• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
  • yes and maybe looking at the majority you should think twice before saying that we don't know what we are doing when you are the one who doesn't know what you're doing... I don#t know why u even bother creating a game thread if you don't show screenies and can't take criticism. besides, this thread is turning into some kind of flaming thread or something...

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
  • I think he isnt evening making the game i think he just says stuff to make people like it but nobody does.

Dark Ash

Lonely
    Years
  • Feature for Legend of Zelda Heroes
    all the old pokemon and 40 new ones.
    Play as links
    Combine Pokemon and Links and other games.
    More coming soon

Pokemon revolution nitro is done

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    I'm confused... Very confused... Done as in you are dropping it or done as in finished? The only way it could be finished is if you just threw it together. If you are dropping it, don't. Don't quit on a game because you are getting feedback.

Wanna know what you should do? Table Nitro.

Lay everything out and start nit picking the details. Scale it down to maybe 100 past Pok?mon that you are able to catch in the past, still confused about how you would get transported into the past while in a Pok?mon tech school, and maybe 100 basic Pok?mon plus their evolutions. so at most you would have 400 Pok?mon. 300 of which already have graphics and stats that you can work with. Then you can make 100 Pok?mon that are just maybe 1000 years involved from current Pok?mon. So mostly you would only need to edit the graphics from current to make them less evolved. Why do i say this? Think, if you were to do 1000 new Pok?mon, where would they have gone in the span of 1000 years? They would have become the "present day" Pok?mon. But with there being 1000 of them, you would have to make them appear in a secluded area. Well, that would add a new region to your work load. So, you just work with 100 pre-Pok?mon. You could have a few of them in a hidden area away from human interaction and have the trainer be able to catch a few. It is possible that there are Pok?mon that could have gone unnoticed in a huge forest or underwater cave, ect...

Lets take a look at the storyline you posted in the first post:
    Project 360 is a Pok?mon game with add extra to the game.We have side quest, and whole new team to worry about.New Way to catch Pok?mon.
    Your mom sent you to Pok?mon tech school.After 5 years of training there
    the hero pass Pok?mon tech.Team X is know trying to take of the Pok?mon world.Now the hero start the journey of a live.
    Pok?mon tech
    Here is what i would have written. This is based solely on the above and my imagination.

Pok?mon 360 or Nitro is a fan game based on the Nintendo titles. It features Side Quests and a Brand New Team to hassle you and try to take everything. A new Pok?mon Catching system is is the works and I hope to be able to include it in the game.
    You will start out getting ready for your first day at the newly opened Pok?mon Technical Academy. You will study and train hard for five long years in hopes of graduating. But in these five years the Mysterious Team has been slowly acquiring a force to crush the world and rebuild it their way. The graduating class is the first line of offense. You and your class are going to have to take them down. But, you can't do this alone... You need to assemble a strong team of the region's Pok?mon if you wish to prevail. Now, it is time to begin this journey... Already, you've started off on the wrong foot... Your late for the first day...​

See, that was informative without being overly so. I made a point of saying that you will have to assemble your team from the region's Pok?mon. Now, anyone who has played all the games knows that you find mostly the same Pok?mon, but you never find all of them in only one area. It leaves you open to how many Pok?mon you will have due to the fact that you didn't give huge details. if you tell yourself that you will try all the old Pok?mon plus the pre-Pok?mon, then find that task too hard, you aren't committed. you have never said that the trainers you fight will only have the Pok?mon from your region, heck, add in a few trades for non-region pokemon...

Mapping, no I'm not going to flame:

Your maps aren't the worst I've seen. You should have seen my first maps. But i will be blunt. Work on them. A map is never complete, There are always details you can add or things that can be moved to make the map look better. Take the map i posted on page 3:
    TechTown.png

It took me 5 minutes to do it. an all i did was expand the map. Now thinking as if i was making the game myself, i realize that the little building will not hold all the students. So i do like a lot of games make the school go off the map to give it the space that it is going to need. The tall building next to the school i suppose is the dorm/apt for the students. And once again i made a choice. I moved the building to the upper-right corner and changed the building. Then not knowing if minors will be playing, i add a girls dorm/apt. I started off with a 20x15 map of yours and built it into a small town for the tech school... :
    Techtown2.png

I know the maps aren't the best. But like i said you are never finished with a map. But the map i posted can be added to without much problem. Wanna know the best thing to do? Play one of the Pok?mon games then copy that maps and look how they did it.

Graphics:
    Now I'm not the best at graphics... in fact i really am no good with them, so i do mostly edits. the tileset you see in the maps has been edited in a Minor way to do what i want it to do. There are always things missing from the tileset. I was playing the old Pok?mon games and noticed that the grass looks better but without much trouble, i could make said grass... I didn't because i don't have the time to test it out. Anything you want that isn't on a tileset is easy to add...

