• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Problem with adding sprites in G3HS

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Hi, I'm doing my first atempt até Rom Hacking and I have a problem with some sprites on G3HS.

I'm changing all the sprites, and one of them isn't working because everytime that i chose that Pokémon I got a Error message saying:

Images failed to decompress. Aborting sprite load. The image that was attempted to be loaded had pointer: 5c237808 for Front Sprite.

I've heard that I "only need" to repoint the sprite, however I have no idea how to do that (I'm really new to this) and I can't edit anything in this Pokémon.

I would really apreciate if someone could help.

Thank you and sorry for my English

Attachments

• Problem with adding sprites in G3HS
      erro.png
      4.2 KB · Views: 7
    Years
  • Hi, I'm doing my first atempt até Rom Hacking and I have a problem with some sprites on G3HS.

I'm changing all the sprites, and one of them isn't working because everytime that i chose that Pokémon I got a Error message saying:

Images failed to decompress. Aborting sprite load. The image that was attempted to be loaded had pointer: 5c237808 for Front Sprite.

I've heard that I "only need" to repoint the sprite, however I have no idea how to do that (I'm really new to this) and I can't edit anything in this Pokémon.

I would really apreciate if someone could help.

Thank you and sorry for my English

Whether or not it helps, you can use Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor to insert the sprite.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Thank you, I'm going to try it.

I'm using the Pokemon FireRed 1020 does it work with that Rom?
    Thank you

Years
    • Seen today
    Never expanded the amount of Pokemon myself, but when you do you'll need to rewrite the ini of a tool (if possible). When you expand the amount of pokemon the data is probably repointed to somewhere else in the ROM, you'll need to tell the tool where to look for the data if you repointed it in the ini.

Either way, I don't think the ROM base you're using is a good ROM base. I've never seen anyone actually using it. I'd recommend not to use a ''static'' ROM base at all, but if you really want to I'd recommend Leon's & Ultima Soul's ROM Base for Fire Red.

Years
  • Thank you, I'm going to try it.

I'm using the Pokemon FireRed 1020 does it work with that Rom?
    Thank you

Though I wouldn't recommend any patch, it's your choice. I think PGE creates it's own ROM .ini file when you expand Pokémon, but you can specify in the PGE .ini file from where you want the program to start looking for free space and such.

Back