trash cough*

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    O_O Masa! *gives ML $10* you got him here, good job. >>
    Aww, frosty don't put down PC that much. They're learning! =p With you and ML they'll be good in no time.

Movesets per individual Pok?mon aren't even the best to begin with. "Hmm…I'll take the sub/reversal Blaziken I saw there, then I'll add Ttar…" (A cookie to who tells me why that doesn't work =o) so for individual sets they're okay, but unless you're looking at a whole team together some Pok?mon might need to server different purposes. Like anti*whatever beats your team* *coughMilotic* or pseudo-hazing, whatever.

Mana Lugia

Years
  • Serebii said:
    Yeah the sets have been getting better, and I don't do them btw so dont whine at me

We got rid of the guy who was causing all that ruckus with his bad ones

Personally, I believe the leader needs to take responsibility for his subordinate's actions. Especially if you didn't even take the time to find a guy who can actually do the job to begin with.

So clean up your own mess before bashing Netbattle, especially since you obviously don't know how the game even works, calling NB and RSbot not programmed correctly.

And also, Mr. High and Mighty, did you by any chance program an online battling program correctly? Criticism without ideas for improvement is stupid and pointless, go ban yourself for posting pointless posts kthxbai. >=(

*grabs $10 from Kairi* OMG US dollars :O I'm a Canadian Millionaire now!

Also, as far as activity is going, seems like it's gonna be a PE2K vs PC tourney after all, Serebii ppl prefer to reply to threads like "WHAt IS YOUR FAV NORMAL TYPE" =/ Oh well. We'll see though. Expect signups, if they do come, in at most a week's time.

As for OHKOs, I did get another person who'd like to see OHKO clause instead of ban. So that's prolly gonna end up as a clause instead.

And for the 2 v 2 idea, if we can get another 2 battlers from each side that'd help, but as far as I know, no one from PE2K has much exp in 2 v 2, so...

And finally, Kairi, you meant you and Frosty will make PC better :O I just pop in occassionally to spam and the likes :X

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • lol... you see I've really noticed a trend here... whenever you mention that SPPF is somehow bad in some way, Serebii will magically be present on PC to chat. Now let's try to intimidate their forums into battling and perhaps they'll start to sign up! XD;

I'm not sure if you can really get 7 people from each side battling... perhaps just stick with the original 5 1vs1s. Also, GSC is not my forum and so I really have no influence over the people there (unlike how I brainwash everyone into putting anti skarmbliss weapons on every single Pokemon here! Ahahaha!). No clue if PC can really get a GSC battler.

Mana Lugia

Years
  • Really? Well, I wanted to include GSC because it's not THAT old and there _should_ be no problems getting 1 GSC member for each side (btw, this is probably gonna end up being a friendly PC vs Pe2k type thing, Serebii.net's ppl are a bit too... uncaring for NB).

If GSC can't be scrapped together, I guess 4 aside is good, and tiebreak is on the basis of least own KOs.

Although, IYHO, would it be better for 1x 202, 3x 386, or 2 and 2?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • well dunno... only got 4 views so far about your thing in GSC. FRLG and RS at least got views althought there are hardly any replies. ._.;

1 202 and 3 386 I guess... But that's just me because I'm use to 386.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Mana Lugia said:
    Toothache: I'm not very sure on item clause, because in the few tournaments that I've seen that included it, most of the competitors were complaining about the clause =/

Yeah, that's cos they can't use their Skarmbliss effectively enough :-p Or whatever physical + special tank combination. Too many strategies rely on items, rather than the actual abilities of the Pokemon itself. Besides, using Lefties on everyone reduces too much risk. At the end of the day, it's a battle, and battles are meant to have risk.

I think the people were upset because they actually had to try and think about their Pokemon a bit more, instead of just saying - oh, let's just put Leftovers on, free infinite healing. Plenty of strategies revolve around the abuse of Leftovers (I do it myself, but only in order to keep up with the rest. I don't like it, but there's no choice).

Think of in game battles. How many trainers do you see with Leftovers on, especially on EVERY Pokemon?Almost none. The only ones I've seen are in the Battle Towers, and rarely at that.

I say, if you're a good trainer, then you don't need Leftovers on every Pokemon. Let's add a bit more strategy to the game, competitive battling is meant to be about strategy after all. Besides, berry using Pokemon are often more scary and powerful than Leftovers abusing ones.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Yes well...one I read the two words Item Clause a page back I changed my items right away so I can used to it and figure out which items to use.

And I have never even seen a trainer use leftovers in-game. So you do have a point about the lefty thing.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Actually, Skarmbliss is just as bad without that leftovers (and in fact they arent' as deadly as chestoSkarm). In fact, leftovers is NOT the main thing about the item clause, but another item...

lum berry.

