• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project Alpha Fan: Hoenn chapter

Years
    btw naw ima compressing archieve for the run.... feel free to help me upload.... coz in my place Uploading is hard.....

too much in my mind...... i was pwnd >_>

EDIT: Holy......... sry for my word but so sorry..... 1 GB to upload.... i will die in w8ing so i will upload the Zipped file, i hope someone could help me on uploading it on youtube..... >_>
    here's da Link:https://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZCDBY2NH

EDIT2: Btw... Fire wolf.... what steps u did to record video... mine is the onw with (uncompressed) so naw the video is 1.6 GB T_T

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Well, I opened the game using VBA, went to Tools -> Record -> Start AVI Recording and then clicked on OK. That worked fine.
    It took me too a lot of time to upload on YouTube.

Anyway, I played more. I battled the trainer below the bridge, near the cut tree on Route 104 for Mudkip to learn Water Gun. Mudkip leveled up twice in the battle and learned Water Gun. Yay.

Then, I healed up and went in the gym. Battled the first trainer for EXP. Leveled up thrice in the battle to level 13. Avoided the second trainer, and took on Roxanne. Geodude was "lol". Water Gun OHKO'd. Nosepass was annoying. Roxanne used 2 potions. But I came on top in the end. I went to the pokemon center and healed up there. Saved. Ohhh and Mudkip leveled up vs Nosepass once.

My time is 0:33. Not too bad, I think. The video will be uploaded soon.

Melvern, where are you and what is your time till now?

Mudkip is level 14, with Water Gun, Mud Slap, Tackle and Growl.

Years
    Well, I opened the game using VBA, went to Tools -> Record -> Start AVI Recording and then clicked on OK. That worked fine.
    It took me too a lot of time to upload on YouTube.

Anyway, I played more. I battled the trainer below the bridge, near the cut tree on Route 104 for Mudkip to learn Water Gun. Mudkip leveled up twice in the battle and learned Water Gun. Yay.

Then, I healed up and went in the gym. Battled the first trainer for EXP. Leveled up thrice in the battle to level 13. Avoided the second trainer, and took on Roxanne. Geodude was "lol". Water Gun OHKO'd. Nosepass was annoying. Roxanne used 2 potions. But I came on top in the end. I went to the pokemon center and healed up there. Saved. Ohhh and Mudkip leveled up vs Nosepass once.

My time is 0:33. Not too bad, I think. The video will be uploaded soon.

Melvern, where are you and what is your time till now?

Mudkip is level 14, with Water Gun, Mud Slap, Tackle and Growl.

mmmm...... i lost mah data..... crap..... i was on petalburg wood and almost got out with 17 mins time T_T naw i restarted...... did the stupid stuff and now heading for may.... with 3 mins... likes the one before

EDIT: huh.. w8... i will upload the video in VMV that can only be seen with VBA.... coz... 1GB uploading is damn long here.
    EDIT2: naw ima slower..... i saved before the trainer with Zigzagoon and i got 7 mins time ^_^..... pretty fast huh? also i have caught zigzagoon with yellow HP with 2 pokeballs... that sucks my time, anyways Lucky i got 2 crits on May's torchic. i will try my best on this challange.
    EDIT3: hey hey... i got my vid 2 part with 10 MB and i can upload it fast xD...(uploading)
    EDIT4: finally..... Video is finished YAY.....

Direct link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNtRyxwQ_J0

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

Years
    7 mins before the Zigzagoon trainer? Wow, I was 8 minutes after getting my pokedex. And I thought I was fast.

Where are you now?

Years
    emm.....w8..... i forgot... gotta check it T_T
    EDIT: w8.. i beat the bug catcher inside petalburg woods(the one with 6 wurmple) i got 17 mins playtime

Fire Wolf

Years
    I just reached Dewford and my playtime is 0:47. I've done that Peeko quest.

Mudkip is a Mudkip no more! It's a l.16 Marshtomp with Water Gun, Tackle, Mud Shot, Growl.

Melvern, I dodged that guy with 6 Wurmples. Takes too much time.

