• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    What: DS rom support(if possible)

Please refrain from spamming.
    This feature has been requested many times already, and the answer has been given.
    This will NOT be a feature added into A-Map.
    Reason, this is ADVANCE map,
    not Advance/DS Map.
    You know... Game Boy ADVANCEd... Make sense?
    Anyways, here is a feature suggestion...

More Dynamic Search features
    Capability to search by:
    Length
    Width
    Overall Size
    TileSet
    Alphabetical (A-Z)
    Reverse Alphabetical (Z-A)

And a Group Name Searcher, to allow the entry of a Map name into a text box, and A-Map will automatically highlight the map in the list, depending on it's filter type.
    (For instance, when having the maps ordered by Bank, a person can type in the map bank and map number, and that map will be highlighted, and while searching for names, you can type in the map's name, and the group of maps named that will be highlighted.)

Importance: 7

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
    I have a glitch

if you put too many maps in a map bank, the ones you inserted get deleted or unusable sometimes (I only got this problem with map bank 00 so far so that might be the only one that does this, it could be because nintendo made it so if hackers try to add a lot of maps, the game will make them unusable)

nofamenogame

POKEMON WRATH OF GREATNESS
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2012
    tileset

how do u insert PNG's

for example say if i saw a tileset on a fourm and i copied and pasted it
    how would i be able to use it in advance map

im a noob by the way lol

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
    Ability to edit teleport locations.
    This will help get rid of glitches, like the infamous shiny gold kanto glitch, and the one in liquid crystal that allows you to get to the whirl islands in beta 1.

impotance:
    5/10
    I personally don't move the fly spots to other maps, I don't want teleport glitches in my hack, and this is the only way (that I know of) that prevents that

Ability to see the trainers face the way they would in-game.

importance:

2/10
    (1 is the lowest...right?)
    why:
    Some hackers make it so different sprites use the same ... whatever its called, and this makes it so they look completely different when it faces another way, and this will save the time it takes to open up a sprite editor, and look through every single sprite until they find the one they want.

Ability to "bookmark" maps
    0.5/10
    (yes 0.5 not 5 its just not that important...to me...)
    reason:
    don't you hate it when you make a map, then close a-map, and forget where it is? well now (if you take this suggestion) you can "mark" a map so that it is easily accessed, and easy to find.

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
    Years
    Having the ability to script in the advance map itself possibly like rpg maker xp...
    Reason: If it is possible, it can help many people finish their hacks more quickly...
    IMPORTANCE: 7/10

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Having the ability to script in the advance map itself possibly like rpg maker xp...
    Reason: If it is possible, it can help many people finish their hacks more quickly...
    IMPORTANCE: 7/10

No it won't.

It won't make it any faster than selecting to open scripts in XSE and scripting from there.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    Ability to edit teleport locations.
    This will help get rid of glitches, like the infamous shiny gold kanto glitch, and the one in liquid crystal that allows you to get to the whirl islands in beta 1.

impotance:
    5/10
    I personally don't move the fly spots to other maps, I don't want teleport glitches in my hack, and this is the only way (that I know of) that prevents that

Ok... I really wish people would learn to use the sethealingplace command. This is not a bug in a-map. This command (to my knowledge) tells the game where to go when you faint or teleport. In the case of this game it always points to a fly event. If you say sethealingplace 6 when you faint or teleport it will take you to the fly event 6. I'm using xse (because it's the best) as the script editor in this example.You could easily do it in any other script editor to. please correct me if any of this is wrong. Anyway... I don't know if I have already stated this but...

what: A movement permission paster.
    descripton: You may think that this is just like other ideas that have been stated but it's not. You have a tileset with all the blocks not movement permisions im the movement permission tab. You can place permissions normally or you could click on the 1 permission and then click on some block (8e for this example) and it would place 1 on every block 8e on the map.
    importance:3/10 really helpful for lazy people like me.XD

Last edited:

Giratina the master

A Member looking for ROM help
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2010
    Well a search would be nice so you dont need to get looking in all the mapsit could look like
    Search:
    Map bank:
    Map:
    Name

able to fly to inputed areas

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    What: Import/Export Wild Pokémon Data
    Description: Exporting wild pokémon data to a file so you can import it in any other maps or ROMs.
    Importance: 10

Last edited:

nofamenogame

POKEMON WRATH OF GREATNESS
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2012
    Hello together

I will start to makle the next version of AdvanceMap soon.
    I have done nothing since 3 month...

For the next version i ask you:
    Which function will you have in the next AdvanceMap? Say what your ideas are.

I make an Example and say what i will insert ;-)

What: Change the images of WorldMap
    Description: upgrading the WorldMap-Editor, so you can change all 4 Images (Main and island). You have only to paint the image, and AdvanceMap make the Worldmap-Tileset and the WorldMap- Map and insert them.
    Importance: 3 //(1-10, 1=Very Important, 10=nice to have)

You can also descript many Ideas in one Post.

Please do not discuss about the ideas of others, also it you think this are vary bad, or you think i will not insert them. Let this be my opinion.

There will come a poll for voting the ideas later. (new Thread)

PS: the title is pool (not poll) because the voting is in a later Thread, here you can say your ideas in a ideas-pool ^^

Greetz LU-HO
    could you make tileinserting easier for noobz
    like can u get rid of the pallet colour thingy so we can insert them without getting bad colours

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    It would be good if we didn't have to repoint the tileset sometimes it we insert new tiles in it because it has a set size and all we do is replace bytes in the tileset, not add more :P

Importance 5/10

Also, stop repointing maps if the get shrunk

Importance 4/10

DJ. Yabup 99

This is my old account.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    Platinum compatibility importance: 1

sorry, i know it is a huge request but i need one compatible with platinum to start making my immense hack that i have already designed the storyline for and some of the new sprites. You will be able to go through all of the regions and a new one!

Undo Button importance: 2

Paint Brush / Fill to make drawing new tiles over a large area faster importance 6.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    Firstly, this is ADVANCE Map. Not PLAT Map. It's for the Advance generation. Lu-Ho may or may not make a D/P/Pt map editor, but that will come when even more stuff about maps and textures is found.

It's not as easy for D/P/Pt because it's 3D.

I pretty much said the same earlier on this page. People are disregarding reading the actual posts in the thread, and just continue to spam out messages that have been asked, and denied. It is getting old...

ANYWAYS, I have another idea...

How about the ability to add/remove the little Entrance Pictures that happen in FR/LG versions?
    You know, like if you were to enter, say, Pokemon Mansion, on Cinnabar Island...

Importance: 6/10

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    i would want a:

Undo/Redo Button-importance 9/10
    Ability to edit the flying position-9/10
    ability to add new map names-10/10
    zoom in/zoom out map -5/10

thats all i want...

Status