• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PoryMap | Map Editor for the Disassembly and Decompilation Projects

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Thanks for the response, I seem to have found the problem, not sure why yesterday I wasn't getting this while using make. But this explains why nothing is changing.
attachment.php
Ideally, you should make a new thread in Decomp & Disassembly Help for things like this.
You did build agbcc and install it on that copy of Pokeemerald, yes?

ellabrella

PKMN Trainer
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Thanks for the response, I seem to have found the problem, not sure why yesterday I wasn't getting this while using make. But this explains why nothing is changing.
attachment.php

have you successfully built a ROM from this repository before, or is this your first attempt?

this is just a hunch, but it's possible you might not have agbcc installed. refer to the "installation" section of INSTALL.md, specifically step 2: "install agbcc into pokeemerald".

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2022
Just checked and I had installed agbcc into my decomps folder, not the emerald one. I have fixed this and can now compile with map edits. Thanks for the help.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Is there a way to have a Warp set/unset a flag using Porymap?

By default the game doesn't have a way to set flags on warps.
Instead you might set the flag in a map script in the warp's destination map, or if the warp is not on an animated door, you can replace it with a script trigger that sets the flag and warps you.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
By default the game doesn't have a way to set flags on warps.
Instead you might set the flag in a map script in the warp's destination map, or if the warp is not on an animated door, you can replace it with a script trigger that sets the flag and warps you.

By "Map Script" do you mean a script somewhere in that area or can you run a script that happens in the map as a whole? Because if I can toggle a flag based on location that would be so much easier XD

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
By "Map Script" do you mean a script somewhere in that area or can you run a script that happens in the map as a whole? Because if I can toggle a flag based on location that would be so much easier XD
There's a type of overworld script called "Map Script". These are normally used to trigger a desired flag while a map is loading or after it has already loaded.
Look at include/constants/map_scripts.h for more info, and git grep them for some examples.

Effectively, you could add a map script to your map that sets a desired flag as soon as the Player walks into said map. That's basically how the flags for the flight locations are handled.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
There's a type of overworld script called "Map Script". These are normally used to trigger a desired while a map is loading or after it has already loaded.
Look at include/constants/map_scripts.h for more info, and git grep them for some examples.

Effectively, you could add a map script to your map that sets a desired flag as soon as the Player walks into said map. That's basically how the flags for the flight locations are handled.

Thanks for that, it has solved my problem. (Without comprehensive testing mind you, but a temporary fix is something)

Back