• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Years
    For organizational purposes, and because I plan on being fairly lazy/neat freaky about this, could we please strike through all text in edited posts of things that were done (completed) since the initial post?

I don't mean to be a pain, but it makes tracking things easier for everyone in the long run and is going to allow me to be more efficient at compiling the information properly in the claim sheet.

Edited it as best as I could. I was making it originally as a guide for whoever was implementing it into the scripts, but I realized it would be easier for me to just do it instead.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
    Edited it as best as I could. I was making it originally as a guide for whoever was implementing it into the scripts, but I realized it would be easier for me to just do it instead.

Thanks for updating the post. I am still logging everything into the spreadsheet including updates to moves, abilities, battle, and Pokémon. I will log the changes that were compiled in the script file as well.

Years
    Thanks for updating the post. I am still logging everything into the spreadsheet including updates to moves, abilities, battle, and Pokémon. I will log the changes that were compiled in the script file as well.

Also, while we're at it I think the currently un-implemented abilities and moves should be added to this sheet as well. Both are color coded

Moves that don't work properly:
    https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Function_codes

Abilities that don't work properly:
    https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Ability_effects

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
    Also, while we're at it I think the currently un-implemented abilities and moves should be added to this sheet as well. Both are color coded

Moves that don't work properly:
    https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Function_codes

Abilities that don't work properly:
    https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Ability_effects

There are a ton of these that I think should honestly be a different project.

Added.

I am calling it a night. Tomorrow I will finish up the Pokémon tab and begin the items.

Last edited:
    Years
    There are a ton of these that I think should honestly be a different project.

Added.

I am calling it a night. Tomorrow I will finish up the Pokémon tab and begin the items.

A tab for new moves should be added as well. I will try to finish going through the thread tomorrow, got stuck for a bit getting the "preventing powder moves from hitting grass pokemon" thing, as the suggestion in the thread for this was overcomplicated. All ability updates are done, I believe.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
    Is there any job that I can help you guys with? I don't know how to script but can do anything else, also I'm going to start learning to script this week.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Does someone want to take over the first post of this thread? It's much easier to look at that than to try to find information in random posts around this thread.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
    I have the sheet made, and I used tabs to break them down by sections.

As for the sprites, we can either use Smogon's or I can contribute the .GIF files for all of the pokemon and forms if someone wishes to mess with them for this project. Alternatively we can just focus on the data and leave the sprites up to the discretion of whoever uses the Gen 6 pack. I would offer up my scripts from Pillars of Destiny that allowed me to use the animated .GIFs but I am certain that it would just be a nightmare for anyone trying to get it situated into PE v.14.

*EDIT

Gen 6 Claim Sheet

It's great to see this project up again! I have made plenty of contributions regarding abilities that are easily fixed to work in v14. Since then I have also worked on some abilities/moves that I didn't post here because this was dead. If you want to give me permission to edit the worksheet I'd be more than glad to help out.

Years
    Is there any job that I can help you guys with? I don't know how to script but can do anything else, also I'm going to start learning to script this week.

We need updated PBS files (pokemon.txt, double check the item.txt I've linked to, moves.txt, and tm.txt)

We also need someone to help located sprites and such for the new pokemon. I think many of these can be found on serbii, but I'm not sure if they're free to use.

Does someone want to take over the first post of this thread? It's much easier to look at that than to try to find information in random posts around this thread.

I can, that's basically what the post I've been editing is for, I'll just add in WorldSlayer's links and info.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2016
    Protean: Insert in PokeBattle_Move between 548-549
    Code:
        if attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:PROTEAN) && !attacker.pbHasType?(type)
          attacker.type1=@type
          attacker.type2=@type
          @battle.pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("{1} changed into {2} type!",attacker.name,PBTypes.getName(@type)))
        end

Last edited:
    Years
    Protean: Insert in PokeBattle_Move between 548-549
    Code:
        if attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:PROTEAN) && !attacker.pbHasType?(type)
          basedmg=(basedmg*1.2).floor
          attacker.type1=@type
          attacker.type2=@type
          @battle.pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("{1} changed into {2} type!",attacker.name,PBTypes.getName(@type)))
        end

Thank you. The basedamage part is unnecessary though, just fyi, as the STAB bonus is already done shortly afterwards, so I'm not sure what that is for.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2022

Yes I agree, if possible it would be much better to update the first post.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years

I can take over the first post. Either myself of mej71. I can maintain it with links and claim updates and keep it updated even in the event the project dies down, as I generally always lurk rather than completely disappear from the forums, which means I will always be around to edit it.

The PBS files still need to be made. I was going to finish a couple tabs and claim a bunch of the mons to start working on for the PBS file here soon, but if someone else wants to get that started that would be great.

It's great to see this project up again! I have made plenty of contributions regarding abilities that are easily fixed to work in v14. Since then I have also worked on some abilities/moves that I didn't post here because this was dead. If you want to give me permission to edit the worksheet I'd be more than glad to help out.

Hopefully it is going to be more organized from here on out so it is clear what has and has not been done and everything can be compiled into a single file as we go. This will help us keep it nice and easy for people to just plug and play moving forward, or at least that is my hope.