Music:
    Go wild. My Fangame isn't going to use Pok?mon music... I always hated listening to it... Instead it is going to be jpop and some rock, classical, swing, ect...

Scripting:
    I can do basic rgss/ruby scripting. But only basic. I can edit a script to do what i want. But as with most makers, RMXP left out some of the things that help the game out. like playing AVIs. I had once planed to make the scenes where the trainer throws the pokeball a quick AVI movie. That would save me time and space. But i would need to code a new module for it to work right. So I'm going with the show picture way...

Help:
    It would be prudent to accept help where you need it. I offered to help you with a few maps, but you refused. I know what it is like to have a topic that is "flaming" your ideas. guess what. Most of why they were doing so was to actually help you. I would never had finished my first game. They kept saying i sucked and stuff, so i kept improving until i was finished and actually liked to play my game. Then guess what. I thanked them and they when over my game and told me how much i improved. I took the criticism and used it to reevaluate my work and spot things that would be better. I consider most of the people that did that as friends now. They are around to help me evolve my game making.

So in conclusion:
    You just need to work on it a lot more. Prove to everyone that you are getting better. Stop making new threads and repeating your mistakes. I want you to stick with this game. I offer to help you get it up to snuff and you can finish it. No one will take your game ideas seriously until you work on one to your full extent.

Thank you for reading this rant of mine.

Last edited:

Rm2k3Guy

Lord of shadows
    Years
  • Dark Ash said:
    Feature for Legend of Zelda Heroes
    all the old pokemon and 40 new ones.
    Play as links
    Combine Pokemon and Links and other games.
    More coming soon

Pokemon revolution nitro is done
    Oh great another game you wont finish get one and stick with it its eay if you actually enjoy it ;)

Dark Ash

Lonely
    Years
  • tdata said:
    I'm confused... Very confused... Done as in you are dropping it or done as in finished? The only way it could be finished is if you just threw it together. If you are dropping it, don't. Don't quit on a game because you are getting feedback.

Wanna know what you should do? Table Nitro.

Lay everything out and start nit picking the details. Scale it down to maybe 100 past Pok?mon that you are able to catch in the past, still confused about how you would get transported into the past while in a Pok?mon tech school, and maybe 100 basic Pok?mon plus their evolutions. so at most you would have 400 Pok?mon. 300 of which already have graphics and stats that you can work with. Then you can make 100 Pok?mon that are just maybe 1000 years involved from current Pok?mon. So mostly you would only need to edit the graphics from current to make them less evolved. Why do i say this? Think, if you were to do 1000 new Pok?mon, where would they have gone in the span of 1000 years? They would have become the "present day" Pok?mon. But with there being 1000 of them, you would have to make them appear in a secluded area. Well, that would add a new region to your work load. So, you just work with 100 pre-Pok?mon. You could have a few of them in a hidden area away from human interaction and have the trainer be able to catch a few. It is possible that there are Pok?mon that could have gone unnoticed in a huge forest or underwater cave, ect...

Lets take a look at the storyline you posted in the first post:

Here is what i would have written. This is based solely on the above and my imagination.

See, that was informative without being overly so. I made a point of saying that you will have to assemble your team from the region's Pok?mon. Now, anyone who has played all the games knows that you find mostly the same Pok?mon, but you never find all of them in only one area. It leaves you open to how many Pok?mon you will have due to the fact that you didn't give huge details. if you tell yourself that you will try all the old Pok?mon plus the pre-Pok?mon, then find that task too hard, you aren't committed. you have never said that the trainers you fight will only have the Pok?mon from your region, heck, add in a few trades for non-region pokemon...

Mapping, no I'm not going to flame:

Your maps aren't the worst I've seen. You should have seen my first maps. But i will be blunt. Work on them. A map is never complete, There are always details you can add or things that can be moved to make the map look better. Take the map i posted on page 3:
    TechTown.png

It took me 5 minutes to do it. an all i did was expand the map. Now thinking as if i was making the game myself, i realize that the little building will not hold all the students. So i do like a lot of games make the school go off the map to give it the space that it is going to need. The tall building next to the school i suppose is the dorm/apt for the students. And once again i made a choice. I moved the building to the upper-right corner and changed the building. Then not knowing if minors will be playing, i add a girls dorm/apt. I started off with a 20x15 map of yours and built it into a small town for the tech school... :
    Techtown2.png

I know the maps aren't the best. But like i said you are never finished with a map. But the map i posted can be added to without much problem. Wanna know the best thing to do? Play one of the Pok?mon games then copy that maps and look how they did it.

Graphics:
    Now I'm not the best at graphics... in fact i really am no good with them, so i do mostly edits. the tileset you see in the maps has been edited in a Minor way to do what i want it to do. There are always things missing from the tileset. I was playing the old Pok?mon games and noticed that the grass looks better but without much trouble, i could make said grass... I didn't because i don't have the time to test it out. Anything you want that isn't on a tileset is easy to add...

