• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project Alpha Fan: Hoenn chapter

Years
    hmmm...... my lil bro did a E4 run with groudon on his party....
    OMG.... he did it so fast i didn't notice i entered first but i have hard times on Steven, but he can do it with earthquake and fireblast.i ended up giving Zangoose Fire blast and used alot of leppa berries. btw Eruption might do it easier but it takes time to lvl it ip(well gtg sleep)

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    I don't know why, but I want to start my speed run now. Even if I fail to beat the record time (whatever it is), I can anytime retry.

I will do a Swampert solo run (obv not counting slaves) uptil I defeat Norman and get Surf. With Surf, I can catch Carvanha, catchable at Route 118 with Good Rod. Sharpedo could help me with disposing Tate & Liza quicker, and help A LOT with Phoebe. My end team would be Swampert with Surf, Brick Break, Ice Beam and Earthquake while Sharpedo will have Crunch, Hydro Pump or Surf, Earthquake (ill teach it with the TM as Pert learns it by level up) and something.

Should I record a video or something? If so, how do you record a video on VBA?

Diablo361

Trainer of the Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2018
    Ah, I see now. I thought you were suggesting Sableye, but just couldn't remember his name, so you left it as Dark/Ghost type. My bad, and I agree that Sableye is not the strongest choice.

Mightyena. Use Shadow Ball Tm. Rip through Pheobe.

Fire Wolf

Years
    myrrhman, you can update my team and put Sharpedo with Crunch, Surf (sadly Hydro Pump is an egg move), Earthquake and Slash.

I don't have many options for the last slot, I'd have to waste time getting the Return TM from Cozmo/the person in pacifidlog. I'll start tomorrow morning, as it is late in my country now.

Diablo361, you have to waste time to get the Shadow Ball TM, or else I could teach it to better choices. Mightyena could be better with a STAB Crunch.

edit: I saw Melvern's team and saw Sceptile with Dig. imo getting the Dig TM is a waste of time and you have more powerful choices like Earthquake. Also don't teach Bulk Up to Sceptile as setting up Bulk Ups takes time and set up attacks arent good in speed runs.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    new tip:no new mauville,shoal cave,or getting alot o stuff in victory road
    Yeah, this is a good idea. Everyone should first come up with their team. Then, they should stick to the main path unless they are going out to get a TM (which shouldn't be too much of a side path, or it wouldn't be worth it).

I'm in for this - hit me up on all 3 Hoenn Games. ^^

Ruby:
    Torchic

Sapphire:
    Mudkip

Emerald:
    Treecko
    I would stay away from Emerald, there's extra stuff that you have to beat. Also, do Mudkip on Ruby, because you will be fighting Team Magma, who uses Fire Types. Torchic is better on Sapphire, because even though you are facing water types, it seems to me that most of the time they use Dark Moves, and your second type is Fighting.

Years
    btw Fire wolf.....have you memorised the way to break through the gym puzzle? seems i have memorised all including Wallace,Tate&Liza,Winona.
    well,gtg to school to receive report and certificate >_<.
    btw, i started too on ruby with treecko,it must be tough but i will keep on though....
    also dig wastes time so i think that kecleon,Zangoose will help alot in tate and liza, zangoose got high attack and kecleon got his high defense and with slash its strong.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Couldn't someone create a team of pokemon to trade over to easily OHKO every gym leader and at a level that it will obey the player on a different game than the one you are using for the challenge? (like if you have ruby and sapphire with one completed you could build the perfect pokemon to ohko each gym leader and at the first possible moment trade them all over then easily defeat every gym leader). I don't know why trading would be bad or against the rules. And also know how to get thru the water routes quickly.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    Shoot, I Lost my emerald, I'll get another than I'll post lol

Btw, since emerald is different, the record is separate from rs

Red tip 1
    SKip all unnessasary things, such as don't catch the in game legends, don't spend time for items, and don't train too many pokemon

Red tip 2
    I would just try mono pokemoning it, you don't have to train that much pokemon for the e4, in emerald, if your starter isn't lv. 65 by the e4, save catch rayquaza beat e4, then try again without rayquaza

Red tip 3
    Buy tons of repels, it will save tons of time

Red tip 4
    Set options to fast text speed, and battle scene off, and battle style set

Red tip 5
    Use mach bike 24/7, hopefully it will only take 2-4 hours though

Red tip 6
    If hoenn isn't your fav, and you don't know a lot about it, try another alpha fan first, then try this one if your up to it

Red tip 7
    HAVE FUN OR ILL BEAT THE **** OUT OF YOU jk, but do have fun!