It is probably affected a lot worse than leftovers. You at most use 2 leftovers in a team looking at the standard OU. However, lum berry is spammed a lot worse. Fast Pokemon such as Alakazam, Gengar and Aerodactyls all rely on lum berry to protect themselves from losing the precious speed. Dragon dancers need lum berry to heal off the power reduce from burnt, and the speed reduce from thunder wave.

If you failed to overcome 1/16 hp heal (wow 15 turns or more to heal back to full hp! Wow even Shuckle crawled across Canada by then), then it's not the user of leftovers who are lacking on skill... perhaps it is you.

Just how many items in this game are even usable?
    -leftovers
    -lum berry
    -quick claw
    -salac berry
    -choice band
    -white herb (ring ring ring! Psychoboost, superpower or overheat!)

I've pretty much listen them all now... there are the occassional chesto berry for chesto rest, and the more rare liechi and petaya berry (these two berries didn't get listed because they're a lot more situational, and hardly ever gets activated without sub... aka why not just salac reversal them?).

Item clause forces every team to have an overheater to free up an item slot and change it to white herb. Item clause *forces* a lot of people to use certain Pokemon, and in the end it will reduce the amount of different strategies out there. What do you want to use? 1.1 boosters?

Mana Lugia

Years
  • Well, when PE2K had their war that's still going on, the Netbattle section's rules mandated Item clause, so ppl who participated would know how IC is like. My team, for example, had Choice band, Shell bell, Chesto, Lum, Leftovers and Quick claw. Dunno about others...

And toothache: I think the point is to encourage ppl to join, not to scorn and turn them away =P

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
  • well, I could go GSC, cause all my guys r from G/S/C cept 4 Latias. I'm not sure about moves, i never was too good at GSC moves. And then i could say bye bye to ChestoSkarm. Meh, scratch that. I'll stick to R/S. Also, have ne other forums responded to the idea?

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    I'll tell you why I dont like Netbattle and RSBot

Attacks that have effects that should last for 2-5 turns have lasted up to 13 for me

And I don't appreciate you bashing my bloody forums and the members there because of a few newbies

You say I should take responsibility for the person making bed sets? HELLO I DID

Christ

Last edited:
    Years
  • GSC: Standard uber ban (Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh), slp clause, OHKO ban, Legends Clause (Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Entei, Suicune, Raikou, Curselax, Hypnosis Misdreavus, Growth Eeveelution, Celebi are defined as Legends)

RS 202: Sleep clause, standard uber ban (Kyogre, Groundon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Jirachi, Lati@s with Soul Dew), OHKO ban, Wobbuffet Ban, Legends clause (Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Lati@s without Soul Dew are defined as Legends)

RS 303: Sleep clause, standard uber ban (Kyogre, Groundon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Jirachi, Lati@s with Soul Dew, Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh), OHKO ban, Wobbuffet Ban, Legends Clause (Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Lati@s without Soul Dew, Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Celebi)

don't get what you mean by Standard uber ban and the Standard uber ban
    can some please explain thxs RS 202 etc thxs
    so we can have 1 latios and 1 latios?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • lol... then Masa was right. You played a beta version. In those versions, you aren't supposed to be "playing" but playing to TEST FOR BUGS. If you got affected by moves that should only last for 2-5 turns for 13 turns, send in a bug report... >>;

NetbattleRS is only completely finished for a month or so. All the previous version is beta and is only released for the sake of testing for bugs. Well... somebody didn't read the Read-Me files >>;

Mana Lugia

Years
  • Serebii said:
    I'll tell you why I dont like Netbattle and RSBot

Attacks that have effects that should last for 2-5 turns have lasted up to 13 for me
    Unless you played like a haunted version of RSBot, RSBot's moves have NEVER lasted up to 13 turns. Can you provide proof, or are you just windblowing because you have no evidence to go on? As for Netbattle, it's funny how that bug was never reported (GOOD JOB BEING RESPONSIBLE) and yet it's not a bug anyways. Nice one, making up lies :o

And I don't appreciate you bashing my bloody forums and the members there because of a few newbies
    First off, nobody's bashing your forums, you're making it look bad all on your own. Anyways, regarding the whole "serebii forums would rather ask everyone's fav pokemon" thing, it's true. Just go to the sections and take a look. And since the mods are uptight like they're having wedgies, posting the same thread in 2 diff forums would mean an autoban for me.

You say I should take responsibility for the person making bed sets? HELLO I DID
    How about before? You know, most companies do interview and pick out the best candidates before hiring. You seem to have just randomly taken someone and then only fixed it when he screwed up. That's not much of responsibility right there.

Christ
    Sorry, Atheist.

FYI, this multi turn bug, uh, do you have an exact time? say uh, maybe 2 years ago, perhaps? That would have been around the time Sub prevented roar/whirlwind, and kinda ancient history.

Man, if you're gonna badmouth something, at least do your homework >_>

Last edited:
    Back