• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PI Hudson

Can be random for hugs> PIE!!!
Years
  • Assign/Change/Remove Shortcut/Keystroke

What - Assign/Change/Remove Shortcut/Keystroke commands
    Description - Assign/Change/Remove Shortcuts(Ctrl+Z=Events tab)/Keystrokes(Left click in map tab=paste map tile)
    Here is what it probably would look like.
    Spoiler:
    Importance - 9(not needed, but for certain users, they cannot use the middle click button)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • What - Assign/Change/Remove Shortcut/Keystroke commands
    Description - Assign/Change/Remove Shortcuts(Ctrl+Z=Events tab)/Keystrokes(Left click in map tab=paste map tile)
    Here is what it probably would look like.
    Spoiler:
    Importance - 9(not needed, but for certain users, they cannot use the middle click button)

WOWIE! That is an amazing Idea! I love to customize my commands, and this would make things so much easier and faster for my map making, I am going to add this to my personal MUST HAVE list and give it a 2/10.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • How about a new way to set which warp leads to where (so we don't have to confuse ourselves with the warp's address).

How about in the warps' event tab, instead of the Warp to bit and the data underneath, a new window opens up and we can browse through out maps and when we find the warp we want to connect to, we douuble click and done! We connected warps in a more relaxing way :P

And, please stop repointing maps if they are the same size or smaller than the original map (as in lenght x width = original map's length x width) when we try and resize them.

Importance 7/10 = They would be nice to have :)

AaronB

Noob Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2009
    What: A title screen editor.
    Description: would just import a .gif file made in paint etc if it is the right size and put it into the rom without all the complicated stuff (if thats possible)
    Example:
    Put a big pic of a squirtle say, if it takes up the full size then the title screen will just be a big squirtle
    Importance: 5

Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    What: A title screen editor.
    Description: would just import a .gif file made in paint etc if it is the right size and put it into the rom without all the complicated stuff (if thats possible)
    Example:
    Put a big pic of a squirtle say, if it takes up the full size then the title screen will just be a big squirtle
    Importance: 5
    ITS A MAP EDITOR!!!!!!! There are already ways to edit the titlescreen, and a map editor won't be one of them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    advance map new functions

Sorry if these have already been mentioned but here are my ideas (I'm new here).

What: The possibility of changing the titlescreen.
    Example: Say for Ruby it has Groudon (with it's cry) and a Red background I'd like to be able to change it to lets say a Mew or Mewtwo and change its cry, also the possibility of changing the introduction screen so that people that have helped with the hack can be given credit.
    Importance:7/10

What: The possiblility of changing the music.
    Example: Like in Zel's Shiny Gold hack I'd like to be able to import the music for the wild pokemon, trainers or the Maps, from say Emerald to FireRed.
    Importance: 8/10

What: Change and add new regional maps.
    Example: As the example you gave LUHO i'd like to possibly be able to expand on how many regional maps the ROM has say 4 (FireRed) to 5/6 so I can add the Johto and Hoenn Regional Maps and yet still keep the Islands.
    Importance: 9/10

What: The possibility of importing Tilesets new or used in a different ROM.
    Example: The possibility of adding or importing a single or some tileset/s from Emerald to FireRed or vice versa would be highly beneficial to myself and those who don't know how to do it or if its even possible (do it from a file such as a BMP, or any other type of file like it).

Thats all I can think of right now so if anyone has already thought of these I do apologise and you have some very good ideas. :)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Sorry if these have already been mentioned but here are my ideas (I'm new here).

What: The possibility of changing the titlescreen.
    Example: Say for Ruby it has Groudon (with it's cry) and a Red background I'd like to be able to change it to lets say a Mew or Mewtwo and change its cry, also the possibility of changing the introduction screen so that people that have helped with the hack can be given credit.
    Importance:7/10

That's already possible with tools we have. Adding this function to a map editor (which has nothing to do with it) will not be useful at all. If you're having trouble with this, there are plenty of tutorials already. :/

What: The possiblility of changing the music.
    Example: Like in Zel's Shiny Gold hack I'd like to be able to import the music for the wild pokemon, trainers or the Maps, from say Emerald to FireRed.
    Importance: 8/10

Again, this can already be achieved by other tools, and has no use in a mapping tool.

