• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Problems with choosing the starter and how to build a team for Sword and shield?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Grookey, Scorbunny, Sobble.

The starters we can choose Friday, most of the people know. I originally wanted to choose Scorbunny, but the problem is that I want Chandelure in my team as wel. Two Fire types doesn't look smart. Sobble evolution... I don't like it at all. Grookey's evolution looks cool and Scorbunny too. A grass type is possible not so good, because it feels like water pokémon are rare after looking to the Galar map. This is still a guess.

So my playing team with a vacant starter:
    - Starter?
    - Gardevoir ( fairy/psychic) (or Zacian (fairy/steel))
    - Chandelure (ghost/fire)
    - Corviknight (steel/flying)
    - Dracovish (water/dragon)
    - Morpeko (dark/electric)

My possible battle team:
    - Gardevoir ( fairy/psychic) (or Zacian (fairy/steel))
    - Chandelure (ghost/fire)
    - Corviknight (steel/flying)
    - Drednaw (water/ground)
    - Pangoro (Dark/fighting)
    - Dracozolt (electric/dragon)

Their is not enough known for a battle team, but I still wanted to try something.
    My main question is which starter would be the best pick for my team?
    I hope their are other opinions. Is this team a good start? I know their is a lack of information, but thinking on beforehand can help.

Years
  • Grookey seems like your best bet to me, especially if you're not a fan of Sobble's evolution, already have a fire type to take Scorbunny's place, and won't have a grass on any of your possible teams. Go for it imo! You already have two cool waters that you may use anyway. 👍

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • There's still a Water Gym and a bunch of water types - just not quite as much as other regions. Grookey will probably be fine.

Moved your thread to this new section, btw.

Back