• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Possible SPOILERS] The 'I Like' Thread

Years
    LUGIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apart from that its gotta be the nostalgia trip of reliving my favourite pokemon moments from my youth... plus Cyndaquil & Totodile

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    The fact that you don't have to activate Mystery Gift. w00t. Pokemon following you (I changed the settings, whew), the fact that you can switch the 'run' option for your sneakers forever and you don't have to abuse the B button, the music, the graphics, the characters, the Johto region.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    Rant:
    Spoiler:

Rants aside, my favourite thing is the cool way of rematching Gym Leaders, you have to find them at certain times of day in different parts of the region, so I'll have fun tracking all of them down =)

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    Rant:
    Spoiler:

Rants aside, my favourite thing is the cool way of rematching Gym Leaders, you have to find them at certain times of day in different parts of the region, so I'll have fun tracking all of them down =)
    It's probably in your best interest to fight Red at least once, seeing as beating him unlocks quite a few things.

Speaking of which, Red is one of my three favorite things about HG/SS. He's not only the toughest trainer in the game level-wise, but the moves for each of his Pokemon are quite diverse and incredibly powerful. Not to mention his Pikachu has that Light Ball. This was easily the toughest ingame battle I've ever fought. Even tougher than a fair number of Wi-Fi battles I've had.

Second is the new and improved Kanto. Not only is there a fair bit more to do in it than in G/S/C, but the 3D routes and cities look incredible.

Third is Pokemon following you, for obvious reasons.

Years
    The Pokemon following you around.
    Johto and Kanto region.
    16 Gym Badges.
    Easy touch screen use of menu.
    Able to use Cyndaquil :)

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Heavy use of the touch panel. No more pressing buttons to open menus.
    I always thought "wait, but it's possible to remake this on a GBA" regarding DPt and its lack of use of the touch panel outside of minigames and combat.

Finnel

Years
    Touch Screen, easily. I felt so limited when I tried out Pearl and could only use the touch screen for battles and a gimmicky thing which I only used to check the time.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    I'm gonna love Red when I get this game. (LB Pika = OSHI-)
    Too bad I'm going to have to use Rain Dance myself to Thunder-sweep some of his key party members like Blastoise and Charizard, whereas in the old ones Blastoise used it for me while I Light-Walled him. I thought the Rest/Snore/Bodyslam combo was tough, but Giga Impact could have a potential to do some serious damage. I'm finally going to have a nice challenge.

Last edited:

.Chocolate.

n_n no.
    Years
    I like how cool they made the water look.n_n And the surfing faster too.
    I also really like how you'd defeat Red! It's like an epic battle in the snow and stuff.xD; Totally different from the originals but it's an awesome idea. The view was amazing too. And I'm glad they didn't change his dialogue: "..." It just made things more epic imo if he doesn't say anything.

PokemonMasterX

Also known as MysteriexMKII basically everywhere e
    Years
    I like the re-inclusion of the battle frontier, among other things. Even though it looks like Platinum's (actually, it IS Platinum's!) BF, it'll be good 'cause i think there teams might be more Johto oriented (Don't hold me to that). Plus, I also like the fact that all of crystal's element's were implemented into these games. You know, like Eusine and the fact you have to chase Suicune. Suicune's chase is even harder(which I find somewhat cool). You have to chase it to kanto, where you have a battle where suicune doesn't run away (yay, a break from roamers!). And they improved Blaine's gym and Green's(Blue's) gym so now they have trainers. Not only that, but this time they include A SAFARI ZONE!!! AND YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE IT!!! Plus, the legendary birds make another appearance along with mewtwo. Now who can't love all this?

Back