• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pop Culture Asylum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
  • All right, let's get this show on the road! I'll be sending out role PMs in dribs and drabs over the course of the day, with Night 0 starting at roughly 10pm GMT tonight.

I've removed six roles from the game but, to keep you on your toes, I won't reveal which ones. All I'll say is that four patients (including one cop), one Asylum staff member and one agent of chaos is no more.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

• step0002.jpg

Night 0

As the last remnants of the Amnesia Gas cleared, no one was sure what exactly had gone down. Everyone returned to their respective sleeping quarters, unsure of what the night would entail, but hopeful that a new day would bring clarity.

...yeah right. This shit already cray. Ain't it, Jay?

The game is on! Night will end approximately 24 hours from now at 10:00pm GMT. PM/Discord message me your night actions as soon as possible. And nobody order fish filet.

Rules and Mechanics

1. Please be civil to one another. This is only a game; we're not opening the Ark of the Covenant.
    2. Each day phase will last approximately 48 hours, and each night phase will last approximately 24 hours.
    3. Unless stated, you can't target yourself with your Night Action.
    4. Lynch votes must be written in the format of [#LOBOTOMISE] Username.* If you want to change your vote, you must use the format [#UNVOTE] Username. Not following this format will result in your vote not being counted.
    5. Votes for a no lynch/abstaining are NOT allowed.
    6. A tied lynch vote will result in a coin toss to determine who gets lynched.
    7. Missing two consecutive lynch votes will result in your removal from the game.
    8. Do not share PMs for any reason. If you do, you will be removed from the game immediately.
    9. All important game conversation should be kept in the game thread, or in any relevant Discord chat.
    10. If you are dead, please stay dead. Don't post or 'like' any new posts. You do get to post a single "death post" that may not contain any game-related information.
    11. Posting in the night phase is not allowed, unless stated otherwise.
    12. Any questions? I'm all ears. PM or message me on Discord (Mr Cat Dog#8817), please.
    13. Have fun! Yes, this is a rule.
    *Or lobotomize... whatever. Not going to be a grammar Nazi on this.
    The Staff and Patient List

Mr Cat Dog as the GM

Aquacorde as ???
    Bardothren as ???
    Pecilia as ???
    Johnny as ???
    Salzorrah as ???
    Lelouch as ???
    Alex Kaz as ???
    jdthebud as ???
    Abby as ???
    gimmepie as ???
    NightKrow as ???
    EvilChameleon as ???
    Nick Wilde as ???
    lloebet as ???
    Charlie Brown as ???
    Wiicked as ???
    Arsenic as ???
    Nakuzami as ???
    Seth Rollins as ???

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

• step0002.jpg

Day 1

"It's always the quiet ones who start revolutions."
    "Yeah. Think about Rosa Parks, or those English suffragettes who started movements for 'peace' and 'equality' and 'civil rights' and all that crap."
    "But she's just sitting in her room, writing poetry. There are so many more active patients we could lobotomise first."
    "No, she's definitely the silent but deadly type. I feel it in my gut."
    "OK, bring her to the room. Let's see if we can quash this rebellion at its source."

And so the remaining Asylum staff members broke down the door of Emily Dickinson and carted her off to the Lobotomy Room. She remained silent, stoic and still in the face of incredible torture, as her personality was wiped out with the flick of a switch.

Meanwhile, a number of other patients did their own sneaking around that night. The cops started their investigations; the doctors successfully visited people who didn't need saving (yet); Charles Manson recruited his first Family member; and Feathers McGraw waddled around, spreading his secrets to whomever would listen.

Salzorrah has been lobotomised. She was Emily Dickinson

Day will end approximately 48 hours from now at 10:00pm GMT. Remember to get your lobotomy votes in before the deadline. And have fun, you bunch of crazies!

Rules and Mechanics

1. Please be civil to one another. This is only a game; we're not opening the Ark of the Covenant.
    2. Each day phase will last approximately 48 hours, and each night phase will last approximately 24 hours.
    3. Unless stated, you can't target yourself with your Night Action.
    4. Lynch votes must be written in the format of [#LOBOTOMISE] Username.* If you want to change your vote, you must use the format [#UNVOTE] Username. Not following this format will result in your vote not being counted.
    5. Votes for a no lynch/abstaining are NOT allowed.
    6. A tied lynch vote will result in a coin toss to determine who gets lynched.
    7. Missing two consecutive lynch votes will result in your removal from the game.
    8. Do not share PMs for any reason. If you do, you will be removed from the game immediately.
    9. All important game conversation should be kept in the game thread, or in any relevant Discord chat.
    10. If you are dead, please stay dead. Don't post or 'like' any new posts. You do get to post a single "death post" that may not contain any game-related information.
    11. Posting in the night phase is not allowed, unless stated otherwise.
    12. Any questions? I'm all ears. PM or message me on Discord (Mr Cat Dog#8817), please.
    13. Have fun! Yes, this is a rule.
    *Or lobotomize... whatever. Not going to be a grammar Nazi on this.
    The Staff and Patient List

Mr Cat Dog as the GM

Aquacorde as ???
    Bardothren as ???
    Pecilia as ???
    Johnny as ???
    Salzorrah as Emily Dickinson
    Lelouch as ???
    Alex Kaz as ???
    jdthebud as ???
    Abby as ???
    gimmepie as ???
    NightKrow as ???
    EvilChameleon as ???
    Nick Wilde as ???
    lloebet as ???
    Charlie Brown as ???
    Wiicked as ???
    Arsenic as ???
    Nakuzami as ???
    Seth Rollins as ???

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I'm going to try and be better this game, so that by extension, everyone else is better too.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • While you're trying to be better, I'm just going to try and learn the basics.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • NK is gone already? Darn. That didn't take long. I was rather surprised to see his name tbh as I haven't seen him since 2012 in the Role Play Corner I believe it was.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • well that sucks, key maker is a nice town role.

Anyway, I wouldn't bother with trying to guess Naku's role. Given he didn't visit anyone it's more likely he's town than not, although I'm not sure if voo/agent visits or not.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • EDIT: oh, and also, this Feathers guy told me that Naku didn't visit anyone. Thought you'd like to know.

yeah I kind of haven't logged onto PC since before N0 was posted so

NK is gone already? Darn. That didn't take long. I was rather surprised to see his name tbh as I haven't seen him since 2012 in the Role Play Corner I believe it was.

hi I'm here

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Oh, I forgot:

[#LOBOTOMISE] Charlie Brown

for being the first poster.

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back