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Couldn't someone create a team of pokemon to trade over to easily OHKO every gym leader and at a level that it will obey the player on a different game than the one you are using for the challenge? (like if you have ruby and sapphire with one completed you could build the perfect pokemon to ohko each gym leader and at the first possible moment trade them all over then easily defeat every gym leader). I don't know why trading would be bad or against the rules. And also know how to get thru the water routes quickly.
    I'm pretty sure you can't trade Pokemon. It is meant to be one straight run on one game. If so, then piece of cake, all you have to do is trade Mudkip to another game, level him to level 100 on the elite four (or at least very high) and teach him his final moveset, then trade him back while you complete a little bit of the game with another Pokemon. Unfortunately, this isn't the case.
    Red tip 2
    I would just try mono pokemoning it, you don't have to train that much pokemon for the e4, in emerald, if your starter isn't lv. 65 by the e4, save catch rayquaza beat e4, then try again without rayquaza
    This is the only tip I don't agree with. I think that two Pokemon is the ideal number. You still get plenty of exp from everyone, and you can either get a bit of type coverage or have an advantage over some of the elite four (like Fire Wolf's Sharpedo). 3 is pushing it, unless the third is a Legendary, and doesn't need any experience. However, this should only be done if there is like a couple of big battles that otherwise would take much longer (Possibly Groudon for Wallace and Glacia or something). Legendaries have very slow growth rates, and will absolutely drain the experience that your other Pokemon need. So your Legendary should be able to, at the level its at, one hit the person you are trying to beat.

Fire Wolf

Years
    Okay so, I'm starting in a few minutes. I'll keep you guys updated.

Some more tips:
    Don't go to the route west of Mauville.
    Avoid the desert east of Lavaridge.

edit: I defeated May in Route 103 and got my pokedex + pokeballs. Mudkip is level 6 with Tackle, Growl and Mud Slap. I'll upload the vids later.
    Oh and my time is: 0:08. Not a bad time I hope.

edit 2: Here's the video. Youtube takes loads of time to upload..:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTf-a304FaM
    Strangely, the video doesnt cover me getting the pokedex + pokeballs. It's only up to me defeating May.

edit 3: As I said I'll keep you updated, here's another update. I did stuff etc. up to Route 104 aka the route where Petalburg Woods end. That means I've now ended the Petalburg woods. Mudkip is level 9 with the same moves. I've caught a Zigzagoon which is a HM slave. I will upload the vid after some time.

My time till now is 0:23. I think it's a good time uptill here, and before 0:30 I'll probably defeat Roxanne.

Fun Fact: For part 2, as I kept screwing it up, on my 6th try I finally made it out of Petalburg Woods without screwing it up again. To add on to that, 6 is my lucky no. :D

edit 4: I tried to upload the video. YouTube strangely says: The upload failed due to an unknown error. Do you mind if I miss out on the update from getting pokeballs + pokedex to crossing Petalburg woods, myrrhman?

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Do you think that 0:23 after clearing Petalburg Woods is good?
    Honestly, I have no idea. If you think you've generally been sticking to the fastest route, avoiding trainers you don't have to fight, and not spend much time just standing there, then yeah, I reckon its a pretty good time. Since we're the first people to go for this record, we don't have anything to compare it to.

Fire Wolf

Years
    I've battled only 3 trainers. One was May, one was that unavoidable youngster, one was that Magma grunt. Yeah, I've only faced the unavoidable ones. Also, Mudkip is level 8 atm, not 9.

Spoiler:

Years
    wow! yeah i did KO'ed the may's chicken with treecko*i have 3 HP left)
    i did the stuff blah blah, then i got pokedex, then pokeballs, with Running shoes ... hell yeah ^^... saved and i check the time..... OMG.... 0:06 O_O

EDIT: want me to upload the video?

Back