• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pre-Release Info Discussion - HGSS info Pamphlet & Box Covers

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • So there is this info pamphlet out in Japan. The scans of it are very scarce and one of them is the info on the birds but more scans will surely come along.
    https://raim2005.blog18.fc2.com/blog-entry-832.html
    While the info is scarce is does have some nice stuff.

Furthermore, here is what is apparently a picture of the back of the demo box of HG (it's big):
    Spoiler:
    https://poketerra.com/upload/uploads/1249049088.jpg

There's also this: https://img515.imageshack.us/i/img09090402.jpg/

Click the image there and below is an edited version to make it look kinda clearer:
    Pre-Release Info Discussion - HGSS info Pamphlet & Box Covers

Differs from the demo box, certainly, so this may be it. (Not quite confirmed 100% though, and not that clear a pic as of yet either, so just be patient. =P)

Discuss away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Cool!
    I realy like the bugsy art!
    I wonder if the birds will roam or just be in there usual places (like in fr/lg)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Yay im glad the birds are in it could they have any affect with lugia?

oh heres the picture of the pamphlet
    Heres a bigger picture of the legendery birds:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Cool!
    I realy like the bugsy art!
    I wonder if the birds will roam or just be in there usual places (like in fr/lg)
    Either roaming, Retconned to new areas(the fr/lg ones are doubtful-seafoam islands now hold Blaine's Gym, the power plant is now a plot point, and well Sevii is possible), Sevii islands are unusually in.

Yay im glad the birds are in it could they have any affect with lugia?

oh heres the picture of the pamphlet
    Crazy thing would be to say you need the birds in hg to get Lugia after the E4 and the dogs to get Ho-oh in SS and the logical thing would be no.

And you guys I provided the link for a reason. Direct imaging is unallowed by the blog.

g.narron

Banned
    Years

• Either roaming, Retconned to new areas(the fr/lg ones are doubtful-seafoam islands now hold Blaine's Gym, the power plant is now a plot point, and well Sevii is possible), Sevii islands are unusually in.

Crazy thing would be to say you need the birds in hg to get Lugia after the E4 and the dogs to get Ho-oh in SS and the logical thing would be no.

And you guys I provided the link for a reason. Direct imaging is unallowed by the blog.

OMG im slow i didnt even think about lugia after elite 4 and all

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Discussion on the pamphlets alone is a bit... minor to suffice as a thread on its own, particularly if nothing else comes. But as they may, and images of the back cover of the DS game box itself has appeared (https://i28.tinypic.com/1zfufqg.jpg), I've added that part to the first post to discuss.

So... discuss away!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Might mean that it's remaining the same for the official one then as it IS the same as the demo box (and if it is a recent picture. Certainly the file's properties suggests it is very recent...but it could have been resaved or something like that). But I wouldn't say that's necessarily the case, so keep this in mind.

No real new stuff to get from that, per say... there's also this: https://img515.imageshack.us/i/img09090402.jpg/

Click the image there, yo. Or an edited version to make it look kinda clearer:

This may be it, methinks... rather than the demo stuff after all.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • It should be noted on that box Suicune is shown in a grassy battle. So definitely outside now. Als Bugsy is looking very snazzy with a new ascot no?

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
    Years
  • The Bugsy art is really well put together, and I just hope that all the gym leaders have as much detail as they have put into Bugsy. Although, I am sure they will, as all the other artwork is amazing too.

I think HeartGold and SoulSilver are shaping up really nicely. Personally I love a game for it's great storyline, which HGSS seem to have (as I loved G, S & C's story) but I also love it when they make the graphics look great. And this is one of those games that has a massive improvement in it's graphics, compared to the games before it. I can't wait to see the sprites of the Pokémon in HGSS, only 6 more days to wait though.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • The birds being in there is nice, but it'd be even better if they had some other purpose as well (catch all to get Mewtwo or something??), since it seems like this game is *slightly* overloaded on legendaries. But I suppose too much is better than not enough.

As for the prerelease back thing, it looks really nice. I'm excited to get this game even more now :]

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • The pre-released back cover looks very nice in detail. I think it is great that we get to see them as it shares some further insight to the games.

The game seems to have taken a step further from the original and has brought along a new playing level since then. As for the case with all the legendaries, it seems to be overboard to an extent, but most players who purchase this game should just take the oppotunity to their advantage.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023

Epic daycare building is epic. XD
    Also epic Olivine City port is epic.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • I like this - and he probably got the pictures from some demo, or Pokemon Sunday perhaps, but not sure.
    EDIT:
    He got from pre-release box cover - lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2009
    As I'm pre-ordering, I'll try my best to get scans up. I'm unsure as to do this as I have a faulty scanner. No promises, but yeah, I'll try!

Back