Essence

Aura L♥VE
    Years
    Finishing a game in 1:50? Is that even possible Q.Q. I find completing a game in (# of Gyms x 1 hour eg. HG 16 Hours, Diamond 8 hours) to be fast. :)

Years
    hmm.... fastest record i ever seen in Ruby speed run is 2hours and 30+ minutes.... on you tube..
    btw wish us luck to create new record ^^

EDIT: got out of Petalburg wood, naw near the bullet seed kid. Yay?....... next target= Roxxane's Badge T_T
    also treecko is lvl 12
    A quote from mah treecko:tree treecko ko treecko(naw ima stronger)

Last edited:
    Years
    naw inside Rustboro gym with 22 mins playtime xD

go do Granite cave since brawly is strong.....also, oops.... no sableeye T_T

btw ima standby to fight Roxxane naw, should i fight the trainer?

Treecko lvl 13

EDIT: took me 6 mins to rip out stone badge from Roxxane's Pocket :D
    but naw mah treecko is naw a grovyle*HIP HIP Hoorayy*
    and i got HM cut for Zigzagoon.... saved and i got 28 mins playtime. *aiming to be on Dewford with 35 mins playtime*

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

Years
    28? You're pretty quick, I was at 33 after defeating Roxanne. It's not possible for you to be at Dewford after 35, you have to do the Peeko sidequest and take the Pokenav which takes atleast 10 mins.
    Cut's a waste of time as Cut isn't required in R/S. I havent got Cut till now :D

EDIT: Met Steven, defeated Brawly, went to the route below Slateport with Briney, didnt battle a single trainer there, didnt go to the house where you get 6 soda pops after defeating 3 trainers, reached Slateport, went to the Oceanic Museum, got TM46 Thief, defeated the two Magma grunts up there, gave Devon Goods to Stern, healed, saved. Now comes the most dreaded part: May...

My time is 67 mins or 1:07. Wow, I crossed the hour mark without the third badge. All I know is that Wattson is going to be tough for Melvern and easy for me :D

Marshtomp is level 18, with Mud Shot/Water Gun/Tackle/Growl. I'll mass upload the vids later.

Last edited:
    Years
    WOW same lol.....i wanna try on wattson xD

EDIT:yay..... got to dewford and then i sent Steven the letter. i got out of cave with a lvl 18 Grovyle,lvl 10 Aron,low lvls Tailow and Zigzagoon:bandit:. naw ima standby in front of Pokecenter of Dewford city with OMG.......... 00:41 mins playtime:rambo:.
    well..... Brawly u are going down:rambo:
    EDIT: EPIC BATTLE against Brawly, u will gape when u see the Video ^^ i used alot of potions, it was tough and also.... My grovyle is lvl 19 Movesets:BulletSeed/Absorb/Pursuit/QuickAttack. with 46 mins Platime woooohoooooooo
    pretty fast, yay?

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

Years
    Guess what?! I have done the most difficult phase of the game: May! Though on my 6th try (I had saved just before her and kept loading each time), I defeated her. Wailmer was KO'd with three Mud Shots, and then came the devil: Grovyle. Marshtomp is such a beast, took TWO 4x Absorbs and KO'd Grovyle. I had lost 13HP in previous encounters, and thought the 13 HP could be valuable, so I first sent out Zigzagoon to heal that 13HP with a super potion I bought before the battle. Grovyle killed poor Zigzagoon with Quick Attack. Then I sent out Marshtomp, who was level 21. I taught Marshtomp Rock Tomb only for Grovyle. It used Absorb, I used Rock Tomb, luckily a critical hit which put Grovyle's HP to red, and while it used Absorb again, I Rock Tombed for the KO! Yay! Sadly I couldnt avoid the two trainers after May and one before May. Whatever, I defeated may atleast.
    Defeated Wally as well and now im trying to find the quickest way to Wattson.

Wattson will be a cakewalk, Mud Shot > him.

Marshtomp is level 21 with Water Gun/Rock Tomb/Mud Shot/Tackle.

82 minutes or 1:22 is my time. I know its a bad time, but I hope to improve.

Years
    hmm....i dont fear T_T
    Atleast i can take out... *coughwattsoncough*
    oh well...... i have aron to take out Wattson(or Watssup)

Flannery is more..... Ouch....

Back