What: Change and add new regional maps.
    Example: As the example you gave LUHO i'd like to possibly be able to expand on how many regional maps the ROM has say 4 (FireRed) to 5/6 so I can add the Johto and Hoenn Regional Maps and yet still keep the Islands.

I really doubt that you can do that in the first place, considering the amount of space within a ROM. Adding in two regions (i.e. Kanto and Johto, for GSC remakes) is already nearly pushing the FireRed ROM to it's limits. Changing the maps aren't nearly as impossible, seeing as you can basically do the same thing as with titlescreens. :)

What: The possibility of importing Tilesets new or used in a different ROM.
    Example: The possibility of adding or importing a single or some tileset/s from Emerald to FireRed or vice versa would be highly beneficial to myself and those who don't know how to do it or if its even possible (do it from a file such as a BMP, or any other type of file like it).

You can already import tiles from FireRed to Emerald using the block editor. Or, you can just rip the tiles out and insert them into a FireRed tileset. Either way, this would be pointless as well. :/

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
  • less tile errors,
    when sometimes make maps
    some of the tiles in vba dont show up

btw are there any chance of adding 228 bit tiles?? support

Last edited:

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
  • I think I speak for many of the rom hackers that I'd LOVE some way to edit D/P tiles
    like, Edit the Maps of a D/P rom, at least for now, since I got into rom hacking Ive been waiting
    for this to come out,it HAS to happen lol, think about it, playing YOUR hack on youre DS/DSi when
    you walk into Eterna city andit looks totally different, that'd just be absolutely fantastic, it has to happen

Importance: 10+

NatureKeeper

1- Create a new map on the desired empty offset.
    *This will help adding new cities, towns, dungeons, maps without having to replace\remap older ones.
    Significance: 4\5

2-WorldMap Image Editor.
    *This will help editing the World Map Image without having to deal with raws or any other tiles.
    Significance: 2

3-Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald Border Block expanding function.
    *Allows R\S\E to have larger border blocks for giving larger trees, rocks or any other material enough border block space.
    Significance: 1

4-Out-of-Map Events Gatherer.
    *Allows the player to put all events that are outside the map in the topleft corner to be able to organise it.
    Significance: 10

5-Easy Tile Inserter.
    *Allows the Player to import or export tilesets easier, I'm facing trouble inserting a single tree's tiles.
    Significance: 1\2

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • I think I speak for many of the rom hackers that I'd LOVE some way to edit D/P tiles
    like, Edit the Maps of a D/P rom, at least for now, since I got into rom hacking Ive been waiting
    for this to come out,it HAS to happen lol, think about it, playing YOUR hack on youre DS/DSi when
    you walk into Eterna city andit looks totally different, that'd just be absolutely fantastic, it has to happen

Importance: 10+

STOP ASKING FOR DS COMPATIBILITY, THIS IS THE MILLIONTH TIME!
    READ THE THREAD (I can tell you didn't since you said 10+, and 10+ means it is not important at all, since Lu-Ho decided to make 1 most important, and 10 least important.)
    STOP WASTING POST SPACE AND READ THE POSTS.

On a lighter note, how about a function to move a map from one offset to another.
    Importance = 9

Or what about Map copying, say, you choose a map bank, and number, and it copies it to another map bank/number.

importance = 8

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • What: That the program will be available for other roms.
    Description: I'm not talking about roms like the chinese version of Pokémon Emerald, I'm talking about G/S/C games, that have a map editors very poors in comparation with the GBA games.
    Importance: 9 for the GBC hackers.

Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Since A-map was written using some soure from GoldMap, that might actually be possible.
    I doubt it will happen though, since as it has been pointed out before, this is Advancemap, for advance gen games.

