• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I can only think of a handful of things, but here they are:

+~+ - Being Able To Edit The Entire Overworld at once

+~+ - Select, Click, and Drag Abilities, so you can move say a gym or pokemon center from one area to another area of the Overworld map (also allowing for moving events from one area of the Overworld to another part)

+~+ - Making All the tile sets work together (many places I wish to create I can't create to the way I wish)

that's all I can think of at the moment, but all of those would be extremely helpful for most people.
    1. More description?
    2. You can - Ctrl + Right Click and drag allows you to drag things from anywhere with tiles. :\ Moving multiple events would be cool, though.
    3. That's quite ridiculously hard. :\

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    anything close to a release date??
    just wondering, do you have a time frame of when it would be out

and in my last post im sorry i didnt use the form so (sorry re-post) fixed

What: Built in script editor
    Description:an easy to use script editor, compiler and burner with no outside programs Like called AMScript or somthing
    importance: 7 not to im portant but i would love/appreciate it, it would make it a lot easyier for noobs to AM, even thoe AM takes like 10 Minutes to figure everything out

P.S. MOD delete my last post please its one page back, this one is more proper for this thread

OMG YEAH 15th Post Go ME

Why should it not be an "outside program" ??? (only one [creater an burner in one])

1.+~+ - Being Able To Edit The Entire Overworld at once

2. +~+ - Select, Click, and Drag Abilities, so you can move say a gym or pokemon center from one area to another area of the Overworld map (also allowing for moving events from one area of the Overworld to another part)

3. +~+ - Making All the tile sets work together (many places I wish to create I can't create to the way I wish)

that's all I can think of at the moment, but all of those would be extremely helpful for most people.

1. what do you mean exactly there? move all people events at once? please more descriptions...

2. what is the different to the Great Block function (Ctrl + rightclick)?

3. what do you mean with "work together" ? please more descriptions...

i had no possibility to start my pc in last 7 days, so i can not work on AdvanceMap.

and no, i have no idea when i could releas the new version.
    as i say many times before: it will come when it come.
    if i would know a date, or a time period, when it come, i would say it!

so i will now no more questions about when it come!!!

greetz LU-HO

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
    I haz a problemz. I resized a map, but when I try to enter it.. it freezes up and the screen goes black.

I have 1.92 and it is a Firered Rom

I posted this earlier, lu-ho said to insert a map over it, I found out that it happens when you shrink a map, mostly on fire red, it never happened to me on ruby. also, sometimes when I add wild pokemon data to the maps, some of the pokemon are the same on two of the ways to find them.
    ie:
    Fishing
    1.MAGIKARP
    2.magikarp
    3.goldeen
    4.horsea
    etc

surf
    1.MAGIKARP
    2.psyduck
    3.lotad
    4.wingull

*note*
    this is not the exact list that I used, and it can happen with any two slots, but in the example the ones in caps are the ones that are the same. when I change 1 the other changes too, and sometimes 1 goes back to selectapokemon but when I change it, the other changes with it.

also an idea for a new function.

ability to have add more wild pokemon to the wild in a map, instead of predetermined amounts
    5\10

ability to edit how many slots (in the fishing wild pokemon tab) go to each rod
    10\10
    (10 is the least, right?)

ability to put wild pokemon after chimeco into the wild pokemon tab (chimeco's hex number is after deoxys)
    10\10
    (assuming 10 is the lowest)(I don't need it now but someone might like it)

Last edited:

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
    Years

+~+ - Being Able To Edit The Entire Overworld at once

+~+ - Select, Click, and Drag Abilities, so you can move say a gym or pokemon center from one area to another area of the Overworld map (also allowing for moving events from one area of the Overworld to another part)

+~+ - Making All the tile sets work together (many places I wish to create I can't create to the way I wish)

1. what do you mean exactly there? move all people events at once? please more descriptions...

2. what is the different to the Great Block function (Ctrl + rightclick)?

3. what do you mean with "work together" ? please more descriptions...

i had no possibility to start my pc in last 7 days, so i can not work on AdvanceMap.

and no, i have no idea when i could releas the new version.
    as i say many times before: it will come when it come.
    if i would know a date, or a time period, when it come, i would say it!

so i will now no more questions about when it come!!!

greetz LU-HO

1.What I mean about being able to edit the entire overworld at once is this:

Having the option to view the entire region at once, for the ability to move events or buildings to other areas of the region, even if it's only outside of the normal map where it would reside, or if it's to be moved to the other side of the region all together.

2. I mean more so that when you grab an entire area, that you also grab the events and movement properties, as to more easily move it without havign to go from one tab to another to redo all of the movement properties, and then to another to move all of the events.

3. what I mean is that alot of the tiles sets will not work together and cause one of the two sets (sometimes both) to become extremely glitched.

In My Opinion the first of the things i mentioned is most important and then the third of those i listed, followed lastly by the second thing mentioned.

~Engel Der Risse

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2009
    what: A templete for scripts,people event and signpost. Just put in the "numbers"

Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    What: An outline on the map for the Grosser Block function.
    Description: When using Grosser Block it creates an outline under your cursor so you have more precision when pasting the block.
    Importance: 5

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    What: Pokemart Item Adder
    Description: Able to add more items to a pokemart
    Importance: 8

That is a Scripting/Hex thing... A-Mart is for that... look it up okkies? Or Hex edit... you know, bytes-n-stuff...

I thought of a nice feature you could have in Advance Map...
    Movement Permission - Tile Relativity.

When you place a tile, it automatically has a movement permission that would make sense attached to it.
    Example:
    If I place a tree, it will automatically place a movement permission of 1 on it, grass will have C, water will have 4... each movement permission can be customized in the movement permission Tab still, but this will help speed things along, for making large areas, like forests, or caves, allowing for a speedier build, and less time taking, setting movement permissions all the time.

I'd give this one a 5/10 , kinda great, but not exactly needed.

I got another one, AUTO SAVE.
    I gave this idea to HackMew for XSE, and I also think this would be a good function here...

3/10 (Because my Computer has Crashing problems, and I seem to lose alot of work that way... an auto save will help me out especially!)

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years

I thought of a nice feature you could have in Advance Map...
    Movement Permission - Tile Relativity.

When you place a tile, it automatically has a movement permission that would make sense attached to it.
    Example:
    If I place a tree, it will automatically place a movement permission of 1 on it, grass will have C, water will have 4... each movement permission can be customized in the movement permission Tab still, but this will help speed things along, for making large areas, like forests, or caves, allowing for a speedier build, and less time taking, setting movement permissions all the time.

I'd give this one a 5/10 , kinda great, but not exactly needed.
    This has already been asked.

LU-HO said:
    this will not possible, because each Tileset is different, and there is nowhere a information what would be the "usual" value for Movement Permission

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I've got one.

The ability to select all particular tiles (for example water) and change the movement permission of all similar tiles into one thing on the open map.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    WHAT: Paint Map importer
    DESCRIPTION: Maybe make a function where you can import maps made in paint to AM.
    IMPORTANCE: 7/10

Who is so stupid and paint a full Map in MS Paint @.o?
    this function will make sense if you want import a Map, that someone has post in a forum as an image.
    and i will not support thieves...

or is there any other need for such a function?

What : automatic pallete fixer
    Description:if you insert tiles the pallets get messed up sometimes .And it will save time :)
    Importance:8/10

and what would such a "palette fixer" do exactly ???

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back