• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pre-order or eShop?

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    i just dont know.... i mean sure i guess i would like a hard copy but i know as soon as it comes out on the eshop at midnight im not going to be able to control myself. And i guess the way i look at it is that Neither X or Y will be my main game ....it will be the last game of the generation , kinda like i had BW abd B2 but W2 ended up being my main game. So ill justify getting it on the eshop by saying ill get the next one on hard copy.

What nintendo needs to do is release cards that you can transfer your digital games onto to make them physical

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    A bit off-topic, but does anyone know if a 8GB SD card will be enough for this game? (from eShop)
    note that I don't have any other game on this SD card.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    E-Shop for me, or maybe it's just the fact that I don't have a 3DS yet? I don't know what's the better option really, although I'm certain that the price will go down when you E-buy it five years later or so.

Lol wanna bet. There are gen four games Ive seen at game stop sold at full price dont think that e shop will drop it unless they decide to put it on sale. Which i dont see that happening.

I all ready fully paid my pre ordered

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    I think that I'm just going to get it on the day it comes out, and won't bother Pre-ordering. Plus, the release date for me is a Saturday, so I can spend my whole weekend playing it :D

Years
    yeah I'm just gonna wait til it's saturday so I can buy it already on Nintendo e-shop
    not gonna get out of the house again just to go to the mall to fully pay my pre-order :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    If I were you, I wouldn't go through all that hassle. The game's being released on the twelfth, and you're getting it on the seventeenth. You would just have to wait five extra days, which isn't much. d:

That is a long five days. He will have to use the internet eventually and go on youtube and he will see all the videos all the pictures. He does not want to ruin it for himself. So I say he just hits the Return Pre-order button and go to the Closest of the list. Walmart Gamestop etc.

i just dont know.... i mean sure i guess i would like a hard copy but i know as soon as it comes out on the eshop at midnight im not going to be able to control myself. And i guess the way i look at it is that Neither X or Y will be my main game ....it will be the last game of the generation , kinda like i had BW abd B2 but W2 ended up being my main game. So ill justify getting it on the eshop by saying ill get the next one on hard copy.

What nintendo needs to do is release cards that you can transfer your digital games onto to make them physical

They wont that would cause a lot of bootleged games thus making them lose profit.

Last edited:

Missingno98

Mew Fossil Excavator
    Years
    I am thinking of getting one version on eshop via Game UK because you get Pokedex 3D Pro as a free bonus download and I haven't got it yet and the other version as a physical. I'll probably order the physical version from Shopto because they deliver a few days early usually.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    That is a long five days. He will have to use the internet eventually and go on youtube and he will see all the videos all the pictures. He does not want to ruin it for himself. So I say he just hits the Return Pre-order button and go to the Closest of the list. Walmart Gamestop etc.

They wont that would cause a lot of bootleged games thus making them lose profit.

Exactly, you get me :) And considering my activity on these forums...it'll be difficult...
    I'm with you MrGriszell...I proably will end up buying the e-shop version if I'm awake at midnight...as I'll be too anxious...

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    Exactly, you get me :) And considering my activity on these forums...it'll be difficult...
    I'm with you MrGriszell...I proably will end up buying the e-shop version if I'm awake at midnight...as I'll be too anxious...

You will be awake at midnight lol. Friday Night + the Hype for Pokemon. I know I will be up and at Walmart and In a line.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    Lol wanna bet. There are gen four games Ive seen at game stop sold at full price dont think that e shop will drop it unless they decide to put it on sale. Which i dont see that happening.

I all ready fully paid my pre ordered

Boxed copies of older games will run for full retail price or more as they become rarer due to being out of print.

Years
    I'm tempted to get my copy on the eShop, same as I did with New Leaf. I don't really have a problem losing games, but I like not having to carry around a cartridge for each game, instead I can just toss my DS in my pocket or backpack, and I'm good to go. If one of my local Gamestops are doing a midnight release however, that may change my mind, as being able to meet some local Pokemon fans and trade friend codes would be worth the trip for me.

Years
    Pokemon X and Pokemon Y e-shop

I got a question it'll be the release at 12 AM at October 12 in the Nintendo e-shop right?
    is it gonna be in what time zone?

Years
    As far as I'm aware, the release is tied to your own home timezone.
    I've seen games release at the earliest time zone in my country (the east coast time here in the U.S.) so I can download them at 9 PM here...if they update at midnight...not sure if it's that way elsewhere though.

Years
    I've seen games release at the earliest time zone in my country (the east coast time here in the U.S.) so I can download them at 9 PM here...if they update at midnight...not sure if it's that way elsewhere though.

Hmm, I live on the east coast so I just assumed it varied by timezone... Does all of the USA get the game at 12am EST? That'd be a little odd, you'd think it'd be Pacific since NOA is on the west coast.

Years
    Hmm, I live on the east coast so I just assumed it varied by timezone... Does all of the USA get the game at 12am EST? That'd be a little odd, you'd think it'd be Pacific since NOA is on the west coast.
    I thought so. I also find that odd...but I guess they wanted it to be right on midnight nation wide... if they do so for XY too we in the West will have it at 9 pm with enough time to play if we download it without having to necessary pull an all nighter...now though I'm hoping it'll be Internationally released at the same exact time (not same hour by time zone) as that'll mean we in U.S. wil be able to download it on the 11th if true :3 while those in Asia and Australia's clocks tick to midnight.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    I've pre-ordered a copy. Never considered buying on the eShop due to the inflated prices and the lack of a account system (seriously, what the **** this is 2013 and it's been standard for nearly 10 years wake up Nintendo)

Years
    I've pre-ordered a copy. Never considered buying on the eShop due to the inflated prices and the lack of a account system (seriously, what the **** this is 2013 and it's been standard for nearly 10 years wake up Nintendo)
    The prize is the same as buying a copy in the store...so it's not really inflated...

Back