Music:
    Go wild. My Fangame isn't going to use Pok?mon music... I always hated listening to it... Instead it is going to be jpop and some rock, classical, swing, ect...

Scripting:
    I can do basic rgss/ruby scripting. But only basic. I can edit a script to do what i want. But as with most makers, RMXP left out some of the things that help the game out. like playing AVIs. I had once planed to make the scenes where the trainer throws the pokeball a quick AVI movie. That would save me time and space. But i would need to code a new module for it to work right. So I'm going with the show picture way...

Help:
    It would be prudent to accept help where you need it. I offered to help you with a few maps, but you refused. I know what it is like to have a topic that is "flaming" your ideas. guess what. Most of why they were doing so was to actually help you. I would never had finished my first game. They kept saying i sucked and stuff, so i kept improving until i was finished and actually liked to play my game. Then guess what. I thanked them and they when over my game and told me how much i improved. I took the criticism and used it to reevaluate my work and spot things that would be better. I consider most of the people that did that as friends now. They are around to help me evolve my game making.

So in conclusion:
    You just need to work on it a lot more. Prove to everyone that you are getting better. Stop making new threads and repeating your mistakes. I want you to stick with this game. I offer to help you get it up to snuff and you can finish it. No one will take your game ideas seriously until you work on one to your full extent.

Thank you for reading this rant of mine.

1000 pokemon has been has been cut off from Pokemon red and blue in the game I mean.If they were now in the present time they will be legend.But, The only way to catch them is in the past because legendary area had been shirted and if check legend of zelda heroes this whole thing will be in there. I have seen better screenshots off a website.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • ever heard of something called evolution?
    just because they were 1000 pokemon from the past doesn'T mean all of them turned into legendaries of the prsent, some might have evolved into todays' pokemon.

Dark Ash

Lonely
    Years
  • Dna

If you think I going to do evolution. no, because the present day pokemon does not have that. You have DNA Evolution for this to happen. Did you ever heard DNA Evolution?

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • omg.. why do I bother answering?
    first, in real world there's only one type of evolution, which is caused by mutations on the DNA and so on.
    In the pokemon world there's that one and the so called rapid-evolution that happens when you evolve like a pikachu into a raichu and so on.
    Now, you asking someone that question is just retarded, but if you didn't get what I meant... here's what I understood from your previous post (which is hard enough to read): all 1000 pokemon from the past will be legendaries on the present... what I meant was for them just to be normal pokemon (the current ones that genetically evolved from some of the old 1000) or extinct pokemon on the present instead of having 1000 legendaries..
    but then again, you will never be able to put 1000 pokemon in your game and code them all. But as I don't want to destroy the dream of anyone who can't listen to other people's opinion, I'll just leave you dreaming with that.
    oh, and btw... never ask me questions that you can't answer yourself ;)

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    You are lost. I just hope one day you find yourself.

I am 19. I have gone though Biology, anatomy, physiology, anthropology, and a few other things. Based on the knowlege i have, you will never be able to have anyone play your games. For the simple reason that you aren't consistant and you don't listen to reason. If you were smart you would use what i provided. I basiclly layed out your game for you. All you would need to do is fill in the details.

Evolution:
    If you think I going to do evolution. no, because the present day pokemon does not have that. You have DNA Evolution for this to happen. Did you ever heard DNA Evolution?
    You must be thinking of the way pokemon evolve in the game. We are talking about genetic evolution. Say pikachu used to be a smaller form with a smaller tail so it could be quieter. but now it is how it persently looks. That is what we are talking about.

The gradual process by which the present diversity of plant and animal life arose from the earliest and most primitive organisms.

All i said was you could have around 100 pre-pokemon. Do you think all Pokemon looked the same as they do now, 1000+ years ago? I think that most were mostly the same. But others were remarkably different.

I have seen better screenshots off a website.
    What do you mean by that?

One final thing that has been killing be for awhile. How can you be 15 with such grammer? It hurts to try to puzzle out what you mean.

Zatch bell

Trainer ZX
    Years
  • Hello

:shocked: Its only one what don't get? Wait........................You think of present time one. He talking about the past kind.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • lol, apparently Dark Ash is not the only one that needs to improve his grammar. Apparently, you are the one who isn#t getting the conversation here Zatch...

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • ye, I had suspected of that but had my doubts, because "they" have different e-mails. So when everyone here is going against him, he just decides to come in as Zatch and try to protect himself, I was mistaken Zatch Bell/Dark Ash, you don't need to improve your grammar, you need to go see a psychiatrist first to see if he can stop you from having double personalities...

Years
  • Seeing as the game has been cancelled, and the fact that it needs a detailed storyline, this will be locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back