• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Possible Pokégear features

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    The pokegear will most likely return the way it was before. I just hope for hot swappable cards. Like you can disable the radio for an app or something. Maybe a 4th slot for the hot swappable feature app?

Years
    I liked the phone calls...and the radio. I personally liked the Pokegear better than all the other gadgets. (Despite the lack of features, I liked the look and simplicity of it.) The poketch (however you pronounce it) had waaay too many apps, IMO, and it took forever to go to the app you wanted. I didn't like the Pokenav either. Too much going on.

Besides, some of the trainers in GS called to inform you about a swarm. (That was better than having to always fly to Sandgem town to ask your rival's sister about a swarm.), In Crystal, some trainers called you to tell you that they found an evolution stone. I liked getting them for free rather than paying for one. (I don't want to pay money to evolve my pokemon.)

I would like for them to add more radio stations and allow a little more than 10 phone numbers, but not too much. Maybe a teachy tv would be a good thing to add to the pokegear...? Idk.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    And since it's on a DS... It should be Touch Screen compatible! >:D

Also, a texting idea is nice. :3

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Texting will take wayyy too long. Also, they would have put in custom things for your character to say. You can't just say anything at will...

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    As long as the radio is back I'll be happy, but i had an idea for a DSi exclusive feature that could work using this that wouldn't put DS or DSlite players at a disadvantage, my idea is an MP3/iPod type app for the Pokégear that would allow DSi users to listen to music stored on there SD cards while in the game.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    Pokegear VS Poketech

to solve that annoying call problem- make it like an actual cell phone- it says
    "incoming call from some trainer no one cares about"
    you get an option on the touch screen saying
    "ignore" "Listen"
    that's really all there is to it-
    as for what i would like to see on the pokegear-
    Spoiler:

i liked the poketch (i just say pokeTECH).... just.... most of the things were completely useless

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2009
    DSi Only Techs?

I was thinking and you know I bet there might be some DSi only Techs that will be in the games.
    I mean Nintendo has done this kind of marketing thing before.

What do you think they will be if any?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Mm...I don't know much of the DSi techs. Does the DSi have some sort of music storage thingy? That might come into play somewhere.
    It has music capabilities can take photos has storage capabilities and the ram and cpu is double then that of the lite. So in a way if you play it on the dsi you could get extra boost in gameplay through the extra power.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    THey could do something with the whole picture concept perhaps. The music has a possibility of playing a part as well. The only thing they would have to work on is putting place in the game for these new DSi tech features.

Years
    If the GameFAQs forum post is correct, there'll be a DSi app that lets you trade between the DS games, but with only one DS needed. Also, I'd like to see a new feature in the radio that lets you listen to music from an SD Card.

I don't want any DSi-exclusive features, aside from those, to be honest. The game should be able to be played almost exactly the same for everyone, regardless of if they have a DS [Lite] or DSi.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    If the GameFAQs forum post is correct, there'll be a DSi app that lets you trade between the DS games, but with only one DS needed.

I don't want any DSi-exclusive features, aside from that, to be honest. The game should be able to be played exactly the same for everyone, regardless of if they have a DS [Lite] or DSi.
    That was fake the user confirmed that it was a secondary account to fake it.
    Now then this is Pokemon. You can bet that they will surely do something to screw those who have no DSi over with extra features. Tell me when Nintendo never gave an opportunity like that up.

Years
    That was fake the user confirmed that it was a secondary account to fake it.
    Now then this is Pokemon. You can bet that they will surely do something to screw those who have no DSi over with extra features. Tell me when Nintendo never gave an opportunity like that up.

Oh. Well, crap. Atleast now I can hope that the PokeGear doesn't look like a recolored Poketch, lol.

True.

Back