• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Possible Starter Evolutions

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Really hoping Litten gets that secondary dark typing. Something sleek and mysterious yet powerful.

This was my original thought. But I think a good amount of us thought the same about Luxray. I then when with Elect. But according to the info we know form the Pokemon US Site, the black on Litten's fur is oil. SO it could be Fire/Poison, which I would love as well.

Grass/Flying, Fire/Poison, and Water/Fighting, however, poison break my idea, Dark would make it better match. If we have those typings. It would follow the same pattern Kalos starter had typing wise. With dark. I don't think it will follow the Kalos typing though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Litten's face has the symbol of surfer and Hawaii is a volcanic Island So I guess Litten will be another "Volcano Pokemon" like Entei.
    It will probably become Fire/Ground type pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Fire/Ground or Fire/Rock.

If we look at the only Fire/Rock Pokemon we have.

Magcargo the Lava Pokemon.
    Spr_6x_219.png

Otherwise Camerupt is the Eruption Pokemon and is Fire/Ground.

It could go both ways.

Years
  • Fire/Ground or Fire/Rock.

If we look at the only Fire/Rock Pokemon we have.

Magcargo the Lava Pokemon.
    Spr_6x_219.png

Otherwise Camerupt is the Eruption Pokemon and is Fire/Ground.

It could go both ways.

The other typing that's been speculated (Fire/Dark) also had only one Pokemon line to it, so it'll be interesting that whether we'll get Rock, Ground or Dark for the second type, it'll no longer be a unique type to the one who currently holds it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    They are likely fakes, but I seem to love where this artist went with the Popplio and Litten designs. Popplio's nose turning into a ball that levitates with psychic powers would look cool.

Since Popplio is a fish so Its better for him to evolve into a Psychic type pokemon that float in the air.

Years
  • I'm thinking Litten will end up as a bipedal, black tiger, set ablaze.

Just from it's dex entry, I can see Rowlet becoming slender and agile. I'd like if it's bowtie turned into a cloak of leaves or something.

I have no idea about Popplio. His dex entry mentions him being quick and acrobatic, so maybe he'll end up as water/fighting? Idk. I feel like he could become the bulky one of the three.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I'm thinking Litten will end up as a bipedal, black tiger, set ablaze.

Just from it's dex entry, I can see Rowlet becoming slender and agile. I'd like if it's bowtie turned into a cloak of leaves or something.

I have no idea about Popplio. His dex entry mentions him being quick and acrobatic, so maybe he'll end up as water/fighting? Idk. I feel like he could become the bulky one of the three.

Or , Rowlet can become something like this--

latest

Off Course , I prefer this version --

latest

Years
  • I'm thinking Litten will end up as a bipedal, black tiger, set ablaze.

Popplio doesn't really scream Fighting but I recall ORandAS says it could learn Acrobatics.

Rowlet I could see getting more slender, and you know a cloak of leaves would be fun.

Litten has some potential to evolve into a tiger, but people want it to be the first Fire starter whose evolutions stay as quadrupeds.

Years
  • I really don't want to see Litten standing on its hind legs. Please let it stay cat-shaped. If it becomes just a single-type Fire 'mon and looks like a big puma or other big cat I'll be happy. As much as its design might make it seem like it could gain a Dark typing, I think we already have that covered with Liepard.

Alumens

Dreamer
    Years
  • In my opinion, I believe that Litten will become part Dark type and Popplio can either become a Fighting type or a Psychic type. Im on team Rowlet at the moment but if Popplio gets part Psychic, oh boy <3

Years
  • I really hope Litten stays quadrupedal as it evolves. That would be so cool.
    It would probably be best, but the problem with that is whether or not it ends up being too similar to the Sun legendary, in which case they might opt for an alteration in that kind of direction.

I also really don't wanna see Fighting as a secondary type on Popplio, I'm thinking the Psychic typing would look pretty amazing, especially with the little circus theme it has going on?
    Popplio might be a bit too silly-looking for the Psychic evolutions to make much sense. Their design so far isn't really going in that direction.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Samurott wasn't really what everyone thought it would be as a final stage. Oshawott and his evo were bipedal and suddenly it goes on all 4.

deathpool

Hopeless Cole Stan
    Years
  • While that fanart is cool and all, I feel like it's too predictable. I hope they pull a Blaziken or a Samurott on us, honestly.
    3611806e75707a8c06c63a4777521dda.png

362441015.png

Like honestly, look how much they change from the second to third evolutions! that's creativity.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    There was speculation due to the similarity to the symbol of Sulfur on Litten's head that it will become Fire/ Poison. Sulfuric gas does emit from volcanoes, so it fits the theme for Hawaii.

Popplio definitely has possibility to be Water/Fairy with its look, so having poison as an adversary in Litten could be awesome.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Personally, I'm actually kinda hoping that Rowlet's typing changes when it evolves. It wouldn't be the first Pokémon to do so. I could see it turning into a Grass/Dark or a Grass/Psychic type. Also, since the other two bird starters have "arms" instead of traditional-looking wings, I think something similar will happen with Rowlet.

Last edited:
    Years
  • There's one thing I had to share, regarding my theory on what Popplio's evolutions could end up looking like, and it comes down to this animation of Popplio we saw in the trailer:

tumblr_o6yrnoAW4E1ttdkobo1_500.gif

Notice how it's actually standing up on its back fins? None of the other seal-like Pokemon we had so far could do that, so this seems to make me believe its back fins could become more like feet and make it more adept to living on land. Even if it ends up with a Water/Ice-type like the others, at least it's a sign that Game Freak were going in a different direction from a design standpoint.

I do recall Samurott is more adept to water than land compared to its pre-evos, so hmm reverse Oshawott direction seems like something I could see happening.

Back