• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PoryMap | Map Editor for the Disassembly and Decompilation Projects

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 24, 2022
any chance we can have a build function added to the file dropdown menu that compiles the rom and pops out a tester rom. It would save loads of time.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
any chance we can have a build function added to the file dropdown menu that compiles the rom and pops out a tester rom. It would save loads of time.
Considering there's many different ways to compile Pokeruby or Pokeemerald, I doubt such a feature would be feasible. That's just my assumption though, hit up ShantyTown in the Pret Discord server if you want an official answer.

ON: v1.2.1 is now available. In Shanty's words, "There were some issues with the recent map JSON fields, so this fixes those issues. You'll need latest pokeemerald/ruby with this release, too".
As always, y'all can find it in the Releases Section of the PoryMap Repository, which is linked in the main post.
In order to use it, make sure that your repository of Pokeruby or Pokeemerald is up-to-date.

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I actually had a thought, would it be possible to implement support for user-made plugins at all? Because there may be things that devs might want to implement into their project, such as a better and improved Day/Night system (which uses multiple separate palettes like how G/S/C uses), a seasons system, or even some actual 3D, so it can add in an extra UI for such plugin used?

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I actually had a thought, would it be possible to implement support for user-made plugins at all? Because there may be things that devs might want to implement into their project, such as a better and improved Day/Night system (which uses multiple separate palettes like how G/S/C uses), a seasons system, or even some actual 3D, so it can add in an extra UI for such plugin used?
Sadly, this is really not a good place to ask questions related to PretMap's development. You should try taking it to Pret's Discord server, where the actual developer of PretMap can be usually found.

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
How do I change the wild pokemon in a map? (Am I missing something really obvious here?)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
How do I change the wild pokemon in a map? (Am I missing something really obvious here?)
You can't change wild pokémon locations within PoryMap.
You can find them in src\wild_encounters.c if you're using Pokeruby, or src\data\wild_encounters.h if you're using Pokeemerald.

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
You can't change wild pokémon locations within PoryMap.
You can find them in src\wild_encounters.c if you're using Pokeruby, or src\data\wild_encounters.h if you're using Pokeemerald.

Perfect! Thanks a lot 😄

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
v1.2.2 has been released just now.
As usual, y'all can find it the link to the GitHub Repository's Releases page in the main post.

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
Is there a way to import tiles more than the maximum amount in pokeemerald? I'm trying to port a tileset from FireRed but it has 640 tiles, and this error pops up (but Advance Map lets me import the tiles into a ROM)

AJbaOUD.png

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Is there a way to import tiles more than the maximum amount in pokeemerald? I'm trying to port a tileset from FireRed but it has 640 tiles, and this error pops up (but Advance Map lets me import the tiles into a ROM)

AJbaOUD.png
You can't just port a Fire Red tileset into Emerald and expect it to work, if that's what you tried to do here.
You'll have to change how primary and secondary tilesets work in RSE (FRLG's work differently than RSE's), or you'll have to make a new tileset with FRLG tiles, following the pattern of the other tilesets in RSE.

Last edited:

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
You can't just port a Fire Red tileset into Emerald and expect it to work, if that's what you tried to do here.
You'll have to change how primary and secondary tilesets work in RSE (FRLG's work differently than RSE's), or you'll have to make a new tileset with FRLG tiles, following the pattern of the other tilesets in RSE.

I'm not sure how they work differently, can you give me some insight on the difference? (I just want the graphics of those tiles for now)

All I did was export tileset picture in A-map as dib and tried to import it into pokeemerald - not sure why it doesn't work in Porymap because A-map seems to import the picture into an emerald rom without errors

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I'm not sure how they work differently, can you give me some insight on the difference? (I just want the graphics of those tiles for now)
If I'm remembering correctly, the primary and secondary tilesets in RSE have the same dimensions, where as in FRLG they both have different dimensions, with the primary being bigger than the secondary.
All I did was export tileset picture in A-map as dib and tried to import it into pokeemerald - not sure why it doesn't work in Porymap because A-map seems to import the picture into an emerald rom without errors
Then it might be an issue with PoryMap itself, or something it just doesn't account for.
I'd suggest you to bring it up in the #porymap channel of Pret's Discord server.
You have an invitation in any of Pret's GitHub Repositories, like Pokeruby or Pokeemerald.

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
If I'm remembering correctly, the primary and secondary tilesets in RSE have the same dimensions, where as in FRLG they both have different dimensions, with the primary being bigger than the secondary.

Then it might be an issue with PoryMap itself, or something it just doesn't account for.
I'd suggest you to bring it up in the #porymap channel of Pret's Discord server.
You have an invitation in any of Pret's GitHub Repositories, like Pokeruby or Pokeemerald.

Thanks a lot!

Another quick question, is it possible to have more than 12 palettes for tilesets in Porymap (or pokeemerald itself)?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Another quick question, is it possible to have more than 12 palettes for tilesets in Porymap (or pokeemerald itself)?
Sure, you can always modify Pokeemerald as you see fit, as long as it's within the limits of the GBA Hardware.
Looking on Pret's Discord, it looks like you can have a maximum of 512 palettes for tilesets.

By the way, relying on a thread that only exists as a way for people to know about and obtain PoryMap's download is not exactly a good idea. I seriously encourage you to participate in Pret's Discord server for anything decompilation related.

Last edited:

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
Sure, you can always modify Pokeemerald as you see fit, as long as it's within the limits of the GBA Hardware.
Looking on Pret's Discord, it looks like you can have a maximum of 512 palettes for tilesets.

By the way, relying on a thread that only exists as a way for people to know about and obtain PoryMap's download is not exactly a good idea. I seriously encourage you to participate in Pret's Discord server for anything decompilation related.

I see! My apologies. I'll try to get up on Discord for further questions.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Porymap v2.0.0 has been released!
Among its new features there's a Dark Theme and a Wild Encounters Editor.
As always, y'all can find the newest release in the GitHub Repository linked at the main post.

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Just a heads up, v3.0.0 has been released. Both Pokeruby and Pokeemerald had a lot of stuff renamed regarding to Object Events (aka NPCs), so previous versions of PoryMap will no longer work with up-to-date repositories. Naturally, that's not the only change though.

As always, the link to the precompiled builds is in the main post, and the page of the release contains the changelog for this version.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 12, 2022
Hey, regarding the map layout editor from the region map editor:
I can't seem to "click" on the grayed out zones , even when clearing the whole region map to mapsec_none, what can I do to fix this?

Spoiler:

I can only click on the parts that were already there, even when clearing the map layout.

Back