• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Problems with new save

Years
    For my hack, I'm keeping most of the original intro (where you get your first pokemon etc.) from pokemon emerald. However, I've ran into a few problems which I need some help with.

(I know how scripts work for the most part, and I can write my own. But these scripts are a bit different from regular scripts)

As you know, when the you create a new save, you'll see the professor explaining something about the world of pokemon. In this dialog he welcomes you to Littleroot Town. I want to replace this with the name of my own town. How can I edit this script as it doesn't show up in A-map like all other scripts.

The second problem occurs when the player chooses to play as a Girl. When I designed my starting town I made sure the starting point for the boy was the same as the original so I wouldn't have any problems with that. Little did I know the girl would spawn in the other house, which I did move to another location. I've already tried moving the truck, hoping it would move the starting script with it. This didn't solve my problem, however. What can I do to make the girl and the mom spawn in front of her house?

Here's a picture to illustrate the current situation.
    Problems with new save

Also, how can I edit this dialog to say the name of my town aswell? I can't seem to find it in A-map either.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    As you know, when the you create a new save, you'll see the professor explaining something about the world of pokemon. In this dialog he welcomes you to Littleroot Town. I want to replace this with the name of my own town. How can I edit this script as it doesn't show up in A-map like all other scripts.

It isn't a script. You will have to search for the original text in Advance-Text and edit the dialogue that way.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2024
    @hjk321

Advance-Text has a reputation of messing up your rom. I would recommend searching for the text in a Hex Editor and manually change it from there.

Back