If you have anything for the abilities that is updated for v.14 and want to re post it, that would be sweet. I can give you permission to edit the sheet and log your claims and whether or not they are completed. Just PM me your gmail address and I will add you.

Thank you. The basedamage part is unnecessary though, just fyi, as the STAB bonus is already done shortly afterwards, so I'm not sure what that is for.

mej71, if you have a gmail as well and would like permission to edit the sheet - just PM me your email and I will add you as well.

If one of you would like to take over implementing the scripts that are complete into a clean version of v.14 that would help us. If we have just one person handling the implementation of completed scripts it can help us keep it more organized. That person can update the Claim sheet with any completed scripts that have been posted to this thread and then upload the doc and I can back it up.

Years
    If one of you would like to take over implementing the scripts that are complete into a clean version of v.14 that would help us. If we have just one person handling the implementation of completed scripts it can help us keep it more organized. That person can update the Claim sheet with any completed scripts that have been posted to this thread and then upload the doc and I can back it up.

That's what I've been doing in the first post actually.

Another thing we will need is people to bug test the scripts and things, to help ensure we have everything working properly.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
    Hopefully it is going to be more organized from here on out so it is clear what has and has not been done and everything can be compiled into a single file as we go. This will help us keep it nice and easy for people to just plug and play moving forward, or at least that is my hope.

If you have anything for the abilities that is updated for v.14 and want to re post it, that would be sweet. I can give you permission to edit the sheet and log your claims and whether or not they are completed. Just PM me your gmail address and I will add you.

Great, I just have to test a few things before to post them, since I haven't used some of them after the update to v14 (even though I updated/fixed them). Also, as soon as we figure out what we already have that is working, and also what is broken that can get fixed, I'll get to work on other abilities/moves.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
    Those were all tested:

-Gale Wings: Right after Prankster's effect script, that is located in def pbPriority in PokeBattle_Battle, add:
    Code:
    pri+=1 if @battlers[i].hasWorkingAbility(:GALEWINGS) &&
    isConst?(@choices[i][2].type,PBTypes,:FLYING)

-Fur Coat: Right after Heatproof's effect script, that is located in def pbCalcDamage in PokeBattle_Move, add:
    Code:
    if opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:FURCOAT) && category=0
         damagemult=(damagemult*0.5).round
    end

-Mega Launcher: Right after Heatproof's effect script, that is located in def pbCalcDamage in PokeBattle_Move, add:
    Code:
        if attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:MEGALAUNCHER)
              if @id == 93 || @id == 25 || @id == 56 || @id == 548
                  basedmg=(basedmg*1.5).floor
              end
        end

-Strong Jaw: Right after Heatproof's effect script, that is located in def pbCalcDamage in PokeBattle_Move, add:
    Code:
        if attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:STRONGJAW)
              if @id == 24 || @id == 28 || @id == 75 || @id == 142 || @id == 248 || @id == 435
                  basedmg=(basedmg*1.5).floor
              end
        end

-Tough Claws: Right after Heatproof's effect script, that is located in def pbCalcDamage in PokeBattle_Move, add:
    Code:
        if opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:TOUGHCLAWS) &&
          (@flags&0x01)!=0 && @basedamage>0 # flag A: Makes contact
          damagemult=(damagemult*1.3).round
        end

-Defiant AND Competitive: Add in def pbReduceStat and def pbReduceAttackStatStageIntimidate in PokeBattle_Effects by the end, just before the last return true line in each section, the respective codes:
    Code:
            if !selfreduce && hasWorkingAbility(:DEFIANT) 
            pbIncreaseStat(PBStats::ATTACK,2,false)
            @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("Defiant sharply raised {1}'s Attack!", pbThis))
          end
          if !selfreduce && hasWorkingAbility(:COMPETITIVE)  
            pbIncreaseStat(PBStats::SPATK,2,false)
            @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("Competitive sharply raised {1}'s Special Attack!", pbThis))
          end

Code:
          if hasWorkingAbility(:DEFIANT) 
            pbIncreaseStat(PBStats::ATTACK,2,false)
            @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("Defiant sharply raised {1}'s Attack!", pbThis))
          end
          if hasWorkingAbility(:COMPETITIVE) 
            pbIncreaseStat(PBStats::SPATK,2,false)
            @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("Competitive sharply raised {1}'s Special Attack!", pbThis))
          end

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
    I'm happy to see all of you helping for those updates :D

For the first post, it's the bast place to put a link to the doc and all the scripts behind. Just put the current post in a big spoiled at the end to keep it since it still has lot of contents.

I'll try my best to help too, even if I've not so much knowledge in scripting. Maybe trying to find some graphics for items, pokémons... (also I'm not going to get animated igs for battlers, since using gifs isn't easy (it's so glitchy). Smogon made static sprites of gen 6 pokemons with the gen 5 style, it'll be fine).

Last edited:

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
    I can update the pokemon.txt files, are we going by ORAS movesets or X/Y?

Tell me which moveset, and maybe I'll start off by doing Unova and Kalos Pokemon (unless someone already got those claimed, then just tell me which section to do).

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
    Last edited:
    Back