• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

poochyena

Status
Not open for further replies.

nisel97

Drew The Red Poochyena
    Years
    poochyena is so cute but no one pays attention to him
    (this website won't let me post an image so can someone post a cute picture of poochyena?)

Pumpkin Fields

King of Carrot Flowers
    Years
    I never really liked Poochyena. Well, I guess I don't dislike him, but he always slips my mind.
    Pssh, you want to know what it's like to love a forgotten Pokemon? Try being a Masquerain fan. :P

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    What's a Masquerain? :P

What's worse is having never owned one....damn Sapphire-only pokémon....

Na, Poochyena is awesome, as is Mightyena.

poochyena

poochyena

Poochyena's Sugimori art is better....the lighting looks slightly off on Mightyena...

nm legend

Years
    ^^^^^ wow that mightyena picture looks awesome!!!.... i mite have to train one now...

nisel97

Drew The Red Poochyena
    Years
    im a big poochyena fan. even on my deviantart i post a lot of poochyena art

edit: @amore isn't masquirain the evolution of sirskit(if that's how you spell it) though im not a fan of water type or flying type pokemon

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    People forget it because of the Rattata Syndrome. It's an early-game pokemon that's found nearly everywhere and doesn't evolve to be particularly powerful. Technically, Zigzagoon is the more radical example from Hoenn, but Poochyena also qualifies. :/

Ayselipera

When I saw Poochyena during my first run of the third generation I thought it was a wonderful addition to the bird and normal type Pokemon duo* that you usually first encounter. After catching one and then evolving it into a Mightyena I found it to be a rather weak Pokemon. When compared to Zigzagoon a Pokemon that can be found as early as Poochyena you can see where the 'forgetting' of Poochyena begins.

Although they have the same base stat total Linoone has the upper hand. Mightyena might have the attack, but Linoone has the speed and an attack that it can get by with. Not to mention Zigzagoon is a much more useful HM slave then Poochyena.

*Kanto: Pidgey + Rattata, Johto: Hoothoot + Sentret, Sinnoh: Starly + Bidoof

yea poochyena is a coolest dog ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Poochyena is mostly to my knowledge based off of a hyena and hyenas are actually more related to felines then canines. Although to be more correct they are neither canines or felines. They are part of their own distinct family. FuN fAcT~

Last edited:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Couldn't you just note this in the 'What's your favourite Pokmon' thread? I don't see this creating much discussion, sorry.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back