• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Interest Check] Power Rangers Mythical Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
  • I've had this idea for a while. Would anyone be interested in a Power Rangers RP, one where the suits/weapons/Zords are based on different mythical creatures.

Former Pink Ranger Kimberly Hart now works as a principal in a diverse suburban Maine high school, and you're a student in detention for some reason. However, the Sprodogoxx Empire is attacking, and Principal Hart sees great potential within you. You and the other detention students are to become the next generation of Power Rangers, and ultimately defeat the Sprodogoxx Emperor Xyekwil, saving the world as we know it from conquest.

Your weapons, Power Suits, and Zords will take the form of mythical creatures as seen below
    Red: Dragon
    Blue: Mermaid
    Yellow: Phoenix
    Black: Werewolf
    Pink: Unicorn
    Green: Manticore

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • I'm interested in the concept, in the least. What can you tell freely re: how would this kind of campaign run? How much weight would there be in the plot vs the mechanics? What kind of "stats" for combat are you thinking of?

My memories of Power Rangers is such that ultimately most Monsters of the Week are barely defeatable without the five or six Rangers synchronizing and chaining their weapons together for the combination attack. Let alone the Big Bads. But also that the "two- (or three-) rangers episodes" were pretty good storyline-wise. Sounds like an interesting concept to run with if a party can be found of five teenagers with attitude willing to last around what, four to eight IRL months with it depending on pacing.

Also given your list of mythical creatures I momentarily mistook this for "Mythical Furry"...

Years
  • Probably not for me, but it looks like it could be fun. So wish you the best in getting it off the ground. Feel free to let me know if there's anything I can do to help you with that.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • @Venia Silente, good question. I was thinking of starting with three rangers (Red, Blue, and Yellow), and then add Pink and Green, with Black eventually being the fabled Sixth Ranger. I will control the NPCs and Zords.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back