• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pre-order or eShop?

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
    Years
    When does the eShop update? If it updates at 12:00AM EST then I'll download it off the eShop. If it doesn't then I'll just go to Walmart. It's open 24hrs. They should sell it to me.

Years
    Ill be getting it off the eshop so i can have it at midnight since the closet store launch event is 30 minutes away, and i'm traveling that day so i don't know if ill have time to pick it up.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I really...really want a physical copy...maybe that's just me being a tool but i can't have my Pokemon games be ethereal...

lealvenom

A Bearded PKMN Trainer.
    Years
    I'm glad I'm getting the eshop version at midnight. Ain't no way I'm going to wait two weeks on the mail to deliver me my physical copy. I'm fine with the digital version.. Plus I just upgraded my SD card to 16 gigs, so plenty of space!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I decided to pre-order X so I have a physical cartridge in case my 3DS breaks and also you get a free Pokéball game stand thing with it so that's cool I guess! I kinda wish I'd decided on the download route so I'd be able to play it as soon as it's out rather than waiting for the delivery but I think the advantages of having a physical copy are worth it. Annoying have to wake up early for the post though!

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2013
    I'm too excited so I think I'll get Pokemon X from the eShop right at midnight. I may buy Y in cartridge form later on since I would like to have both.

Sirfetch’d

I am downloading mine from the e-shop at midnight so I don't have to wait. Sure, having a physical cartridge is much better, but my patience couldn't last any longer for delivery. I will probably end up getting the physical copy of the alternate version though if I enjoy my game like I am expecting to!

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    This isn't a choice for me, I pre-ordered it. I just don't have the space on my SD card to download a game like Pokemon, and I don't want to buy another SD card.

Personally, I prefer having a physical copy, though.

Years
    Personally I will be getting one of them physical and one digital. If I could only have one I would go digital though BECAUSE pokemon Is the kind of game I want to have with me all the time in case a chance to trade or battle comes up and that way I won't have to keep the cartridge with me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Going digital..will start the download tonight at midnight, but have a football game to attend tomorrow morning, wont be able to play till later in the day.

Back