• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pope dying...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    This is a devastating day for all religious people aound the world. Pope John Paul II is dying as we speak now in the Vatican. What are your opinions of this man of God and how do you feel about his death?

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    To be perfectly honest, I don't care. It seems a little odd, yes, he's been the pope since before I was born, but I've never been one for organized religion. He impacted many lives around the world, yes, but not mine. The world could have done worse for a pope, I admire him for his actions towards reforming the Catholic Church. I wish him well in the hereafter.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    I don't really follow his beliefs.But he is a Human like all of us.So I am showing respect.

Have a great time in Heaven.I will not forget you.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    After cancer, a bullet wound, and this...I say it's time to let him die. He's done a lot of things for the church, and he's one of the longest serving popes in a couple hundred years.

Lucid

he's an old guy, 90-something, everybody's gotta go sometime, R.I.P. JPII ;;

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    Dark_Pikachu said:
    I know next to nothing about the Pope, but I'm sorry he's died.

Kylie, I advice you to post about things only if you know them. Even if you don't please read the first post of this thread. The pope is in "Coma" stage and is not dead. Please do edit your post or something.

I'm not a christian , but my friend told me that this current pope has done a lot for the community and he deserves to meet god.

~ CC

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    Well, it's not cool that he's dying I guess, but it's somebody else's turn to be a pope, God, he's been the peope for like, centuries. And he scares me.

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
    I really didn't pay attention to the pope but when he was all over the news I started paying attention. I think if he gets out of pain and gets to go to God then Rest in Peace Pope John Paul II.

Do you think he's going to become a saint?

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
    I thought on the news they have to wait 5 yrs after his death and wait for miracles.

Question, who will become the next Pope?

Anarchytekt

Techlord
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    The Pope isn't 90 yr old, he is 84, and as far as I know, the next Pope is elected by the priests at The Vatican.
    And it is sad that he has to suffer so much before he dies. I mean, as far as I know, he also has a feeding tube now, he is barely/un able to speak, he has spent almost a month or so shuttling between the hospital and the vatican... how much more can a human take?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Since he's a Christian, he should be happy for his death. Heaven is a lot better than here *understatement of the yeatr*.

But, we who haven't died will miss him terribly. I feel bad that he had to die like this, and not while sleeping or something.

I'm not Catholic, so I'm not connected to the Pope at all really...[I'm Lutheran]

Years
    I have been watching news documents about it on the TV, he's lead so many people and I'm glad so many turned up to be close to him when he died. I may not have belived in any of the things he did, but many around the world did and I felt sorry for him when he tried to make anouncments but couldn't due to his state. I say he was a great man, and the best thing for him at his stage was to die.

RIP

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    And now it's time to pick another catholic spiritual leader, again...

I've never been a big catholicism fan, and to me the Pope is just like a really popular priest and nothing more. But he was still a human being, and his death should be respected just like anyone elses I guess.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Okay, now that I have more time to write...

I saw this coming, and I couldn't really say anyone else didn't. He was in bad health, he had been in bad health and he was very old. It's natural that he would die. I'm glad that he can at least be at peace for now and not have to go through what he had been suffering the last few months.

He has done a lot for the church, and should be remembered for that I guess. Even if you're not someone of religion, you can at least accept that he did do a lot of things good, and had a lot of good will. After cancer, an assassination attempt and now this I suppose it was time for him to die. And I guess the next pope will come within a month or so. Meh...I always thought of him more as a spirital representitive then a leader.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Blue said:
    Okay, now that I have more time to write...

I saw this coming, and I couldn't really say anyone else didn't. He was in bad health, he had been in bad health and he was very old. It's natural that he would die. I'm glad that he can at least be at peace for now and not have to go through what he had been suffering the last few months.

He has done a lot for the church, and should be remembered for that I guess. Even if you're not someone of religion, you can at least accept that he did do a lot of things good, and had a lot of good will. After cancer, an assassination attempt and now this I suppose it was time for him to die. And I guess the next pope will come within a month or so. Meh...I always thought of him more as a spirital representitive then a leader.

I always thought of him as more of a mascot than someone who actually "lead" (however it is that he does that O_o) their people as well...

Back