• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
    I think a good option, now that I know there is at least one colour-blind user of advancemap, would be to allow a tileset "overlay" (with a checkbox to toggle, of course).
    Somebody could create a bitmap with overlays for the tiles in it (so it is their own, they'll understand it) and if the option is selected in AdvanceMap, it would overlay each tile with the corresponding portion of the bitmap.
    I'd give this a 3 on a scale of 1-10, 1 being important.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years

SierraTDI

Cody?! where are you???
    Years
    Which tests what? How? Does it copy the ROM, compile to that, change the start map of the ROM, and run it? Or does it run the ROM as-is? Or does it check to see if there are any anomalies with the tiling (assuming default tilesets)?
    a test button because to see if thears any mistakes or bugs

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    ^ You didn't really answer the question. What kind of mistakes or bugs?

A thing like that would be quite hard to input.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
    glitch

well, this is a image of the glitch w/ stuff that points out what's happening because I couldn't figure out how to im you a image:

an idea for a new function for a-map is the ability to use ALL the fly spots in r/s, because as of now, 3 fly spots are unusable for flying in game (the ones in each of the player's potential houses, and the other gender's littleroot flyspot) because that way hackers will be able to make hacks with more fly spots.

oh and for the mistakes and bugs question, he probably meant tileset errors, and errors w/ putting the scripts in the game

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
    What: A Scirpting function
    Description: Like have a script editor tab where yo can write scripts and compile them. also have a script base function that you can chose to make a base of the script your writing to add syuff to it
    Importance:2
    Or maybe we could embed our script editor of choice in a "scripts" tab. That way LU-Ho the creator of advance map which is not a script editing program would not have to do an entirely new program. IDK if my suggestion is possible but it is more realistic (in my opinion) than yours. I would prefer this because I get annoyed with xp putting another bar on my taskbar every time I click "open script"

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    well, this is a image of the glitch w/ stuff that points out what's happening because I couldn't figure out how to im you a image:

an idea for a new function for a-map is the ability to use ALL the fly spots in r/s, because as of now, 3 fly spots are unusable for flying in game (the ones in each of the player's potential houses, and the other gender's littleroot flyspot) because that way hackers will be able to make hacks with more fly spots.

oh and for the mistakes and bugs question, he probably meant tileset errors, and errors w/ putting the scripts in the game

OK, now i understand what you mean, i will try to fix this ;-)

Years
    What: Re-arange blocks
    Description: The blocks created from tiles could be re aranged on the list.
    Example:
    Importance: 4

-GiЯ

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • G IR
    • Earth
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    ??????

anything close to a release date??
    just wondering, do you have a time frame of when it would be out

and in my last post im sorry i didnt use the form so (sorry re-post) fixed

What: Built in script editor
    Description:an easy to use script editor, compiler and burner with no outside programs Like called AMScript or somthing
    importance: 7 not to im portant but i would love/appreciate it, it would make it a lot easyier for noobs to AM, even thoe AM takes like 10 Minutes to figure everything out

P.S. MOD delete my last post please its one page back, this one is more proper for this thread

OMG YEAH 15th Post Go ME

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I haz a problemz. I resized a map, but when I try to enter it.. it freezes up and the screen goes black.

I have 1.92 and it is a Firered Rom

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I haz a problemz. I resized a map, but when I try to enter it.. it freezes up and the screen goes black.

I have 1.92 and it is a Firered Rom
    This is...uh...not the place for problems with AM. This is for new addons...
    Well, just re-insert the map.
    Press the "insert" button somewhere up the top.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    LU-OH, I'm merging your two threads (the main one and the bug report one) to preserve them against the revival rules.
    Actually, this is a BUG thread, and I wanted to know if it was a BUG causing the screen to go black and how I could fix that BUG if it was a BUG.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Actually, this is a BUG thread, and I wanted to know if it was a BUG causing the screen to go black and how I could fix that BUG if it was a BUG.

Bugs are actual problems with AM - not with what you did to the game. Although, LU-HO might want to look that up a bit to avoid causing that.
    Anyway, I already fixed it for you.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    Feature: A Connection Offset Previewer
    Explanation: In the "Connections" window, there could be a button that allows us to see a preview of the map we are setting the offsets of, like, the Program loads up the 2 maps involved with the particular connection, and it displays them in the order they are going to be in. (If it is a down connection, the Map currently Being edited would be above the map being connected to, if the connection is a left connection, the map being edited is to the right.)
    Then as you edit the Connection Offset, the maps shown slide up and down, so we can see the connection being made, instead of doing the math, and trying to match the maps together perfectly.
    Importance: 2 - 4 (Varies to the person, I am with a 2 on this one)

-GiЯ

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • G IR
    • Earth
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    WHAT-UNDO BUTTON
    Explanation- DUHHH
    IMPORTANCE--1010021419009148789185798%
    this would be the best addon out of anything

any progress for the new beta yet??
    any release date

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
    what: a stamp function like in elite map so u dont have to take a long time puttin in those trees!!!!
    Importance:10!!!!

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
    Years
    I can only think of a handful of things, but here they are:

+~+ - Being Able To Edit The Entire Overworld at once

+~+ - Select, Click, and Drag Abilities, so you can move say a gym or pokemon center from one area to another area of the Overworld map (also allowing for moving events from one area of the Overworld to another part)

+~+ - Making All the tile sets work together (many places I wish to create I can't create to the way I wish)

that's all I can think of at the moment, but all of those would be extremely helpful for most people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back