Years
  • But the GAME BOY ADVANCE also can use GAME BOY COLOR games. Also it will be very easy, I think. If it's based in Gold map, what are the problem? It will be a very good tool for GBC-hackers that will be augment the level of the metallic hacks.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • But the GAME BOY ADVANCE also can use GAME BOY COLOR games. Also it will be very easy, I think. If it's based in Gold map, what are the problem? It will be a very good tool for GBC-hackers that will be augment the level of the metallic hacks.

This is ONLY for gba Pokemon games.

I have an idea, a function to assign an OW to a number because OWs after 151 aren't displayed correctly in-game because of their properties. With this feature we can make newly added OWs appear on a map, by placing them over the slots of OWs that we don't need.

Importance 7/10 - Nice to have but not completely necessary.

Vednix

:D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    Ok. here Two:

What: Rectangle Tool
    Description: Along with the basic free hand in whihc you place the tiles, perhaps by holding down something like shift you can make a rectangle? one that filled in wiht the block you chose.
    Importance: 5 //It would be nice to put in, and its also might help fill in a map easily.

What: Select more than 1 block
    Description: Basically, in the right hand side where the blocks are, perhaps you can highlight more than one and then a red box appears in the tile placing window next to it with a red outline on the blocks you selected. This would make it easier for people to get a group of tiles and place them in.
    Important: 4 //Rather important, as it can benefit a lot of people.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • @CrystallineSeraphim: what do you mean with "Adding Headers"????

@dragonarche: when VBA don't show the Tiles, where is the error, in AdvanceMap? oder in your thinking how the Tilesets work in the Game?
    if you think it is in AdvanceMap, than describe exactly what is wrong, and SHOW it with a screen.

@Vednix and all Others:
    Subset of Readme English.txt

*** Hot Keys ***
    The hotkeys are visible once you click on the menus, right behind the description.

Here we'll quickly explain most frequently needed hot keys.

Map view:
    ------------
    Left mouse button => Draw current block / Stamp.
    Middle mouse button => Fill tool, replace all connected blocks of the same type with another.
    Right mouse button => Select hovered block as current.

Ctrl/Strg + Left mouse button => Draw current block.
    Ctrl/Strg + Middle mouse button => Fill tool, replace all connected blocks of the same type with another.
    Ctrl/Strg + Right mouse button => Select big block, on click and select the selected area will be shown in a new window.

Map view - Block palette:
    -------------------------
    Left mouse button => Select hovered block as current.
    Middle mouse button => Select hovered block as current.

Ctrl/Strg + Left mouse button => Select hovered block as current.
    Ctrl/Strg + Middle mouse button => Select hovered block as current.
    Ctrl/Strg + Right mouse button => Select big block, on click and select the selected area will be shown in a new window.

Movement permissions:
    -----------------
    Left mouse button => Draw current block.
    Middle mouse button => Fill tool, replace all connected blocks of the same type with another.

Ctrl/Strg + Left mouse button => Draw current block.
    Ctrl/Strg + Middle mouse button => Fill tool, replace all connected blocks of the same type with another.
    Ctrl/Strg + Right mouse button => Select hovered block as current.

Movement permission palette:
    ---------------------------------
    Left mouse button => Select hovered block as current.
    Middle mouse button => Select hovered block as current.

Ctrl/Strg + Left mouse button => Select hovered block as current.
    Ctrl/Strg + Middle mouse button => Select hovered block as current.
    Ctrl/Strg + Right mouse button => Select hovered block as current.

Event view:
    --------------
    Left mouse button => Select top event on position/move
    Middle mouse button => Select top event on position (no moving)
    Right mouse button => Select lowest event on position/move

Ctrl/Strg + Left mouse button => Select top event on position/move
    Ctrl/Strg + Middle mouse button => Select top event on position (no moving)
    Ctrl/Strg + Right mouse button => Select lowest event on position/move

Left mouse button double click => Select top event on position and open in script editor
    Middle mouse button double click => Select top event on position and open in script editor
    Right mouse button double click => Select lowest event on position and open in script editor

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back