• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pre-order or eShop?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Thanks for the answers!

But I have another question. Will the games be available on 12th Octocer on eShop in the U.S time? I mean, it might be added at 13:00 PM NY time, but in Europe/Asia at a different hour?

Because for example 13:00 in East U.S is 19:00 in central Europe. So it's a bit late in Europe. I think it should be released in Europe's morning hour.
    I've been wondering the same thing to...maybe all the e-shops will be updated and those of us in US will be able to download on the 11th as it'll be the 12th in the rest of the world...or until it stricks 12 am in New York for the whole of the US. I'm pretty sure though that Asia, Europe, Australia, and Africa (is it going to be released here?) will be able to get it as soon as the clock strikes Midnight or give or take an hour or two.

FireOfExile

2363-5961-4897 (3DS)
    Years
    I'll hopefully be preordering it. I don't think the E-Shop will instantly update the second the game is released, and because I want this to finally be the game that I can beat my friend in (even though he always transfers his higher levels) I'm going to try to get it as early as possible, even if it means a few minutes earlier.

Years
    I'll hopefully be preordering it. I don't think the E-Shop will instantly update the second the game is released, and because I want this to finally be the game that I can beat my friend in (even though he always transfers his higher levels) I'm going to try to get it as early as possible, even if it means a few minutes earlier.
    I remember Fire Emblem Awakening did...well there's a game coming out soon for the E-shop. I'll check if it comes out on time to see if there's a pattern to it or not...
    Edit: I double checked and I did get that game on the 3rd while it's official date was the 4th of February...so it seems those of us in West Coast may have same update times as the East coast.

Years
    I pre-ordered from a different content continent, so waiting a few days is a given...
    I might buy a Z game, if they'll make it, through E-shop.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2014
    I have pre-ordered Pokemon X, personally I never use the e-shop because the price is the same in the shop. Have a packaging (and physical copie) is more beautiful than have data on an SD-card.

Years
    I've pre ordered both on amazon, my previous experience with amazon is that all deliveries were on time or early, but none of these were pre orders, just general purchases, hoping if it does come on the 12th it's before 12 because I'm out all day after that and would like to know its there

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    E-Shop for me, or maybe it's just the fact that I don't have a 3DS yet? I don't know what's the better option really, although I'm certain that the price will go down when you E-buy it five years later or so.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    Great! Thanks for letting me know about Amazon's pre-orders! It's good to know that the game should arrive on the 12th.

I wouldnt trust it just yet. I did some reading and google searches and some people did not get a game they pre-ordered until Monday. Remember Delivery Trucks on a lot of companies don't work on Saturday or Sundays because most post offices don't work on those days. Who knows. I was going to pre-order from Amazon but then I'm at College and the post office here is closed on Saturday.. So i went to my closest Walmart.

I recently pre-ordered from Amazon (my first time pre-ordering) and hope that they arrive on the release date too. However it did say that it may arrive on the 17...so I should be prepared...however if it is late I can at least look at the starter evolutions online and see if I like Fennekin's...

You wont have to worry about that! Haha In japan our Saturday morning is their Saturday Night going into Sunday. And you know them. Expect the starters finals to be shown Friday night XD

Last edited:

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    I think you should get the physical copy of the game, koff~

Something like that is the best. You can hold it, move it, read the manual and sell it off (I don't think I'll ever do that) so if you lose your passwords and such, you still have it, koffi~

Years
    I wouldnt trust it just yet. I did some reading and google searches and some people did not get a game they pre-ordered until Monday. Remember Delivery Trucks on a lot of companies don't work on Saturday or Sundays because most post offices don't work on those days. Who knows. I was going to pre-order from Amazon but then I'm at College and the post office here is closed on Saturday.. So i went to my closest Walmart.

You wont have to worry about that! Haha In japan our Saturday morning is their Saturday Night going into Sunday. And you know them. Expect the starters finals to be shown Friday night XD
    I actually want to surprise myself with the starter's finals...but if it's a long time before I get it knowing me I'll proably will spoil them...if it doesn't arrive early (late Friday) I'll proably go buy one from a local store too xD. I'm impatient.

Years
    I preordered my copies from two different places: X from GAME (Online, I'll make it up to my local shop by buying the guide book from them) and Y from Amazon.

In the past Amazon always delivers on release date for me, though I always get their release date guarantee which is free. GAME is a bit more shakey, I have had games before release, on the release day and shortly after release from them... I'm hoping for an early release from GAME, as I'm out all of the 12th- Though my parents can sign for my copy, so if a copy arrives early I can play it on the train to London! (I've not got my hopes up though, I'm already prepared for an all nighter on the 12th to make up the lost time!)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've pre-ordered Pokémon Y version on GameStop. I have pre-ordered another game from GameStop once before, and it arrived at the front door of my house exactly on the release day. I'm expecting the same thing to happen with Pokémon Y. :) If I don't get it on the release, then I will most likely get it the next day.

They said mine will arrive by the 17th...so I'll proably be buying a copy from Game Stop or Wal-mart and return the pre-order copy.

If I were you, I wouldn't go through all that hassle. The game's being released on the twelfth, and you're getting it on the seventeenth. You would just have to wait five extra days, which isn't much. d:

Last edited:

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
    I preordered from GameStop, and since my 3DS likes to lose its data, I'm not trusting it with downloaded games. plus I'm camping out my GameStop for a Midnight release on said preorder.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    I'm planning on going to the midnight release, koff~

I've never wanted to go to a midnight release before, but I think I'll go this time. I'm sure to get something good, koffi~

Years
    I have pre-ordered mine because I like to have a physical copy and then I will actually feel like I "have" something for my money :)

Years
    gonna get the eshop copy so I don't have to worry about changing cartridge to transfer it to pokemon bank :D

EDIT:
    oh yeah got a question, my 3ds is pretty much used and got a eshop account already
    so what happen if I delete the old E-shop account? can I make a new one?

Back